• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

John Keel - 1930-2009

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a real treat, an interview I conducted with John A. Keel on May 24, 1992. Another early one hour interview on CRN on UFOs Tonite!.

I had admired Keel ever since I read his Mothman book, then found many others he had written and devoured them. I interviewed Keel for UFO Magazine going all the way back to 1989 in Volume 4 Issue #4. I certainly did not always agree with John Keels conclusions about UFOs but I always did find his work fascinating. In 1991 Keel wrote an article for us where he concluded that the Roswell Crash was a Japanese Fugo balloon. Boy!, did he manage to piss off many in the UFO field back then.

Keel could be a little rough at times. I guess he felt he had spent his time in the trenches and did not suffer what he felt were fools, gladly. When he passed on into the great beyond this past July, 2009, I think we really lost an "Original" character. For what it is worth, I liked Keel, liked his books, and liked his take on things even if I did not agree with him. Hell, what else is there to say?

Decker

John Keel Opening

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/JohnKeelOpening.mp3

John Keel Show

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/JohnKeel.mp3

Enjoyed this one immensely. Despite having read a lot of his work, this is the first time I've ever heard Keel interviewed.

Don,

Listening to the interview right now, man, you do us such honor posting these historical interviews on these forums. You do a fantastic interview, Keel sounds like my kind of guy. Thanks again so much for your hard work and friendship!

dB

Don,

Listening to the interview right now, man, you do us such honor posting these historical interviews on these forums. You do a fantastic interview, Keel sounds like my kind of guy. Thanks again so much for your hard work and friendship!

dB

My absolute pleasure David ... and thanks to you and Gene from the bottom of my heart!

Decker

I wonder why people always bash the man. It clear to me a least. His ideas had merit. There so much going on and there is so many entities or beings been seen by people, not a spaceship in sight during this encounters, but once we see a few spacecraft. It has to be travelers from space.

Nobody is perfect personality wise, but what he said is what we should listen to and judge him on that. leave aside other issues for another time.

Don the Mothman is a strange story. An angel of darkness' wings and all:)

Thanks for the interview Don.

Back