• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jim Moseley on UFO Fakers

Sentry

Paranormal Adept
I wish I''d noticed Jim was going to be a guest, so I could have sent in some questions. Several "fakers" Jim discussed were mentioned in a book I just read, Curtis Peebles' Watch the Skies. Here's quotes on a couple of others, both related to the Aztec hoax:

George T. Koehler (Promoted Silas Newton's saucer lecture)
"Cahn also checked on George T. Koehler who had been with Newton at the lecture. Cahn caught him in several lies, including that he had been a football player with the Chicago Bears."

Leo A. GeBauer
"A Better Business Bureau investigation uncovered some inconsistencies in GeBauer's background. Instead of degrees from Armour Institute, Creighton University, and the University of Berlin, he now claimed only an electrical engineering degree from Louis Institute of Technology. In Scully's book, he was described as having led 1700 scientists doing some 35000 experiments, costing $1 billion in top secret magnetic research. GeBauer now said he had only been Chief of Laboratories at the AiResearch Company — in fact he had only been a maintenance man."

Also, I can't remember if you guys talked about Bob Lazar, but he's another academic faker that was in Peebles' book too.

Great to hear from Jim Moseley, and congratulations to him for that big 80th birthday!

We do put up a thread in The Question Bank when we have time to solicit questions. But not to fear — he'll be back. Maybe we'll even have an August 4th birthday bash for him on the show. That would be fitting for someone who has been at it so long.

Hi Gene & Chris,
Excellent show and its good to hear all side of the spectrum and Mr Jim Moseley a gentlemen as ever.
The South American story was very interesting and Gene any chance of getting Dr Farrell on in the near future and Mr Jim Moseley thoughts on Dr Farrell' theories which are quite interesting ?

Furthermore, stolen valor seems to appear in the Ufology field :mad:which only disrespects all those brave souls and (excellent researchers like Don :cool:) who have sacrifice so much for all for freedom of speech , liberty and justice in the West.:)

Good Day Sentry,

I wish I''d noticed Jim was going to be a guest, so I could have sent in some questions. Several "fakers" Jim discussed were mentioned in a book I just read, Curtis Peebles' Watch the Skies. Here's quotes on a couple of others, both related to the Aztec hoax:

George T. Koehler (Promoted Silas Newton's saucer lecture)
"Cahn also checked on George T. Koehler who had been with Newton at the lecture. Cahn caught him in several lies, including that he had been a football player with the Chicago Bears."

Koehler was in fact the one originally asked to do the lecture, as a student from Denver U worked at the radio station where Koehler worked. Koehler, wasn't comfortable speaking in front of a larger group, and Newton stepped in at the last moment.

Cahn's behavior was dubitable at best and certainly not in accordance with "ethical" journalism.

Leo A. GeBauer
"A Better Business Bureau investigation uncovered some inconsistencies in GeBauer's background. Instead of degrees from Armour Institute, Creighton University, and the University of Berlin, he now claimed only an electrical engineering degree from Louis Institute of Technology. In Scully's book, he was described as having led 1700 scientists doing some 35000 experiments, costing $1 billion in top secret magnetic research. GeBauer now said he had only been Chief of Laboratories at the AiResearch Company — in fact he had only been a maintenance man."

There never was a BBB investigation per se (to which GeBauer was a member). Moreover, the academic credits in Scully's book were not associated with Leo GeBauer, according to its author; a stance that he (Scully) held until the day he died.

The academic description does in fact accurately depict a scientist who worked with Vannevar Bush and the NDRC (National Defense Research Committee) during the war.

Cheers,
Frank

Jim is always entertaining. One thing I want to comment on is the idea that IF UFOs are ETs that they would have to be thousands of years ahead of us. That's presumptuous. They might only have to be 100, or even 50 years ahead of us!

Think about this. My father was born in 1900. Think about the state of technology when he was 12 years old. Then when he was 69, he saw man land on the moon! All that in 69 years. I was 12 years old in 1969. Now think about what kids have today that I didn't have. Our technology has no progressed as much in certain areas. We have still been using 19th century light bulbs. Automobiles are pretty much just a refined version of what they were, and still run on explosions. We send things into space with explosions. We are still basing a lot of our technology on when we discovered fire!

So the "ETs" would just have to have discovered something we don't know about yet, and went down a different path from the beginning.

But I tend to agree with Jim and others that we are probably dealing with something that we don't understand and that doesn't fit into the ETH. The more you compare the ETH with the actual strange events people experience, you can see how it doesn't make sense.

an old wise head who made some interesting comments regarding roswell and the betty and barney hill story. all these cases i held in the very good possibility of ET intervention but as of late have more doubts on these famous cases than i did before. great show with Jim and look forward to him being back on very soon again.:cool:

I always enjoy it when Jim Moseley appears on the Paracast. He's got such a wealth of historical knowledge, because he's been following all of the interesting and wacky stuff going on in the UFO field all the way back to the 1950's. I just recently got ahold of a copy of his book in ebook form, and it is proving such an enjoyable read.

where did you get a copy mikesee ?:D
Barnes and Noble has got Jim's book, "Shockingly Close to the Truth", available in ebook form for the Nook. If you don't want to buy a Nook, there is a Nook ereader application that is available via Itunes as a free download for the Iphone/Ipad. Works quite nicely.

Overall, considering multiple episodes, Jim Moseley is definitely one of the best guests there's been. So it was nice hearing him again and I think having him yet again, especially with a second guest (as that seems to spawn anecdotes even more), would be a great plan.

Overall, considering multiple episodes, Jim Moseley is definitely one of the best guests there's been. So it was nice hearing him again and I think having him yet again, especially with a second guest (as that seems to spawn anecdotes even more), would be a great plan.
yeah, let's get Ray back! Boy, I'll bet the two of them could riff...
On 2nd thought... yikes...

Back