• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jim Marrs on March 7th

AdamI

Skilled Investigator
Great show... reminds me of the shows where you sort of just explored and let people talk when the Paracast was first getting into the UFO subject.

To summarize my reaction:

I buy:

JFK - IMHO, this is now established history. JFK was killed by a conspiracy of some kind, possibly involving the military/intelligence world or some rogue element therein.

Grey basket:

The Aurora UFO crash, crash recoveries, reverse engineering, the idea of remote viewing.

Do not buy:

NAZI technology derived from remote viewing, NAZI saucers (though they did have flying wings and other novel designs on the drawing board), spiritualism stuff.

Marrs is sure fun to listen to though! Good episode.

If I stopped on every point and grilled him, the show would come to a dead stop! As I said, with Marrs you just enjoy the ride. Some of his stuff is credible, some not so. But it raises lots of ideas we can explore separately with other guests in future episodes.

I see the responses so far are pretty consistent with my take. I was not familiar with Marrs before the show and as I listened I thought to myself "I bet this man never heard a conspiracy he didn't like". Believing in any one conspiracy theory is one thing. But believing in ALL of them is just not credible. They aren't even consistent with one another. How could one person possibly believe that nazi's devised working saucer technology from Spiritualism and then that same person turn around and conclude that the existence of UFOs must mean there are aliens visiting the earth?

It's fun stuff to listen to because people are bored with life as it is described by the western materialist view that dominates our culture. Other than causing a few of us to think a little bit, I'm not sure it contributes much to the truth seekers cause out there.

I see the responses so far are pretty consistent with my take. I was not familiar with Marrs before the show and as I listened I thought to myself "I bet this man never heard a conspiracy he didn't like". Believing in any one conspiracy theory is one thing. But believing in ALL of them is just not credible. They aren't even consistent with one another. How could one person possibly believe that nazi's devised working saucer technology from Spiritualism and then that same person turn around and conclude that the existence of UFOs must mean there are aliens visiting the earth?

It's fun stuff to listen to because people are bored with life as it is described by the western materialist view that dominates our culture. Other than causing a few of us to think a little bit, I'm not sure it contributes much to the truth seekers cause out there.

I think we do know the Germans were doing lots of advanced technology for the time during World War II regardless of source. A German-built saucer doesn't preclude an ET-based saucer. Why not both?

To me if we suspect that humans have the (secret) technology to build functioning saucers then why would we need to entertain such far out theories involving aliens visiting from other planets to explain unidentified flying objects? Someone might respond with "abductions" but I don't think Marrs ever mentioned abductions. He focused on wreckage retrieval and the subsequent cover-ups, none of which is necessarily inconsistent with a Nazi crashed saucer. Why would he need aliens too?

To me if we suspect that humans have the (secret) technology to build functioning saucers then why would we need to entertain such far out theories involving aliens visiting from other planets to explain unidentified flying objects? Someone might respond with "abductions" but I don't think Marrs ever mentioned abductions. He focused on wreckage retrieval and the subsequent cover-ups, none of which is necessarily inconsistent with a Nazi crashed saucer. Why would he need aliens too?

We can have Nazi aircraft that's saucer shaped AND ET. Why should one exclude the other? It's always possible the latter influenced the Nazis to attempt to duplicate the form factor. We did. There were saucer-shaped U.S. test aircraft as early as the 1950s, as you probably know.

"So finally, we're all in agreement about what's going on....Ahem. OK, here's what we've got: the
Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people....under the supervision of the reverse vampires"

[ The Simpsons. Season 6, Episode 10. 04/12/1994 ]

"People have to stop and THINK for themselves" Jim Marrs :confused:

Ok... after a quick google search....8)

On poppy fields
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-03-30-poppy-fields_N.htm

On Guiding Hurricanes
http://www.usnews.com/news/national/articles/2008/06/13/a-new-debate-over-steering-hurricanes.html

On Global Hawk
http://www.fas.org/irp/program/collect/global_hawk.htm

Yes, Global Hawk remotely controls a UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle ) from great distances.... how does this enable the capture of an airliners computer?... It doesn't!

Sure passenger planes record and even transmit some pieces of telemetry, but they do not receive telemetry to control direction, altitude or speed.

You can't remotely capture a computer on a closed network (i.e. the plane), even if you were able to interfere with the flight computer from a distance (except for maybe crashing the computer and cutting the power) you could not use the interference to steer or control the plane with any great results over the actions of the flight crew.

As usual it's a little bit of truth and a whole lot of CRAP.

Welp, didn't take long for the 'gold standard' to go bust.
This guy is loonier then Glen Beck.

Or, maybe that's just want I "want" you to think....

Jeez.
Replace Dave with George Noory, get Silvia Brown on the show and David Sereda and call it a day.

Or, maybe that just want I "want" you to think....

Jeez.
Replace Dave with George Noory, get Silvia Brown on the show and David Sereda and call it a day.

He is not the host, my friend. He's just a guest with some wild ideas. :)

...careful, he may send a hurricane your way :)

Great show... reminds me of the shows where you sort of just explored and let people talk when the Paracast was first getting into the UFO subject.

To summarize my reaction:

I buy:

JFK - IMHO, this is now established history. JFK was killed by a conspiracy of some kind, possibly involving the military/intelligence world or some rogue element therein.

Grey basket:

The Aurora UFO crash, crash recoveries, reverse engineering, the idea of remote viewing.

Do not buy:

NAZI technology derived from remote viewing, NAZI saucers (though they did have flying wings and other novel designs on the drawing board), spiritualism stuff.

Marrs is sure fun to listen to though! Good episode.

If you take this a bit further, you get what I call the PPH: the ParaPolitical Hypothesis. (PPH goes with ETH, CTH, etc.) The PPH holds that these craft are artifacts of secret human activity, either deep black projects or something even deeper.

We can have Nazi aircraft that's saucer shaped AND ET. Why should one exclude the other? It's always possible the latter influenced the Nazis to attempt to duplicate the form factor. We did. There were saucer-shaped U.S. test aircraft as early as the 1950s, as you probably know.

Hi Gene,
You are correct, In 1944 a number of NAZI scientist were sent down the rabbit hole:p and ended up in the USA these folks were not the average joe bloggs highly intelligent individuals who names have never been revealed :confused:an old spycraft veteran told me many years ago while attending a mass for those servicemen who had died in combat. Remember , the punch computer, rockets, biological experiments etc. :)

Mr Jim Marrs at least speaks his mind as excellent author and reporter. Not like the mushrooms who rather report on who got who's knickers in a twist!

Freedom of Speech its nice thought!::)
blowfish

Jim Marrs is a fun guy with great stories. I don't buy a lot of what he says but he is a great listen. Just take it as it is. Life is not meant to be taken seriously all of the time now. Is it?

"So finally, we're all in agreement about what's going on....Ahem. OK, here's what we've got: the
Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people....under the supervision of the reverse vampires"

It's a massive conspiracy to eliminate the meal known as "dinner". We're through the looking glasss here, people!

AVRO Aerocar. And yeah, it's absurd to assume human built disc-shaped craft somehow accounts for ALL disc shaped craft (espescially since all our attempts to build such craft suuuuuuuuuuucked).

I always enjoy Jim Marrs, he's like paranormal field's equivelant of the "popcorn movie". Just listen and try not to think too hard. Like alot of conspiracists, I have no issue with his core theses, just some of his conclusions.

All around fun, fun, fun!

from the article linked: Poppy production has skyrocketed since the 2001 U.S. invasion.

Yeah, because the US goverment would prefer to deal with opium farmers not pissed off ex opium farmers who cant feed their family have nothing to loose and join the taliban.

And as for the hurricane article
"The project also tried "seeding clouds," particularly with silver oxide crystals, to super-cool the clouds and, hopefully, weaken hurricanes. Tests on several Atlantic hurricanes revealed that the structure of the storms was not what the team had theorized and that small-scale cloud seeding was ineffective.
Now, with far more sophisticated computer modeling and more advanced aircraft, weakening storms seems closer, if researchers can only get funding to test their theories. Several million dollars in seed money from DHS could fund some studies, according to scientists on the AMS panel. Workable tests could be far more expensive."

Lovehater, as you said the US as well as China, UK and the USSR have been cloud seeding for decades, the technology is not new but doesnt work as Mr Marrs suggests. But hey why let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy story.. As I said before a little truth and a whole load of CRAP

Or, maybe that's just want I "want" you to think....

Jeez.

At least Marrs is literate enough to know the difference between the words "then" and "than".

For those who have an open mind and actually invite new ideas, check out Marrs' very good book, "Rule by Secrecy: The Hidden History That Connects the Trilateral Commission, the Freemasons, and the Great Pyramids."

Gene, good interview. Marrs is quite the character. Sometimes the things he says can seem quite strange, while at other times they incontestably (and sadly) ring true. On occasion during interviews I've heard him "take off" a bit too far on some topics. You managed to keep him focused and on point.

Yet another good Paracast show.

It's fun stuff to listen to because people are bored with life as it is described by the western materialist view that dominates our culture.

Yes. I once said something similar on another thread, but people were very unwilling to share my viewpoint. ;)

I'm not talking of one theory or another, but what Jim Marrs does (and many people do as well) is believing in conspiracies as a whole, and having the conspiracy filter as a standard to interpret reality. There's a Latin saying that I always quote on these occasions: credo quia absurdum, or "I belive because it's absurd". That's what mr. Marrs seems to be doing: things become believable because they're conspiracy theories. And I don't believe that it gets you any closer to the truth. If anything, it gets you closer to a paranoia diagnose. ;)

I think this happens when boredom meets a cynic mind. It's a way of looking to the boring, dull everyday life and saying "there MUST be more to it". Having conspiracies as the rule is a way to constantly create an entire pessimist version of reality, one that is more exciting and "only smart people see". I find that interesting, but intellectually suspicious.

Back