• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jesus Christ and Roswell NM

The UFO phenomenon is far more complex than a single answer to the entire problem. Here’s an analogy you might (and I mean MIGHT) be able to grasp -

Like all paranormal phenomenon, the UFO question is best described as an intricately woven tapestry.

Some people look at the tapestry and see only the thing they want to see. For the majority like you that appears to be ET. They surround themselves with like minded observers who see the same thing. Thus they conclude what they see is real because other people see it too. And so they only embrace like minded observers who can create an echo chamber that produces what they want - a self reinforcing bias.

As a result they can’t see anything else. They’re blind. If someone says to them the tapestry doesn’t show ET at all, they go ballistic and get snarky like you. Because your bias isn’t being reinforced and hence you’re pissed off. Anyone who dares disagree with your observation(s) and “righteous” conclusions you simply dismiss as a loon, moron, skeptic or debunker who you immediately attack because you can’t stand to have your bias challenged.

However if one took the time to actually examine the tapestry in detail, they’d notice the entire thing is made up of different types of threads altogether. Some are more common than others, and some are unique only to themselves. Together all the threads make up the tapestry.

Being blind and biased, you think the entire tapestry is woven from the very same thread. Thus you can’t possibly comprehend the complexity involved. So you rampage like a child stomping her feet because you can’t bear to think your myopic perspective could be incorrect. Because if it is incorrect, that means you’re conclusions are wrong. And your ego can’t handle being wrong. So you just rampage all the more.

I just love it how you move around direct questions and just continue on with your cheap lamentations and circular diatribes.
All that "surrounding oneself with like minded observes" and "echo chambers" is general shit staining that doesn't mean much and could be also redirected at you.

I don't recall us even talking much about various hypothesis - please do point out where did I mention that ETH is the only valid theory for the phenomenon? On the other hand, you are:
1) evading direct questions
2) presenting cheap personal conclusions and untrue statements about certain researchers in the field, not to mention seeing ludicrous "agendas"
3) using "read and get more informed" forms first and, when faced with a similar return, hypocritically labeling that as my own device
4) trying incredibly hilarious "strong sexual theme" moves as a point of discrediting research - makes me wonder if I'm talking to a puritan on the other end
5) obsessed with an "anty-Christianity" bias, as if Christianity is the ultimate truth and something not to be criticized or not to be seen for what it is - just one of many sects, but also one that managed to get a lot of followers and become one of the contending major religions

It seems to me that you are really enamored with the whole Judeo-Christian interpretation. I love it how some people get presented with a certain religious narrative at a certain point in life and then proceed on to feel about it as "the shit" for the rest of their life and think that mentioning stuff from "their book" makes up for a valid argument.

Please answer my direct questions, Christian.

<Recycled content alert>

I'm not much of a psychic, and I don't personally know anyone who has channeled Jesus Christ, but I do have an old email address from when we were on some advisory committee about taxes or something, so I sent Him a link to this thread and got a response! And Jesus said: "Jehoshaphat! This shit is fucking Hilarious!"

</>

So where did everybody go? I don't mean that Randall guy. Won't miss him if he actually does leave. This used to be a hopping place, but now it's pretty dead except for the religious kooks and a few brief exchanges between a handful of survivors. Where's Hair Trigger O'Brien? He's fun to watch. Actually knows stuff too. No offense intended, except maybe to the kooks if they are as cracked as they appear, but there used to be lots of well read people discussing interesting things. Serious researchers, even. Was there some kind of virus...

And what the hell is up with Vallee? Teaming up with researchers of dubious repute, to push some yarn that has no apparent connection to reality? Did I wander off into some alternate timeline? How do you all spell Berenstein? Oh shit. I should probably just go back to ignoring the UFO business. But that damned Elizondo. Hard to ignore.

<Recycled content alert>

I'm not much of a psychic, and I don't personally know anyone who has channeled Jesus Christ, but I do have an old email address from when we were on some advisory committee about taxes or something, so I sent Him a link to this thread and got a response! And Jesus said: "Jehoshaphat! This shit is fucking Hilarious!"

</>

So where did everybody go? I don't mean that Randall guy. Won't miss him if he actually does leave. This used to be a hopping place, but now it's pretty dead except for the religious kooks and a few brief exchanges between a handful of survivors. Where's Hair Trigger O'Brien? He's fun to watch. Actually knows stuff too. No offense intended, except maybe to the kooks if they are as cracked as they appear, but there used to be lots of well read people discussing interesting things. Serious researchers, even. Was there some kind of virus...

And what the hell is up with Vallee? Teaming up with researchers of dubious repute, to push some yarn that has no apparent connection to reality? Did I wander off into some alternate timeline? How do you all spell Berenstein? Oh shit. I should probably just go back to ignoring the UFO business. But that damned Elizondo. Hard to ignore.

Well, I disagree on Randall - Randall did bring a lot of enthusiasm to both the Paracast and the forum and I appreciate that.
As for Chris, I wish he dropped by at least from time to time - I really liked his approach and thoughts.
As for the forum - well, who knows. I think a number of forums have died off with the advent of social networks and Reddit. But it is a pity - this place used to have really good discussions.

The kooks is what get me - where the heck are those people coming from? Are those some bots or religious trolls? Don't remember that happening back in the day.

As for Vallee - now, that is really something. I'm still scratching my head over the whole Trinity thing - what happened to the guy? Kevin Randle's critique was definitely on point there...

Well, I disagree on Randall - Randall did bring a lot of enthusiasm to both the Paracast and the forum and I appreciate that.
As for Chris, I wish he dropped by at least from time to time - I really liked his approach and thoughts.
As for the forum - well, who knows. I think a number of forums have died off with the advent of social networks and Reddit. But it is a pity - this place used to have really good discussions.

The kooks is what get me - where the heck are those people coming from? Are those some bots or religious trolls? Don't remember that happening back in the day.

As for Vallee - now, that is really something. I'm still scratching my head over the whole Trinity thing - what happened to the guy? Kevin Randle's critique was definitely on point there...
Forums in general aren't getting the traffic they used to. But it has picked up a tad here, so let's see.

Vallee said he'd be back after his European business is done, perhaps as early as next month. Then we can pursue this further. I am waiting to get a copy of the book to see what's going on, but, yes, I did read Randle's critique and I am concerned.

Vallee said he'd be back after his European business is done, perhaps as early as next month. Then we can pursue this further. I am waiting to get a copy of the book to see what's going on, but, yes, I did read Randle's critique and I am concerned.

Well, I haven't read the book - got other stuff in line, but I listened to a couple of other shows and hear him talk about it and based on what I heard Vallee say I think Randle is completely right. I find it hard to believe Vallee would endorse such a weak witness case with some total red flags in the narrative - like US Army men placing a downed UFO on a truck and then casually leaving for a meal with the thing left completely unguarded?! And then the kids go in and retrieve stuff, wtf?!

I mean, I heard Vallee talk about the story enthusiastically and I'm totally puzzled...

He wrote me after the show and said he wanted people to read the book before deciding.

The book is co-published by Vallee and Harris, not by a third-party publisher.

Back