• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jessie Ventura

Here is (then) Secretary of DefenseWilliam S Cohen discussing the military use of electromagnetic waves at a DoD Briefing.
Presenter: Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen April 28, 1997 8:45 AM EDT

Q: Let me ask you specifically about last week's scare here in Washington, and what we might have learned from how prepared we are to deal with that (inaudible), at B'nai Brith.

A: Well, it points out the nature of the threat. It turned out to be a false threat under the circumstances. But as we've learned in the intelligence community, we had something called -- and we have James Woolsey here to perhaps even address this question about phantom moles. The mere fear that there is a mole within an agency can set off a chain reaction and a hunt for that particular mole which can paralyze the agency for weeks and months and years even, in a search. The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one. There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.
Defense.gov News Transcript: DoD News Briefing: Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen

Jose, which i bet you haven't even bothered to read
Assumption No 1

while it doesn't point to definitive military usage or involvement in HAARP as a weapon
Speculation No 1 + Assumption No 2

Lots of credentialed people who have indicated the potential and dangers of HAARP-like technology being used as a weapon
Speculation No 2

I think that you just feel better in thinking that the US Military are completely honest with every thing they say
Assumption No 3

Be a doe eyed, government/miltary appologist if you like
Assumption No 4

Jose, all contention and speculation aside: in your opinion, does HAARP have the potential to be weaponized?

I'm sure you could stab someone with an antenna array or beat someone to death.

Here is (then) Secretary of DefenseWilliam S Cohen discussing the military use of electromagnetic waves at a DoD Briefing.
Presenter: Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen April 28, 1997 8:45 AM EDT

Defense.gov News Transcript: DoD News Briefing: Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen

Uhhhhhh...okay. So how i that relevant to anything related to HAARP? I mean, great job with a copy and paste but honestly, do you even understand the question when I ask for relevant and credible resources? You say it's a weather modification device and yet you can't actually submit anything of relevance. Seems to be what you're best at.

The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one. There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

The way I read this statement is that he is speaking speculatively. He starts out talking about a 'false scare' and then enumerates several, quoting Alvin Toeffler, the futurist, in the process. I honestly do not know anything about ELF excepting its use in submarine communications, so I'm not trying to insert myself into this argument on one side or another, but I think this particular statement by Secretary Cohen is being taken out of context here. The Secretary is not saying electromagnetic waves have weapons potential. He is suggesting this is an example of a false scare that will paralyze an intelligence agency by forcing them to devote resources to examining it.

Would it POSSIBLE to use HAARP as a weapon if the military desired to?

Taken from the Official HAARP website (FAQ):
HAARP Home Page

Can HAARP be used to generate ELF?

Yes. However, the HAARP facility does not directly transmit signals in the ELF frequency range. Instead, ELF signals are generated in the ionosphere at an altitude of around 100 km. Frequencies ranging from below one Hz to about 20 kHz can be generated through this ionospheric interaction process.

Further interesting info can be gleaned from these sites:
Home
(Eastlund Scientific Enterprises Corporation)

http://www.haarp.net/haarpoverview.htm

Sonic_weaponry

Personally i was not intimating or suggesting that the US Military WAS using the HAARP facility or indeed any HAARP-like facility as a weapon merely that it COULD be used as a weapon and that it is POSSIBLE that they ARE.

I can't prove that the US Military are using the technology as a weapon and nor do i think that they are, especially where the Alaskan HAARP facility is concerned. But whose to say there aren't other similar sites around the world that are. All i'm saying is that it is a POSSIBILTY, albeit unproven. Personally i wouldn't trust anything that my government or military or said entirely. Both institutions are renowned for lying through their collective teeth to suit their own purposes. For me it wouldn't be a "long leap in conclusions" to think that it was POSSIBLE for HAARP or similar to be used as a weapon. Whereas it seems to be a "long leap" for you to allow anyone else to have their own opinion without trying to drown them out with your own puffed up pomposity.

Is there something wrong with the sources i've provided? I speculate that you'll make the assumption that the info and sources i have provided will not meet your desired standards. That's ok you are entitled to your opinion.
What's funny is how long it must have taken you to cherry pick all of the comments from me , pixel and jimbo lol:)

haarp.net is not a valid resource unfortunately. But you're not interested in validity. That's quite apparent considering you open with a question and answer it with information that has absolutely nothing to do with the question at hand.

I suggest if you can't post anything relevant, then don't post at all. You're pushing shit uphill. Speaking of assumptions...I assume you're going to post something relevant soon right? Your irrelevant conspiracy bullshit got old a long time ago. The links you've submitted are either tinfoiler bunk or totally irrelevant with no founding substance in correlation to HAARP. Of course HAARP can generate ELF. Holy shit man. Oh my god...seriously?

Dude please. How EXACTLY is ELF a possible weapon in accordance to the HAARP facility? And please, post a link with an ounce of credibility. Not some half baked tinfoiler bullshit from conspiracy bullshit dot com who aren't selective about the bullshit they buy into.

I swear...Jessie Ventura makes more sense than you....and he makes no sense.

This is beginning to sound like an argument for argument's sake. I wouldn't go ahead and affirm that HAARP is being used malevolently (and I don't think anyone here is asserting that either) but I also wouldn't consider the possibility a conspiracy. I think we can all agree that governments have a propensity to weaponize technology, so why completely rule it out?

So we can't just say that Jesse Ventura's existence is a conspiracy theory? :D

Note I corrected the spelling in my response, and, by the way, his real name is: James George Janos .

I didn't realize Jose had an eye for fashion... not that there is anything wrong with that... ;-)

. This is beginning to sound like an argument for argument's sake.I wouldn't go ahead and affirm that HAARP is being used malevolently (and I don't think anyone here is asserting that either) but I also wouldn't consider the possibility a conspiracy.

No and i wasn't either!!! I agree with you entirely.
But unfortunately Jose seems to think that there is no potential for HAARP to be used as a weapon by the military or otherwise. (Apparently, according to him it can't be done, it's impossible to do!) You can't tell him that because he has his debunker's cap pulled firmly down around his ears. Because he doesn't believe it is possible, then, it IS not possible.
And really who cares anyway. His ranting and raving are just another indication of his dis-belief in 98.75% of the topics discussed on these forums and his modus operandi is to just attack anything that he personally doesn't believe in just like a good debunker would.

I think we can all agree that governments have a propensity to weaponize technology, so why completely rule it out?

All except Jose. He has already ruled that out. In his mind the Government or military or both is not, can not and will not and at no time will ever use HAARP or such as a weapon or anything other than for the purpose that the official line has dictated.

. This is beginning to sound like an argument for argument's sake.

Anyway jimbo, there is info out there regarding HAARP and it's potential and anyone can find it if they look and i leave this subject with that in mind as the circular argument that has occurred is probably irreconcilable.

Actually, no, Phil. If you even bothered to read what I wrote I said virtually all technology has military interest. I have also never said there is no potential of HAARP being a weapon. I simply asked for you and pixelsmith to produce an ounce of credible information that supported your claims. To which you both failed to do.

Enjoy.

Back