• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jerome Clark Presents Third Edition of "Unexplained!"

ALL the sightings of aliens , suggest a humanoid appearance.Don't you think this must mean that they have SOME origin or connection with the earth ?
(sorry for my English , i live in Belgium)

Magic wishes time: Of all the mysteries you've investigated, explored, debunked etc., which one would you be willing to sacrifice all others for in order to find out the complete truth of it's existence or non-existence? For example, you would never know the true history, nature, purpose goal of UFOs, but would receive all complete information about Bigfoot, proof of it's existence or non-existence based on science and physical evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt?

1) I've read that you have done quite a bit of research into strange creatures and cryptozoology. Is there any possibility that these reports might have been just misinterpretations/exaggerations of encounters with normal wildlife? What would be your strongest cases speaking against this sceptical explanation?

2) In the book „Hunt for the Skinwalker“ (which I still try to wrap my mind around), giant bulletproof wolves are described. Did you speak with any of the people involved? Were these „animals“ also seen by the scientists? (maybe Chris can speak to that, too). Why are the scientists still (mostly) not talking openly about what they experienced?

3) Judging from the number of Bigfoot type reports, those must have been sighted by scientists, too. Are there official Bigfoot sighting reports of scientists? Has there ever been at least an inofficial effort by scientists to look into this (like the Orang Pendek expedition in Sumatra etc.) Btw., sorry, if I'm asking stupid questions, I'm new to these fields and not American.

4) Other reported anomalies with the Skinwalker Ranch case were reminiscent of Poltergeist or haunting phenomena. Did you ever investigate a case where Poltergeist-like events allegedly happened? Did you experience or see something like that yourself, perhaps while you were investigating a UFO or cryptid case?

5) Balls of light make up a big part of UFO sightings. Sceptics say they might be natural phenomena such as earthquake lights or ball lightning (Dr Persinger seems to think that electromagnetic fields accompanying these phenomena might even be the cause of "induced delusions" like seeing little greys or structured craft). Again, what would be your strongest cases against these explanations?

6) Have you ever thought about the possibility that at least some UFO or creature sightings may be caused by what's called spirits or ghosts in mythology, i.e. discarnate consciousness or non-corporeal entities?

7) In that last question, I intentionally avoided the term „demons“ because of the more than negative connotations christian mythology has given it. Sometimes I have the impression, every hedge ghosthunter and hobby paranormalist wants to chalk UFOs, hauntings etc. up to demonic entities. Why are these all-purpose bad guys still so „popular“ today? (Personally, I like tricksters better).

8) If you had to prove the existence of UFOs in a court of law, which cases would you present? Dito with cryptids? I guess that question has been asked in past episodes, but has there been any new case in the meantime that you would include there?

@Gene: I got carried away again... sorry. ...man, I swear I only wanted to keep them short and less numerous. Hopefully one or two even make it...

2) In the book „Hunt for the Skinwalker“ (which I still try to wrap my mind around), giant bulletproof wolves are described. Did you speak with any of the people involved? Were these „animals“ also seen by the scientists? (maybe Chris can speak to that, too). Why are the scientists still (mostly) not talking openly about what they experienced?
I second that... where's all the data collected? Great book, short on details, and where's the data?

I second that... where's all the data collected? Great book, short on details, and where's the data?

To qualify my question: I just asked for Mr. Clark's opinion. He has nothing to do with the book. Proboably he doesn't know much more about the Skinwalker Ranch than we do. And I'm not attacking anyone or saying that these scientists didn't see anything. There seems to be some restriction in their contract with Mr Bigelow as to what they can disclose. But Colm Kelleher has come out with a bit of information, so why are others not talking? Besides, it does seem that the phenomena actively avoid being recorded.

I just want to hear Mr Clark's opinon on that because I think his opinion is more informed than mine.

Question for Jerry:

Do you think people like Phil Klass could have been government/military sponsored official disinformation agents?
I ask because for supposedly being an intelligent man, some of Klass' explanations for UFO sightings bordered on the ludicrous. I can only surmise that often Klass was expected to use any method at his disposal to debunk certain cases. He did not always uses good science and he would have been aware that other scientists would look down on some of his words as not being worthy of the qualifications he held.

Gordon

Does ridicule, or the fear of ridicule, play a role in how a witness reports an experience, and how a researcher documents the event? In other words, do witnesses ever censor themselves in order to not sound crazy, or in order to conform to an interviewer's expectations? And do writers ever cherry pick data in order to build a case for an argument, while ignoring other High Weirdness elements?

Are there elements in the field of paranormal study that many researchers are uncomfortable discussing?

It might be too late, but I'll try anyway....

Q: What are your top three favorite paranormal occurances that you find most interesting and puzzling?

Love your books BTW!

Back