• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jeffrey Meldrum Finally on The Paracast!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Jeff Meldrum.png

I'm pleased to announce that my invitation to Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum has finally been accepted! He has a really busy schedule, but we finally managed to get him to make room in his schedule to be on the show. He'll be our next guest on The Paracast.

I'm sure most of you have heard of Meldrum. He is one of only a handful of fully credentialed scientists to publicly conduct Bigfoot/hairy hominid investigation and research. He is a courageous trailblazer and is one of the world's foremost experts on the subject.

Jeffrey received his B.S. in zoology specializing in vertebrate locomotion at Brigham Young University (BYU) in 1982, his M.S. at BYU in 1984 and a Ph.D. in anatomical sciences, with an emphasis in biological anthropology, from Stony Brook University in 1989 (then referred to as State University of New York at Stony Brook). He held the position of postdoctoral visiting assistant professor at Duke University Medical Center from 1989 to 1991. Meldrum worked at Northwestern University's Department of Cell, Molecular and Structural Biology for a short while in 1993 before joining the faculty of Idaho State University where he currently teaches.

Meldrum has published numerous academic papers ranging from vertebrate evolutionary morphology, the emergence of bipedal locomotion in modern humans and Sasquatch (Bigfoot) and is a co-editor of a series of books on paleontology. Meldrum also coedited From Biped to Strider: The Emergence of Modern Human Walking with Charles E. Hilton. He edited the textbook From Biped to Strider (Springer, 2004)

Meldrum has attracted media attention due to his interest in Bigfoot. Skeptic Brian Dunning writes that "The work of responsible scientists like Dr. Meldrum is exactly what true skeptics should be asking the Bigfoot community for, not criticizing him for it."

This is the QUESTION only thread, so please post your QUESTIONS here. We will be taping tomorrow, Wednesday at 4 PM MT

Question 1: If these creatures are indigenous, why has no substantial and independently verifiable physical evidence such as remains, dens, droppings, etc. ever been found?
Question 2: Do you believe the Patterson-Gimlin film isn't a hoax?

Question 3: Is there a significant connection between Sasquatch and people who go missing in the wild?
Question 4: Is there any connection between Sasquatch and strange cattle or game animal mutilations?

Last edited:
Dr. Meldrum,

Is there any advice you'd like to give to serious (skeptical) scientists, interested in UFO phenomena, regarding the establishment of research programs at the university level? I'm interested in seeing the "Invisible College" move to the Ivory Tower, as I'm sure are many others.

Dr. Meldrum,

Have you experienced an encounter during your investigations or any type of para normal experience while investigating?

Some witnesses have experienced paranormal happenings or sensations when encountering Bigfoot. Do you have any theories why some witnesses have felt a presence (abnormal feelings of fear or dread) before a visual, odor or hearing a suspect Sasquatch?

Thank you

Last edited:
As with UFO sightings,I believe that it is ludicrous to think all sasquatch sightings are either fabricated or misidentification.Do you believe that government agencies are fully aware of the creatures existence,and if so what is your favourite theory for the cover up.
Thanks in advance.Ron

I think I might be a bit late, but if not please ask DR Meldrum:

What do Bigfoot eat?

Do they use tools?

Do the have fire?

Thank you.

In Dr Meldrum's opinion are Yeti, Almasti and Bigfoot (Sasquatch) related to each other? as in: are they the same "Family"?

Where on the Human evolutionary "Tree of life" would he put Bigfoot?

In theory would it be possible to collect DNA samples from a fresh Bigfoot "footprint"? (Maybe skin cells, perspiration or hair?)

What is DR Meldrum's favourite plaster cast of a Bigfoot print?

Does he leave any room for Bigfoot being more of a "paranormal" animal as opposed to a primate?

Finally please thank him on my behalf, because I have had many hours of enjoyment from thinking about and discussing Bigfoot.

Best wishes

What hard evidence do you have for bigfoot?
Hair?
Stool?
How badly has hoaxers like rick dyer harmed serios bigfoot research?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

We're doing this interview from 4 PM until 6 PM Arizona time on December 15. So you're in time.

Dr. M, why would you expect to 'catch' an interdimensional being?

Are you aware that Sasquatch is the evolutionary equivalent of what Homo Sapien would have become prior to the Anunnaki gene pool modifications?

Back