• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

JC Johnson Has Died!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Sorry to report that longtime Paracast favorite, JC Johnson has apparently died due to complications from "double pneumonia." according to Johnson's daughter Laura Hugo on her Facebook page. Johnson had lived near her since he moved to MN from AZ about three or so years ago.

Laura Hugo
TODAY 6 hrs · Prairie Rose, ND ·
"Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. My dad put up one hell of a fight. Around 12:40 today he passed away. I am in shock and am utterly heartbroken. He is a massive part of my being and I’m so proud to be his daughter. I will have more details about what’s next for those who knew him in the near future. He is at peace and this earth will never be the same without Jc Johnson walking through it’s deserts and swamps or kayaking it’s rivers. I love you, dad."

Evidently, last week she mentioned her father's condition and made a plea for help. Unfortunately, I was never forwarded this information.

Laura Hugo is with Jc Johnson.
January 22 at 2:33pm ·
"My dad is struggling with a nasty case of pneumonia that’s lasted over 4 weeks. He’s down 30 lbs and is never one to reach out. He needs to get checked out and treated. If you have a spare $5 or $10 that would be greatly appreciated."

27459178_1468876999905950_5506235364814805623_n.jpg

Condolences and best wishes.
I always enjoyed listening to him tell the stories he had collected and preserved.

Thanks for posting this Chris...

I for one will miss J.C. and I think the world is a lot less interesting and colorful without him.

Sorry to hear that Chris. He was one of my favorite guests and I enjoyed him on all the other shows he appeared on as well. He will be missed.

Back