• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jan Harzan, MUFON Exec... Pedophile?

ChrisJohnsen

Paranormal Adept
John EL Tenney just posted this info to Twitter. Is this MUFON Executive Director Jan Harzan?

Here is the actual confirmation data of the arrest retrieved online from the Huntington Beach Police “Adult Arrest Report” section of their website.

2020006701 7/3/2020 1410
HARZAN JAN CURTIS W M 65 NEWPORT BEACH
COMMUNICATE W/MINOR W/INTENT TO ENGAGE IN LEWD ACT ARRANGE MEETING TO ENGAGE IN LEWD ACT W/MINOR PUBLIC

Here are the photos Tenney posted to Twitter taken from what looks like the Huntington Beach Police Facebook page. I believe that’s Harzan on the left in the photo?

He solicited a 13yo girl for sex online and got arrested when trying to meet up. It doesn’t get more depraved than that, preying on minor children. Turns out it was an undercover sting operation. D’OH!

Looks like John Ventre isn’t their biggest problem anymore. Say hi to Stan Romanek in prison, Jan.*

66a058db2751a0125ae1732d742ff4e2.jpg

8c1265760425de7e6c75b58918635e82.jpg

*Individuals are assumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MUFON will not recover from this. It is effectually the beginning of the end for this Ufological dinosaur. I say goodbye and good riddance. They’ve added exactly ZERO to the understanding or explanation of the phenomena generally referred to as “Ufology.”

Perhaps some of the more serious-minded directors and team members will re-form into a new organization better suited to collecting and sharing ufo data.

I'm not defending pedophilia here, but a detective posing as a thirteen year old? Let's just think about that little detail for a moment. I can't imagine how any police detective could pass for a thirteen year old girl, let alone one who looks like she'd be open to solicitation. I wonder if these charges will stick? Even if they don't, I suppose the damage is done. Would anyone else even want the job of MUFON Director after this? Innocent or guilty, it's a tar baby.

On a related story. Epstein's accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell arrested.
After watching the documentary, I was wondering why she hadn't been brought in and charged alongside Epstein
Epstein looks creepy. But Maxwell I'd never have guessed just by looking at her.

There's also considerable concern that she'll never live to testify against a number
of very powerful people involved in the sex blackmail scheme.​

Last edited:
I'm not defending pedophilia here, but...

Extremely problematic and unacceptable way to start a sentence Randall. There is no “but” when it comes to the sexual exploitation of children. Online stings like the one that exposed Jan Harzan are a common tool of law enforcement. These predators and pedophiles often lurk in “private” online forums and message boards, similar to The Paracast Forum but for sexual deviants, not UFO deviants.

They’re not video chatting or swapping response videos on Tik Tok. Do I know what you look like? Do I know how old you are? No, because this is an online forum. That’s where the predators thrive.

Regarding the charges and what evidence they may have, I’m quite sure, as in other cases of this type, there are extensive direct messages and forum posts back and forth between Harzan and the detective posing as the 13yo minor that explicitly outline his grooming and intentions to meet for sex. Plus, there’s the coup de grace that he was arrested in the act of trying to meet up with said minor in person for the specific purpose of sexual intercourse. That should ultimately be clear cut enough for a conviction.

I'm not defending pedophilia here, but a detective posing as a thirteen year old? Let's just think about that little detail for a moment. I can't imagine how any police detective could pass for a thirteen year old girl, let alone one who looks like she'd be open to solicitation. I wonder if these charges will stick? Even if they don't, I suppose the damage is done. Would anyone else even want the job of MUFON Director after this? Innocent or guilty, it's a tar baby.

On a related story. Epstein's accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell arrested.
After watching the documentary, I was wondering why she hadn't been brought in and charged alongside Epstein
Epstein looks creepy. But Maxwell I'd never have guessed just by looking at her.

There's also considerable concern that she'll never live to testify against a number
of very powerful people involved in the sex blackmail scheme.​

Yes the charges will stick. The police do this all the time. I saw it happen to a coworker in Chicago 20 years ago. The impersonation of the minor is done online, not in person.

I have to agree. This is damning in every respect!

Regardless of what fate he would face, Harzan should be announcing his resignation ASAP if he has any respect to the organization and what it's trying to do.

As I look at the site while writing this post, all I see is existing material with nothing on the front page to reflect that any of this has occurred, at least so far.

Yes the charges will stick. The police do this all the time. I saw it happen to a coworker in Chicago 20 years ago. The impersonation of the minor is done online, not in person.
Okay, thanks for the clarification there. I was under the impression they had actually met someplace.

MUFON's Facebook page:

Statement from the MUFON Board of Directors​
In light of recent events, Jan Harzan has been permanently removed as the Executive Director of the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON).​
Effective immediately, he will no longer serve any role in the organization.​
David MacDonald, Executive Director Emeritus and a member of the MUFON Board of Directors, will now assume the duties of Executive Director. MUFON remains committed to its core mission: the study of UFOs for the benefit of humanity. This mission is greater than any one person or member of MUFON and supersedes all other considerations. We will continue to move forward and focus on our mission statement.​

So, perhaps have David MacDonald on as a Paracast guest?

I have to agree. This is damning in every respect!

Regardless of what fate he would face, Harzan should be announcing his resignation ASAP if he has any respect to the organization and what it's trying to do.

As I look at the site while writing this post, all I see is existing material with nothing on the front page to reflect that any of this has occurred, at least so far.
Here is the Bottom line. MUFON was never about ufology and sharing information it is now and always was about money and personal power.

So, perhaps have David MacDonald on as a Paracast guest?

What would be the point for Gene and Randall to talk to this new Exec Dir and what benefit would there be for Paracast listeners? MUFON has been a useless organization for decades, arguably its entire existence. When you give its operation a critical look and try to glean a single example of where they have developed or provided any research or information that has helped advanced the understanding or explanation of ufo phenomena you come up with nothing.

What you DO come up with when taking a close look is questionable business practices (The Carpenter Affair, the brief business relationship with Bigelow), a disturbing culture of racism, anti-semitism, and fringe far-right beliefs from some of its State Directors and executive board members, and a credibility-destroying TV series (Hangar 1).

MUFON is a relic of the past. It’s long past time they pack up their tent and go home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are enough good researchers who would share their information,the only people who need MUFON are those who belong to it and wear it like some badge of honour.

Here is the Bottom line. MUFON was never about ufology and sharing information it is now and always was about money and personal power.

While I'm not sure that's true, and I do think that most of it's members are just trying to get to the bottom of things... I've never seen a single insightful, innovative, or even novel piece of data ever come out of MUFON.

Sounds like it's time for a reboot.

Do you all think there's a higher than average amount of pedophiles in paranormal research? Or, do you think it's just average for any field of research? We know about the higher profile guys who've been charged, but then you hear about researchers, or "researchers," who were never charged, from people that interacted with them. John Hunt Williamson, Raymond Bernard, Billy Meier, Wendelle Stevens... Probably many more in Ufology. And if you want to cast the net even wider, almost certainly Preston Nicols and various other people connected to Montauk. A lot of the people connected to mind control "research." Don't know about cryptozoology or ghost-hunters. What do you all think?

Not sure if MUFON can provide information that cannot be acquired elsewhere. Perhaps in those heady days of the 60's and 70's
of newsletters and fanzines they were relevant. But in today's fast paced internet age can they still be considered a viable source?

Was wondering is the data and research they collect open source?

Back