• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

James Gilliland Anyone?

jpw.in.wi

Still Seeking Samantha
Sorry about the reference to a program on FOX News, but I saw a video clip from the Sean Hannity show titled "Alien Invasion" that featured a guy named James Gilliland. The guy has a website named eceti.org

Gilliland claims to have had nightly sightings over his property of orbs, lights, and "ships" of all shapes, sizes and colors. He definitely seems to be a lot about "woo-woo," but he invited the Hannity film crew to camp out on his property, and they shot a light that certainly left a lot to be desired for me (looked like a satellite), but Hannity did not dismiss the whole topic out of hand or make fun of it, which was refreshing.

Is Gilliland familiar to anyone? Maybe a possible hold-your-nose future guest?

james%20gilliland%20MtAdams.jpg

Oh youre in for a fun 10mins.

Do some research on the guy. Try ATS. He is a complete nutter as far as I can tell. Claims to see all sorts of wacky shit over his ranch.

Maybe Im being an asshole and he actually does see stuff. But the burden of proof is on him and AFAIK nothing substantial has ever emerged from that ranch other than lights in the sky video.

While I think he would make a fine guest, I guess some listeners would find him too much 'contactee-like'. That doesn't mean that there are strange things happening around Mt. Adams and Gilliland has the footage and eyewitnesses to prove it. The guys from the ATS Forum even did a field investigation (Robbie Williams was also present) and recorded some anomolies. I had some email correspondence with James years ago and he seemed like a fine bloke to me. His case could make an interesting episode on the Paracast if you ask me.

Oh youre in for a fun 10mins.

Do some research on the guy. Try ATS. He is a complete nutter as far as I can tell. Claims to see all sorts of wacky shit over his ranch.

Maybe Im being an asshole and he actually does see stuff. But the burden of proof is on him and AFAIK nothing substantial has ever emerged from that ranch other than lights in the sky video.
Some fine deductive work Gareth.
ECETI Testimonials

AboveTopSecret.com And Robbie Williams Investigate UFOs at Gilliland Ranch, page 1

TerraX I followed that thread on ATS last year waiting for some compelling material, but it never showed. They had a lot of footage to wade through and edit, so naturally it was a slow process.

The only thing they really came up with was some lights in the sky stuff.

TerraX I followed that thread on ATS last year waiting for some compelling material, but it never showed. They had a lot of footage to wade through and edit, so naturally it was a slow process.The only thing they really came up with was some lights in the sky stuff.
I followed the thread on ATS as well. (Actually there was more then one.) If I recall correctly the ATS team captured 3 anomalies. One was a (powerfull) light on the mountain itself at night, the second was a daytime recording involving an undefined object that moved very fast (from the background to the foreground), and lastly they recorded an unusual (mechanical?) sound.
While these things aren't conclusive, it could very well point to something unusual going around Mt. Adams and warrents further investigation. Some of the statements that you made like claiming Gilliland is a nutter, is totally uncalled for. That's throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Too many people have witnessed something on Gilliland's property and he freely invites people to come over and see for themselves. And people did, read/watch the testimonials.

Of course James Gilliland has a spiritual message as well and that might upset some people who are from another religious denomination. He also claims to have had a near death experience. If you're really objective this could be another angle to explore. One of the ATS guys who did the investigation, Johnny Anonymous, hunched that the events around James' property were "poltergeist related". Seems to me that there are plenty of paranormal areas to explore.

The very small amount of time I paid to the ATS "investigation" of the happenings on the ranch, it was either Johnny Dangerously or Davey "Conejo Loco" who breathlessly proclaimed that the one bright light they saw had to be "at least 3 million candlepower", and that there would be NO WAY you could have that powerful a lamp out in the bush, away from a power source.

You know, like this B&D 20 million, battery-powered candlepower lamp, which costs a bank-breaking $100:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EJQIM6/?tag=rockoids-20

dB

TerraX I followed that thread on ATS last year waiting for some compelling material, but it never showed. They had a lot of footage to wade through and edit, so naturally it was a slow process.

The only thing they really came up with was some lights in the sky stuff.

Your Right Gareth, never once saw something interesting other than lights.

Some fine deductive work Gareth.
ECETI Testimonials

A few lights on a black screen immediately called "ships", yikes!. And the testimonials don't really count in my book as they're surely hand picked by Gilliland for posting.
That being said, I would really love for this to be true. Majestic mountains, forests and UFOs in the sky...what could be more beautiful??
But until he comes up with better evidence than lights in the sky and dots against the clouds I don't think Gilliland really merits much attention.

Gilliland would be a good choice for a guest. There have been some credible people who have experienced things out at his ranch like Dave Schrader of Darkness Radio. It does seem that it is a "window" area similar to Marley Woods, The Skinwalker Ranch, & Point Pleasant, to name a few.

---- Steve.

A few lights on a black screen immediately called "ships", yikes!. And the testimonials don't really count in my book as they're surely hand picked by Gilliland for posting. That being said, I would really love for this to be true. Majestic mountains, forests and UFOs in the sky...what could be more beautiful?? But until he comes up with better evidence than lights in the sky and dots against the clouds I don't think Gilliland really merits much attention.
Well, there you go. Some people might call a place with hundreds of sightings a UFO hotspot, others might say it doesn't merit much attention. That's the beauty of Ufology. You can always pull one out your ass.

There are definitely some interesting things that happen around his "ranch" but the guy is a bit nutty. He is often making predictions in contactee fashion that don't happen.

I believe he doesn't purposefully make stuff up, simply because there are way too many witnesses to some large scale events that have happened there, but the fact that the beings he has been in contact with make things up should tell him something. It would be interesting if we could find out exactly all his predictions and then if Paracast could confront him on it.

Please no, not this guy...its this dorothy izzat thing over again. They claim to have tons of video material, but yet you still only get to see shady re-run vids that have been on youtube forever. You'll also notice that one of the "power up" videos in the Gilliland documentary (contact has begun) is the same as is used in the izzat documentary...but most people saw it years ago via youtube etc. If these people have so much material, howcome they feed us of with this? There is also a ridiculous part of the gilliland docu that focuses heavily on ORB pictures (not video for some reason)...davids favourite subject :D

But what really got to me is just his whole contactee know-it-all personality...talking bout how kids fry marshmellows for the spacemen being awww so cute...and how the ships power up and dwell inside a mountain close to the ranch....ffs...just makes me wanna puke

I found the marshmellow clip....see if you can stomach it

Doesn't bother me that much. Watching Fox News, politicians, bankers and other corporate assholes who start wars for profit, turns my stomach much more.

I found the marshmellow clip....see if you can stomach it

Wow, I think he should be the new poster child for "space brothers". The Paracast would obliterate such childlike thinking. He should never be on this show, even if it turns out there really are strange objects above the ranch.

The host of that program used to have a show on PBS called "Regina's Vegetarian Kitchen" I think. Now she and her husband have that website. She also interviewed David Icke. She's out there with Noory, maybe even past him now.

That's the beauty of Ufology. You can always pull one out your ass.

Exactly, and it seems that the folks who have the "Sightings" of "ships" are doing exactly that.

I have mixed feelings about Gilliland. On one hand he is trying to inform and share information about the higher consciousness beings, talking about their technology, their spiritualism, and about how our energies connect (or don't) with them, Etc, etc. All stuff we have heard for decades stemming from the contactee movements. Not a bad message I suppose, but a little (well, a lot) woo-woo.He definitely has his slant on what may or may not be happening on his ranch.

He also talks about how we can "call them" and have them appear before us. Now this I do have problems with, but I have heard several times from supposedly credible people who have had strange contacts that sometimes you can actually do just this. I remember Ritzmann talking about how things would appear when his mind was in a particular state. He is just one example of this if we look to him for any reliable honest opinions. I have heard this theme of "calling them" through several related stories. Does this really happen?? I have no idea, but it seems to me that perhaps there is a connection between state of mind and the appearance of such anomalies. So, as woo-woo as it is, perhaps there is something of value. And perhaps there is not. I'm not taking any position, just positing this idea.

Now, so far gilliland seems too woo-woo fairy-tale-ish to be of any genuine concern to anyone regarding the seriousness of real ufo's. But a few things that may be of value. One is that he openly invites you, or anyone else, to his ranch to discover what ever it is you discover. I have no doubt that many different types of people have visited his ranch. He doesn't have anything to hide as far as I can tell. So if you are interested at all, then go visit. This isn't like the unable to locate Skinwalker ranch or the unnattainable off limits Izzat. He lives there and you can go and camp out on his land.

Another interesting note is that the Mt Adams area has a long history of strange phenomena. On the opposite side of the mountain from Gilliland is an Indian reservation with many historic accounts of such phenomena. Hynek investigated this area. To me, it does seem to be similar to areas such as Marley woods, Hessdalen, and perhaps Skinwalker. Perhaps Ted Phillips would be able to offer some additional info on the area.

The last reason to consider Glilliland is that many people walk away not completely knowing what they saw. As somebody earlier noted that Dave from Darkenss Radio had a very unusual and strange encounter during his visit. He seems to have no reason to lie about such an event and he did seem confounded by his experience which he related in a show some time ago. Many others have experienced similar events. So is Gilliland hoaxing them all?? I suppose it's possible, but I don't know what kind of motivation he might have for such a thing. He's not making money off this as far as I can tell.

Some of the sightings are undoubtedly iridium flares or other mundane stuff. But some of it is a bit more complex and puzzling. I don' t think he would be a good guest though because I think he would get ripped on the show for numerous reasons. But a visit to the ranch might prove interesting. Like I said, I have mixed feelings about him and the ranch right now. Maybe I'll just have to go and see for myself.

I agree that it seems like something is going on at his ranch, but as long as its just lights in the sky its really hard to take it a step further. Who's to say this isn't just another Bennewitz-type case? I dont think that Gilliland himself is behind any hoaxing, he seems so into the whole "spiritual" (cultish) type thinking that it simply just feeds into his fantasy world of how he wants things to be. He doesnt seem a too well balanced individual at all, although he clearly thinks he is on the right track

I dont know, i couldnt see what him on the paracast could amount to...i dont think it would benefit for any of the parts.

Back