• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

James Carrion episode (November 22, 2009)

Artyom

Paranormal Maven
It was great to hear another person who does actual research and gather raw data to digg up some answers on these incredibly hard questions. I don't know about other guys in MUFON but James sounded like the guy, which I would associate with Ted Phillips in terms of his approach to the phenomena.

Listening James thought about government involvement in the field and their influence I thought we can say the same about organized religion, which has been having the similar role but for much longer period of time and I think with even bigger results.

One thing I felt wasn't good about this episode that because of the amount of noise, which we can discuss far more then 2 hours, Gene and David couldn't touch upon the signal. I would love to hear more about the cases, which MUFON investigated and which perhaps weren't covered by media.

Great interview guys! Mr. Carrion really sounds like a reasonable dude. Loved his insight into Stan Romanek when he dialed *69. Glad he Fallowed up on that. :p

Really enjoyed this one - it's heartening to know that there's someone rational in charge of MUFON. I just wish the James Carrions of ufology outnumbered the Stan Romaneks.

BTW, James Carrion has a blog:

Follow The Magic Thread

It was great to hear another person who does actual research and gather raw data to digg up some answers on these incredibly hard questions. I don't know about other guys in MUFON but James sounded like the guy, which I would associate with Ted Phillips in terms of his approach to the phenomena.

Listening James thought about government involvement in the field and their influence I thought we can say the same about organized religion, which has been having the similar role but for much longer period of time and I think with even bigger results.

One thing I felt wasn't good about this episode that because of the amount of noise, which we can discuss far more then 2 hours, Gene and David couldn't touch upon the signal. I would love to hear more about the cases, which MUFON investigated and which perhaps weren't covered by media.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, an otherwise fantastic show.

The "noise" discussion was the dominant one but it has been left to those in the field to apologize for the bullshit that prevails and so Gene and David spend a good deal of time doing what I have to do just having a one on one with someone;

spend a boatload of time dismantling the mis/disinformation before any valuable data can be heard and perhaps accepted as a reasonable avenue of inquiry. By that point I am tired and need a fucking nap.

James requires a comeback and real soon to flesh out some of the other cases that MUFON has that make the hair on my neck stand up and remind me of why I even give a shit anymore.

Thanks Guys.

Great episode! One of my favorite people. Easily could have been a 3 to 4 hour show and would have flown by like it was an hour long. This field needs more people like James! Again great show and keep up the great work Gene and Dave.

A

Carrion was an interesting guest. Like did Roswell happen was it a UFO crash? If not and this was something else entirely. What do we know for sure. I am beginning to think we might know less than we care to believe.I am still open to the possibility we, i mean someone inside America has non human technology or better information.

I watched the documentary' i know what i saw for the second time last night. I was watching a part where Former President Carter spoke. He was asked about the UFO question. What he said i found interesting. "There is lot of different answers and nobody knows and nobody has proof of things"

I think that is an interesting statement if you break it down and bare with me, i could be reading into it too much::)
1) being a president he asked and that statement is conclusive for me that he did ask.

( 2 There is many different answers given... That either means, he was told different things by different people or it could it just mean they have no idea.

3)Nobody has proof of things... that could mean he was told they had nothing, or they had no proof the phenomenon was real, they have nothing us humans no technology. Reports are one thing, you could not report something to the world unless you had solid evidence.

And when the Belgium General was speaking about his sightings over his country. One statement was interesting. Someone from America asked what do you think this phenomenon is. Someone wanted to find out what they thought!!.

I have an opinion either This was a non human craft or human created craft. I could be completely wrong about it having an human origin.

I think we might have disinformation going on to certain cases. If you have classified craft, the best think is to allow people to say Et craft. Who will take their word for it in the media when someone claims what they saw was an Alien spacecraft. When do most people witness craft, in the dark of night mostly and that has to be looked at seriously. Sightings in the daylight are more interesting for me because it harder to hide in daylight and mask what you look like.

I thought this was an excellent episode. I really enjoyed Mr. Carrion and think his backgound in military intelligence gives him an edge in being to seperate the signal from noise (that is ironic he used that term :D ).

Besides the UFO topics that were talked about I thought it was interesting him bringing up HAARP as well because I find that topic to be very interesting.

Great show!

I gotta tell you, I was NOT looking forward to listening to this episode. I just wasn't. I'm not thrilled with some of the nutjobs that MUFON has in it's cadre. When I say "nutjobs" I'm being pretty kind.

However, I was pleasantly surprised to hear an intelligent, well spoken man with a sense of reason and rationality. Well done Mr. Carrion. You have reaffirmed my faith in your organization, and given me some hope for the future of serious research.

Back