• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jacques Vallee

conor

Skilled Investigator
Two things.

Does anyone have any info on the case he investigated in france of a farmer simply known as Mr. X. He had an abduction experience and was left with a triangular burn mark on his abdomin. His son had the same thing. I remember that this man, who was not religious and, as a doctor, had a scientific outlook, became very spiritual after his experiences. Does anyone have more info? I read it when I was young and cannot find the book any more.

Second, to Gene and David, any chance of having him back on?? Pretttty pleeeaase?

Two things.

Does anyone have any info on the case he investigated in france of a farmer simply known as Mr. X. He had an abduction experience and was left with a triangular burn mark on his abdomin. His son had the same thing. I remember that this man, who was not religious and, as a doctor, had a scientific outlook, became very spiritual after his experiences. Does anyone have more info? I read it when I was young and cannot find the book any more.

Second, to Gene and David, any chance of having him back on?? Pretttty pleeeaase?

The Dr. X case is in Vallee's book, Dimensions. The full text is available online here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/4452389/Dimensions-A-Casebook-of-Alien-Contact

The relevant section starts on p.92.

I too would welcome another Vallee visitation. I'll be honest though I thought on the last occassion the focus was too much on the field of ufology rather than the subject of ufos. That's what I would really like to hear about from Mr Vallee.

Jacques Vallee has indeed been invited back, and in a private email exchange, he told me he's simply pulled back from being interviewed regarding these topics. Given the way this show has gone recently, and my own feelings about these topics, I can't say I blame Vallee. He's obviously a very, very smart man for turning his back on this stuff.

dB

The degeneration of the topic in general is sickening. That's why I listen to you guys and literally nobody else. In my opinion Vallee did the best research anyone has ever done on the subject. If he wishes to leave alone a subject which is a magnate for cranks and crazies, well then so be it. But it is a pity that he couldn't have another round with you guys, if not only to talk about how distorted the subject has become. I'd love if he could talk about some cases and his own theories/conclusions. The paracast is the last refuge of sanity in this cesspool. If he could do one show, it should be the paracast (again).

To quote the man himself:

"If you wanted to bypass the intelligentsia and the church, remain undetectable to the military system, leave undisturbed the political and administrative levels of a society, and at the same time implant deep within that society far-reaching doubts concerning its basic philosophical tenets, this is exactly how you would have to act. At the same time, of course, such a process would have to provide its own explanation to make ultimate detection impossible. In other words, it would have to project an image just beyond the belief structure of a target society. It would have to disturb and reassure at the same time, exploiting both the gullibility of the zealots and the narrow-mindedness of the debunkers. This is exactly what the UFO phenomenon does."
<o>:p</o>:p
The UFO phenonemon is perhaps, in his own theorizing, designed to confound and subvert and divide - sounds like partisan politics! Anyway, I know it would be hard to get him on, but it would be class if he would.:p>

I couldn't agree with you more about Vallee.

I think Passport to Magonia is the most important book written on UFOs.

For insight into his views on the ufo community take a look at his recent novel, Stratagem. UFO experts desend on a small town after an apparent ufo sighting. And they act just like, well, ufo experts. It's clearly a criticism of the state of ufology. To top it off, they're all wrong.

While I understand his disillusionment with the field, I think it's a shame that he maintains such a low profile. He has so much add to the discussion.

Bluecat

I listened the broadcast, and he was excellent. I never would expected an intelligent ufology and very diplomatic. The hypothesis of the interdimensional beings is growing, don't you think.

"If you wanted to bypass the intelligentsia and the church, remain undetectable to the military system, leave undisturbed the political and administrative levels of a society, and at the same time implant deep within that society far-reaching doubts concerning its basic philosophical tenets, this is exactly how you would have to act. At the same time, of course, such a process would have to provide its own explanation to make ultimate detection impossible. In other words, it would have to project an image just beyond the belief structure of a target society. It would have to disturb and reassure at the same time, exploiting both the gullibility of the zealots and the narrow-mindedness of the debunkers. This is exactly what the UFO [trickster] phenomenon does."
<o>:p</o>:p
The UFO phenonemon is perhaps, in his own theorizing, designed to confound and subvert and divide...

They shape-shift & quack like impatient Tricksters to me. :)

Back