• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

its time for a show dedicated to the GULF BREEZE UFO FLAP

Well, from the back and forth already here in this thread, I'm thinking the interest in a show on this is definitely there Gene.

Other than Maccabee, I have to think who might come.

Well... maybe that’s the show – just Maccabee. It doesn’t even matter what his opinion on the case is now – whether he still believes it’s a case that has merit or not - it would still by high-interest. The show could be him walking us through the story from his perspective – how he got involved – his impression of Walters – his opinions about the photos at that time and why he felt they were not faked...

Then the investigation, etc... all the way through to the unravelling of things and the accusations of a hoax – and the alleged finding of the so-called model of the UFO in the attic of Walter’s old house...

And does he even know where Walters is now and what he’s doing?

The show might even be more fascinating if Maccabee has changed his mind over the years and now believes he was taken in. Who knows? It could be an opportunity for Maccabbee to share an honest, human experience in which he (and others) were fooled... If so, what lessons can be learned from Gulf Breeze.

Or, maybe it’ll turn out that Maccabee sincerely believes it was all for real, the pics were real, Walters had integrity and just got sick of the circus... That would be equally interesting.

I don’t know .

Maybe there’s enough subject matter for a couple of shows. One with just Maccabbee, and maybe another show some time later from a totally different perspective...? To bad Jerry Black passed away in 2009. He'd be the definitive "other side of the coin" to Maccabee.

It would really be something to get Ed Walters to talk about it again. I would be very interested in learning whether he ever made an expedition to that lake where he thought the UFOs might be originating from. I can't remember the name of it off hand and I don't have the book handy.

Well put, Gene. Actually, I don't think any one other than Maccabee believes in it anymore. Still, hoaxes are interesting in all kinds of ways. "Why would anyone do that, they didn't do it for the money." Actually, there was money. Not a ton, but more than you guys get for what you do.

p/s you know and I know, if Printy were on, Dr. M wouldn't do it.

If you could manage to get one or two of the Gulf Breeze six for interview, that could be a kind of milestone it itself. Much easier said than done, no doubt.

Back