• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

It's official; Ghost Hunters fakes it

Jeff Crowell

Paranormal Annoyance
We all knew it in some degree, but here's the beginning of the end. Please pass this around to anybody who may be a Ghost Hunters, or GHI fan.

The funny/yet/sad part, read some of the comments. Some people are claiming that's not Donna's voice. Sorry, but I can clearly tell it is. Besides why would this radio show risk a lawsuit saying it is her when it wasn't?

I seem to remember this coming up before on the forums. No big surprise. I seem to remember some talk of "sour grapes" on Donna's part. Not sure of the source on that though.

I seem to remember this coming up before on the forums. No big surprise. I seem to remember some talk of "sour grapes" on Donna's part. Not sure of the source on that though.

I think the date on the YouTube vid. was early Nov. so it slipped my radar until today. Sour grapes or not, regardless of her reasons for 'outing' them, since they're faking evidence it's pretty much a done deal for TAPS and their little show. There's no worse crime in science or investigative research than fabrication.

I had trouble sitting through a whole episode of this show back when I was giving them the benefit of a doubt.

I'm pretty sure there has been some retraction / clarification from Ms. LaCroix; try visiting the SciFake.com website if you're really interested.

This is what you call 'the noise'. I went back and listened to the original interview once more and it sure doesn't sound like she's being led to me. The "Ghost Divas" may be two-bit, so-called journalists but the fact is Donna said those words and I believe them.

She was being truthful during this interview, and I think this, indeed is the cold hard truth of the show in general. That's the signal.

Oh I don't doubt that some (if not most?) of the 'evidence' in both GH and GHI isn't fake. Strangely enough tho, I still like having it on. *shrug*

Did it even need to be "official"? The second they mentioned "scientific method" should have been a fair indication that they were full of shit.

I knew it was mostly fake but one episode really hit home. The lead guy (grant?) anyway the bald dude. He had on a hat and an "evp" mentioned him and the hat. Well, he gasp, wow, for a minute. Then of course they moved on. C'mon now! If I "honestly" thought a "ghost" had singled me out I would have one of two reactions. 1. I would still be investigating to get to the bottom of the biggest story since the birth of Christ! 2. I would have ran like hell and still been running. But I certainly would not have simply "gasped" and widened my eyes and went on about buisness as if it were just another day. OH wait a minute! It was just another day of production at the ole scisux channell. :cool:

Damn, I was such a dedicated viewer of GhostHunters. 'There goes my heroes'.
I have not yet been able to listen to any provided audio-interview links. So, why did Donna break bad on them? I can see, where an honest person would be bothered while deception was underway. But there is a very old but timeless saying, I think it was from Shakespere, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". Otherwise, she seemed like such a good teamplayer with them.

She started getting suspicious because she was out of the loop for a lot of the production during setup and breakdown. I guess something happened and she found out some things were fabricated, and that there may even have been a team of 'stage artists' on the production crew that went around setting up fake paranormal activity. According to Donna in the interview, she cried for four days when she realized that some, if not much, if not ALL of the paranormal activity shown on GH was fabricated.

There were also indications that the prod company forced her out, and that Hawes and Wilson did not back her like they would have back 'in the day' when they were more family oriented in TAPS. I can see that happening. Hawes and Wilson have sold out, and her, along with several other former TAPS members were trampled by the remaining TAPS crew without a second thought.

Go J and G! Get that cash and plow over anybody in your way. That's the American way.

That's what pissed Donna off.

Well, one can hope.

Regarding wrestling, at least they admit it, openly. I caught wind that this season will be ghost hunters last. It can't end fast enough.

I think Ghost Hunters (and its off-shoots -- Ghost Hunters International and Ghost Hunters Academy) 'jumped the shark' awhile ago. The more they did mental hospitals, institutions, barrooms, castles, old battlefields.......and less private residences, my interest was lost. And the "hey man...great job"...."all right man...cool!...that one's debunked".....makes me want to reach through my tv and slap them upside their heads. The disconnect between Jason and Grant saying that there's something serious in a place to the end of the show where they tell the client "you're going to have to learn to live with it". Huh? In many shows the client complains of having been pushed, suffocated, scratched and now is suppose to learn to live with the 'ghost' (supposidly Grant is adept at knowing what's a human spirit and what isn't....yeah right). How about referring people to a religious or spiritual leader who's learned in this subject and can do a cleansing or exorcism. Instead the guys get in their trucks and drive off.

I've also noticed that Paranormal State (on A&E) has its critics about fakery -- the criticism is that Chip Coffey and Michelle Belanger supposidly receive all info beforehand from the production staff and do not really do a cold walk through/read through.

It is surprising to me though that the ghostie shows have done so much better than the ufo-based show (UFO Hunters). But then that might be a problem specific with Bill Birnes.

I've also noticed that Paranormal State (on A&E) has its critics about fakery -- the criticism is that Chip Coffey and Michelle Belanger supposidly receive all info beforehand from the production staff and do not really do a cold walk through/read through.

NOOOOO NOT Paranormal State, too!!! After I learned about Donna's whistleblowing on TAPS, I could not watch their shows any more. But I always thought, "I'm glad PS has more integrity as far as I know." "Maybe PS doesn't hoax at all." BUT NOW, THEM TOO? ***OH CRAP.***

NOOOOO NOT Paranormal State, too!!! After I learned about Donna's whistleblowing on TAPS, I could not watch their shows any more. But I always thought, "I'm glad PS has more integrity as far as I know." "Maybe PS doesn't hoax at all." BUT NOW, THEM TOO? ***OH CRAP.***

:D Yeah, and from what I've been reading on ghostie sites, Ryan Buell is quite the little tyrant. It's his way or the highway. And adding to that ego-trip are the reports that Chip and Michelle cannot bear eachother and will not work together. What divas!;)

I've never even knowingly seen a second of Ghost Hunters or Paranormal State ... but I could smell them all the way down here in New Zealand. Strange that :D

Anyhoo ... we had a similar kind of programme down here in NZ a few years back now called "Ghost Hunt" ... and it was actually quite good ... even though I've discovered since then the three main people (/paranormal investigators) in it were all actors. The reason being ... because I don't think it was faked at all. The young woman in the team would genuinely get freaked out by some of the things she was asked to do ... like go to the west wing of a castle or something on her own. It was great fun to see her get freaked out by something and have to leave the investigation of said wing early.

One of the other guys was one for trying to provoke a ghost just to get a reaction. He never had anything thrown at him or anything really dramatic happen except for the odd straaange noise.

And they genuinely (I think) had some interesting footage of "orbs" (no not that kind!), and some seriously creepy pictures. Just a shame it didn't last very long since I think they had quite a good programme there ... which is pretty damned rare for NZ tv :D

Back