• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

It's official; Ghost Hunters fakes it

Actually she never said the show was faked. What she said was that if evidence is staged she wouldn't have been told about it. That's not the same thing.

I've long wondered about this show. They don't really get a lot of good video evidence and one wouldn't expect that they would. But they sure do get a lot of creepy EVPs and it seems to me that as the seasons go by those EVPs are getting louder and clearer. Yeah, some of the EVPs are so faint and/or random that they hardly seem like evidence of anything but there are a few that are quite distinct and so relevant to the questions being asked that it seems like something paranormal/unexplained must be occurring or it's an outright sham. And then there's other things like spirits communicating with them via flashlights. Just seems hard to believe.

But try as I might I haven't been able to find anything concrete that the show is staged. Just lots of speculation. But if somebody has something better I'd be interested to hear about it.

So, what caused Grant to up and leave his own show? They mentioned "family issues" for his abrupt departure. To be honest, Grant was the only I trusted on the show. I lost interest when they started casing businesses over private homes.
Anyone know why Grant left?

So, what caused Grant to up and leave his own show? They mentioned "family issues" for his abrupt departure. To be honest, Grant was the only I trusted on the show. I lost interest when they started casing businesses over private homes.
Anyone know why Grant left?

Hi Stagger. My own curiosity in this has brought up nothing. It's funny that you considered Grant the most trusted member since he's the one who was most caught fabricating and faking evidence. In fact there is some speculation in "the field" that Grant's loss of credibility is what led him to leave....or be asked to leave. Either way, I suppose it's private and doesn't really impact the show that much in my humble opinion.

Hi Stagger. My own curiosity in this has brought up nothing. It's funny that you considered Grant the most trusted member since he's the one who was most caught fabricating and faking evidence. In fact there is some speculation in "the field" that Grant's loss of credibility is what led him to leave....or be asked to leave. Either way, I suppose it's private and doesn't really impact the show that much in my humble opinion.
I was not aware of any fraud on the part of TAPS members- and always took Grant as a man of his word. Sad to hear, as I've read a couple books documenting an experience of his, before joining TAPS. I can now file those in the fiction shelf at home.
For some reason, I always thought of Jason as a likely member to fabricate experiences to further his show.
Makes sense that Grant would drop out after accusations of fraud- I like how he was "called away" to deal with family issues last season, only to return and announce his retirement before the end of that season. Ghost Hunters going the way of Paranormal State- falling apart after exposure of faux claims?

I was not aware of any fraud on the part of TAPS members- and always took Grant as a man of his word. Sad to hear, as I've read a couple books documenting an experience of his, before joining TAPS. I can now file those in the fiction shelf at home.
For some reason, I always thought of Jason as a likely member to fabricate experiences to further his show.
Makes sense that Grant would drop out after accusations of fraud- I like how he was "called away" to deal with family issues last season, only to return and announce his retirement before the end of that season. Ghost Hunters going the way of Paranormal State- falling apart after exposure of faux claims?

Not that it's the most reliable source but search for TAPS on YouTube. There are several videos out there breaking down some of their evidence as being fabricated, including the famous Grant-Jacket episode they did during a live Halloween show. I tracked one down for you that makes an excellent case. It's a bit lengthy but get's the point across quite well. Another incident with Grant I always had a problem with was in the hotel were, supposedly, the ghost of the prostitute would slide the comforter up to play with mens' feet as they slept. The video they caught of this clearly looked like some wire or such was pulling the covers up from Grants position.

In the end I think the paranormal reality/paranormal drama shows have had their run. As ratings lower desperation rises and desperation leads to fabrication to re-raise ratings and profits.

Not that it's the most reliable source but search for TAPS on YouTube. There are several videos out there breaking down some of their evidence as being fabricated, including the famous Grant-Jacket episode they did during a live Halloween show. I tracked one down for you that makes an excellent case. It's a bit lengthy but get's the point across quite well. Another incident with Grant I always had a problem with was in the hotel were, supposedly, the ghost of the prostitute would slide the comforter up to play with mens' feet as they slept. The video they caught of this clearly looked like some wire or such was pulling the covers up from Grants position.

In the end I think the paranormal reality/paranormal drama shows have had their run. As ratings lower desperation rises and desperation leads to fabrication to re-raise ratings and profits.

Thanks. No u-tube access from here, but I will check that out tonight, from home. I suppose something had to give during those long, live, halloween episodes. We all know how elusive activity can be- not to mention the documentation... I can see why a program like that could feel pressure to keep the money machine rolling, anyway it can. I believe when TAPS first started, they had only the best intentions of furthering the study of activity, in hopes of taking the subject away from the domain of "public taboo" -in the end, they may have only contributed towards the problem.

I remember an early episode, while on a "haunted ship" -they caught someone (ship employee) trying to fake an incident- by going into a room, shutting off the camera before rigging the bed to "mess up" -they(Steve) found a glitch in the video, showing the camera was turned off and back on at some point between the footage of the bed being pulled apart (blanket)
Anyway, I thought it odd that an employee would know exactly how to get to TAPS recorder without being seen, knew enough about the equipment to maunever between turning it off- rigging the bed- turning it on to capture the fakery- turning it off to dismantle the rig- turning it back on- all without being seen. Just seemed too elaborate for anyone outside the TAPS team to pull off- but sure made the team look legit exposing an attempted fraud right on their show.
Was it the Queen Mary- or something similiar.

Another TAPS moment. The CashTown Inn at Gettysburgh. The video of the picture frame in Grants room can be seen moving, as if something unseen is sitting on the chair, turns the frame to look at the picture.
That's the problem when someone is exposed as not being 100 percent genuine with their collected evidence. It makes all other claims of evidence null and void.

I know this is an old thread, but here's why I think the Donna incident does not "officially" prove TAPS fakes it: she does not offer even one example where it happens. In other words, if anyone makes such an accusation, wouldn't you think they would give at least ONE incident they knew was faked? Donna doesn't, and I've never come across any story where she has. She also retracted her comments (though I cannot find those specific comments at the moment). Even if she hadn't retracted her comments, the lack of even just one specific incident as evidence, coupled with her obvious bitterness towards the producers of the show, makes her accusation highly suspect. I know people like to slam TAPS, but this one comment by Donna does not prove anything. People will have to search elsewhere! I've also seen few videos on youtube claiming to find evidence of faking, but the ones I've seen don't do anything of the sort. Does TAPS sometimes overinterpret evidence as paranormal? Absolutely. But I've yet to see any evidence they've deliberately faked anything.

Back