• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Is There a Disclosure Slowly Happening?

Free versions of recent episodes:

The release of that information, however, may at least prepare people more and more for some ultimate or gradual acceptance, however.

But that won't change the silly posturing of the TV talking heads on either side of the Atlantic, I fear.

Gene Steinberg said:
The release of that information, however, may at least prepare people more and more for some ultimate or gradual acceptance, however.

This is something that I wonder about and is somewhat related to the other thread I've recently posted (disinterest in UFO's). Here is one way to look at these documents:

They are filled with numerous reports of genuine delusion and wackiness. The Meier kind and worse. And they also contain many mundane, explainable sightings. So, ... a normal person, who doesn't look hard at the body of evidence , might think that UFO's represent wackos and misidentifications and conclude there really isn't anything to the "phenomenon". In other words ,the government looked into it, saw a lot of delusional people and some lights in the sky. There's your answer.

This scenario doesn't seem to gain any ground in acceptance. In contrast it may snuff it out altogether.

OR , another way to look at it:

Peruse and really search these documents for some intriguing and compelling cases that may do just what you are talking about Gene, providing a pathway for acceptance and interest of what these things are. However I can't imagine there are many of these cases and it may take some gems to gain real ground.

It really depends on how the story and cases are spun in the media. And I have a feeling the reporters are going to say a large portion, perhaps a very large part, are easily dismissed, thereby reducing real interest and acceptance.

I think we need to have more scenarios like the Washington conference. Concentrate on the compelling cases and highlight them. Perhaps this could be done with the releases of these documents. But we need to cut the fat and go to only the best available cases. Even with the best we still set ourselves up for failure by association of a bad case. One case that is proven something else (hoax, meteor,etc) is means for collapse of credibility. Only as strong as the weakest link and that is dangerous ground for serious ufology. Do you think?

He's saying you can't be certain that "you can't be 100% certain about something" because that is, in and of itself, a claim of 100% certainty.

CapnG said:
He's saying you can't be certain that "you can't be 100% certain about something" because that is, in and of itself, a claim of 100% certainty.

Yes, I know. That was entirely intentional.

What has this got to do with anything?

Rick Deckard said:
What has this got to do with anything?

Beats me, I just thought I'd point that out.

Back to disclosure I don't really think it's a question anymore. Disclosure IS taking place. Maybe not in the absolute "Yes we know they're real and we've met them" kind of way but with governments dumping UFO files with increasing frequency, regardless of their content, it's impossible to claim there is no disclosure taking place.

Maybe the more important question is "Is it sinking in?" Or is it just getting lost in the miasma of the daily news spewed at us 24/7?

CapnG said:
Back to disclosure I don't really think it's a question anymore. Disclosure IS taking place. Maybe not in the absolute "Yes we know they're real and we've met them" kind of way but with governments dumping UFO files with increasing frequency, regardless of their content, it's impossible to claim there is no disclosure taking place.

Maybe the more important question is "Is it sinking in?" Or is it just getting lost in the miasma of the daily news spewed at us 24/7?

I suppose a bigger question would be, what exactly are they dumping into the Public Domain? Is this stuff just 'chaff' - a decoy to distract the 'homing missile' of the UFO researchers who are requesting specific documents through the FOIA?

What if they're just dumping all the mundane stuff and keeping the juicy cases locked up for another 50 years? How will we know?

If there's nothing of any real interest in the files and they say that there are no more, then what?

My feeling is that this is more of 'lock-down' process than a full disclosure. They're distancing themselves from the subject. From now on, they'll say "we disclosed everything we have".

Ok rick:The third sentence at the bottom of your signature is a fallacy.Why ? Because your are begging the question.now if I ask you :are you alive? you answer yes .You have to be 100% sure you are alive.So you are 100% sure you are alive and at the same 100% sure thatyou can't be 100% sure of anything.so you contredict you self

I don't think the goverment is going to make a disclosure himself.Its coing to use different organisations.Like the vatican and other credible organisms.

It really depends on how the story and cases are spun in the media. And I have a feeling the reporters are going to say a large portion, perhaps a very large part, are easily dismissed, thereby reducing real interest and acceptance.

I think that's exactly the way it came across in the UK media. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't these files released simply because the Freedom of Information act meant they had to be? i.e. there's no pressing need to read a hidden agenda into their disclosure? If you wanted to read a motive into it though I honestly don't see it how it could be an attempt to prepare people for anything (other than the upcoming X-Files movie - and even that's not about UFOs any more!) If anything, it debunks/discredits the field yet further...

louis belanger said:
Ok rick:The third sentence at the bottom of your signature is a fallacy.Why ? Because your are begging the question.now if I ask you :are you alive? you answer yes .You have to be 100% sure you are alive.So you are 100% sure you are alive and at the same 100% sure thatyou can't be 100% sure of anything.so you contredict you self

So what? You think I was unaware of the logical fallacy in that statement when I constructed it? You think you have to point out to me the circular argument I deliberately put in my own signature?

Well done. Give yourself a cigar. Jeez.

louis belanger,

Deckard is one of our most respected forum members, and an Admin as well. He is also one of my favorite minds on these forums. Please be respectful, and keep it reasonable. I'm going to guess that English is not your first language, and you're probably missing the irony of Deckard's signature.

dB

Catholic following people have long thought that satanic forces and evil doers are behind the ET Phenomenon, that has been a big roadblock in any leaders opening up the drawers on ET presence.

Nobody likes pedophiles like priest and other losers that is obvious, and the thought is possibly if the Vatican came clean on alien/ET reality that it could restore their reputation.

Back