• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Is the Mothman the Demon Pazuzu?

Mothman, Demons etc. I just don't know what to make of this stuff. I believe there are indeed UFOs in our skies neither created or flown by humans. There are pictures of such things, many reports, radar returns, scrambled Jets, Police officers on duty reporting etc. It is easier to think some UFO reports are real because of the calibre of witnesses and corroborating evidence.
Such evidence is sadly lacking for such strange creatures as mothman. Of course, the mere fact they are unique or effectively so, means the chances of someone encountering them whilst in possession of a camera are slim at best compared to the chances of people photographing an unidentified object in the sky.

Also, for me, there is the idea too that I can explain UFOs to myself with views I have already about the larger universe and our likely place in it. I think elsewhere in this Galaxy, other sentient life forms fall about laughing when informed that 'earthlings actually think they are the pinnacle of existence and the sole inhabitants of the universe!'
But back to my point. Things like mothman have special problems for me with being able to even conceive of accepting them as fact. Such a creature, with the rough proportions of a slightly larger well-built man could just not support it's weight with those reported wings. Not even a half-glide would be possible. Nada. No flying for Mothman. So, is he then a completely supernatural being, not bound by the laws of physics that we mere earthlings are forever bound by. Does he fly like an angel? If mothman existed then I could accept angels no problem!

Is it possible that Mothman is from such an advanced society that he has high technology enabling him to fly that is disguised by these fake wings? Really? That sounds as plausible as I don't know what - not very plausible at all. For what possible reason?
So I am back again to 6-7' high muscle-bound humanoid with wings that enable him to fly?
Sorry, no deal. Not even one little bit. Are there multiple credible witness sightings? Or did someone claim something that changes due to the Chinese Whisper effect?

No, it isn't.Trust me on that one. 'Demons' as far as my experiences are concerned, are amalgamations of humanities subconsciousness, whatever name you give them. The scary thing indeed is, the 'Tulpa' idea is working and must have been for ages, creating things we can not control. I'm speaking from a ritualistic/gnostic magick point of view here.

No, it isn't.Trust me on that one. 'Demons' as far as my experiences are concerned, are amalgamations of humanities subconsciousness, whatever name you give them. The scary thing indeed is, the 'Tulpa' idea is working and must have been for ages, creating things we can not control. I'm speaking from a ritualistic/gnostic magick point of view here.

Sorry, I'm not clear on whether you believe such things actually exist in reality or not, outside of a human mind's creation? Something that multiple people could see at the same time because it was a real being?

I believe that people have seen things, what they might be, who knows. I witnessed very strange phenomena whilst doing 'things', visually as auditory and I was not the only one present, therefore I discount nothing unless it just sounds too ridiculous to be taken seriously(pink elephant showed up in my room and told me to eat more cereal). Let's leave it at that.

well a friend and I had a sighting of what I can only describe as an apparition. The unmistakeable figure of an old woman who rounded a corner into a dead end and disappeared on us. Until that point we thought it was an old woman.
But I still somehow have less of a problem with that than I do with a winged-man that can fly?

I think 'hauntings' or seeing not harmful vanishing apparitions are indeed an entirely different matter.With so called 'Demons', I still have to concurr.

I don't think the mothman is the same thing as giants...not so sure how I "feel" about the demon v/s mothman thing because I really don't know much about th edemon in question. But I don't discount that ppl. may have seen a mothman type creature before. I can't explain it and have never seen one, but I think just about anything is possible, looking at all from an esoteric point of view.

The moment Pazuzu was mentioned all I could think about was "Futurama". Pazuzu is either the Professor's servant or his creation. I'm not sure.

As for flying winged humanoids. I'm pretty skeptical. I agree that no winged humanoid has ever been depicted as having a suitable wing span. I would believe if they are not hallucinations then they are some kind of "apparition". Of course Mothman could just be employing some other kind of flight method and the wing themselves may be sails or rudders.

@5tomidnite - it may indeed just be me, but when my eyes glance at your profile name my brain flashes the word 'sodomite' and then corrects itself. Am I the only one? (wouldn't be the first time)

That's hilarious and I'm not saying that sarcastically. I really find it funny. I have an issue with transposing letters and characters. I read backwards sometimes without realizing it. I should post a question for the next Paracast and see if Chris reads it the same way >:)~

Back