• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Incubus/Succubus Vs. Night Hag Vs. Alien Abduction

That is a dead on observation nameless, as I tried to allude to earlier I was having these attacks long before I became an adult and stressed about the days burdens. Both my sister and I had these attacks that we both talk about in our later years. they were never...or never seemed...overtly paranormal experiences if that makes sense. They were somewhat ill defined, exactly what to expect from someone as young as us, as I got older they pretty much ceased except for the hypnopompic episodes and other strange dreams. We were both haunted by the same dark eyed black eyed little girl who apparently made a physical manifestation a few days before I arrived on a trip home several years ago it was on this trip my sister and I had the first real talk we had about our experiences and we each found out about the dark eyed girl in each others dreams. At any rate when I first heard about dr. barry taff and his theories I got very intrigued as I did when I first "got into" the trickster theory, I don't know how much of it i accept but I sure am intrigued by it. as I posted before I AM convinced that what we get out of paranormal experiences is what we put into it.

If you'll forgive this series of questions:
Can you discuss the physical manifestation by the girl? To whom did she manifest physically? Did or does she appear (in dream or waking life) only in the home? Does she appear independent of the other phenomena or with them? And as a final weird question, what would you ask her if you could?

That's a little hard to say, at one time it was a pretty frequent occurance. Looking back , it would be fair to say I was less relaxed about my sleeping habits, I am by nature a "ponderer (?)" and dwell on things. During the day I was so busy and preoccupied I didn't have time to think about the things that interested me and I would do so as i was settling down, also I tended to relive events of the past day, good and bad, or anticipate upcoming events good and bad. It was if I couldn't turn my brain off, and i would frustrate myself and compound the problem by trying to force myself to relax ( how is that for a contradiction ?!) and in effect creating a scenario for a restless night. It was only the past couple of years that i got a handle on this naturally, before that I took this wonderful supplement from a health food store. I forgot the name of it, but it wasn't a narcotic it just "made you stupid" by that I mean it disrupted your thinking process and wouldn't let you concentrate on things, which was my problem, the effect it had was not unlike what you experience if you try reading a book as you're drifting off and you might find yourself re-reading previous passages because you realized they didn't make sense, you didn't grasp their meaning, so you give up and let nature take it's course.

All that is just a long-winded way of saying I did not have a normal healthy sleeping pattern so you could say there was fertile ground for me to create these attacks BUT the wave of frequent attacks ended some time before I managed to get a handle on the problem itself, as I mentioned before I handled that in a different way. Also the problem would have probably had some kind of aggregate component as I clearly remembering having attacks at times where I had dropped right off to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, but it still could have been a problem period for me, so maybe it was a delayed response.

I don't remember having many hypnagogic attacks, there were a few, but many, many, hypnopompic attacks. And it was always the same I would awaken for whatever reason ( probably a couple of hours??) before my usual time and even before the paralysis kicked in, I felt I wasn't alone I don't remember seeing anything (but then I never looked) at least in my adult stage, but as a kid I do remember a lot of "visitations" by shadow people ( even before I fell asleep). I tend to sleep on my stomach and my head would usually be facing the wall or the nightstand in the other direction and because I couldn't move I couldn't take in my surroundings so I never really had the opportunity to see anything. And yes ,they were always very frightening until they became very annoying and i got angry and started to fight back, now they're quite rare.

Thank you for letting me get that off my shoulders, it was enlightening in the sense that until I chimed in on this thread I never really analyzed the mechanics behind my situation although I did look into the phenomena

Hey, thanks for talking about it. I'm always interesting in sleep phenomenon, and one characteristic of it seems to be that we sort of have to process it before it makes sense.

Were the shadow people visitations always while you were in bed? Did they always appear while you were paralyzed? And did you ever intentionally try to witness them?

If you'll forgive this series of questions:
Can you discuss the physical manifestation by the girl? To whom did she manifest physically? Did or does she appear (in dream or waking life) only in the home? Does she appear independent of the other phenomena or with them? And as a final weird question, what would you ask her if you could?

Yeah ,in a couple of.days, I am without a computer until this weekend and have to post using tapatalk on my phone. it is not fun especially for longer posts but briefly, yes, on a trip back home several years ago a little girl manifested herself before my niece (who slept through the incident) and her husband they were staying in what used to be my room and apparently he was NOT made to feel welcome. this same girl appeared in my dreams a few nights later upon my arrival..BUT the story is actually a little more interesting than that, I can go into a little more detail in a couple days.

The shadow people were more often than not shadow blobs, like 2 giant loaves of bread, or twinkies and appeared in pairs

I notice you are a writer, are you a dream researcher as well, are you writing about the psychology behind what we consider paranormal ? If so that would really interest me, I'm not all that interested in ufos, disclosure, remote viewing etc. but I am very interested in any possible tie-in between paranormal events and our psychology or "id" either waking or dream state, I'm also interested in synchronistic effects as this is the one aspect of the paranormal I live breath and experience on almost a daily basis.

I don't mind relating my experiences but if you are collecting stories I'd like to be kept abreast of your findings.

If you're still looking at this thread konrad, you may find it interesting that as of late I am constantly having hypnopompic attacks in MY DREAMS. That is, i'm dreaming that I'm dreaming and fighting off these attacks and most the time (not always) I remain in dream state, that is I am in real life I'm still dreaming but in that dream I have awoken, usually pissed off. This is cool stuff for me to experience, I like it.

Although this has happened to me on occasion in the past it most certainly had increased as of late, probably because of the self-psychoanalysis i've done on myself since being involved In this thread

this has happened to me too, again as a kid. The worst is when you get up get ready for school and then wake up and realise you havent done it. The best is when you wake upget dressed etc.. something bad happens and the you wake up cos it was just a dream!

takes on a slight prophetic nature as well. when you do stuff in dreams that actually happens when you wake has aan exponential effect the longer this occurs and your aware of the state. well it did in my experiece/experiments. if you write down dreams and keep a diary, the more you get to take control of them too.

takes on a slight prophetic nature as well. when you do stuff in dreams that actually happens when you wake has aan exponential effect the longer this occurs and your aware of the state. well it did in my experiece/experiments. if you write down dreams and keep a diary, the more you get to take control of them too.

I've been keeping a dream diary for years now and have gotten quite good at remembering them almost in entirety upon waking up.I have notice the ability to control them (lucidity?) but probably at a little less than middling level. I've often thought maybe the deja vu I've experienced at times (pretty moderately) has something to do with this. Undeniably this record keeping accounts for my synchronistic events occurrences, which like my hypnopompic dreams have been a constant part of my life but unlike the hypnopompic drams have skyrocketed since my record keeping.

looks like you got a handle on it. you can make more sense and develop more self awareness in dream states by understanding and acknowledging personal symboloism and subconcious motivation in the waking self state ( every day normal life). The axiom "know thy self" applies. This may require getting to grips with personal meta-programming eg. the stuff that pushes your buttons. once you do that you can start putting things into dream states like writing stuff on big pieces of paper and putting them round your house. caution applies though (chapel perilous 'n all that).

the feeling of a "watching presence" is also a natural brain effect, this can be induced with magnetic stimulous to a certain part of the brain to get this "god feeling".

That has been debunct. If I'm not mistaken a Sweedish? Team tried to reproduce the experiments and received different results than Persinger did.

looks like you got a handle on it. you can make more sense and develop more self awareness in dream states by understanding and acknowledging personal symboloism and subconcious motivation in the waking self state ( every day normal life). The axiom "know thy self" applies. This may require getting to grips with personal meta-programming eg. the stuff that pushes your buttons. once you do that you can start putting things into dream states like writing stuff on big pieces of paper and putting them round your house. caution applies though (chapel perilous 'n all that).

I totally agree. In my adolescence I spent a lot of time researching how to lucid dream and eventually became able to essentially do it at will. In my late twenties though I decided that we dream for a reason and I would no longer get in the way of the process. My dreams are still wickedly vivid though. I recommend that everyone teach themselves to lucid dream.

That has been debunct. If I'm not mistaken a Sweedish? Team tried to reproduce the experiments and received different results than Persinger did.
Yeah, I am undecided myself; famously Persinger puts the magneto- helmet on God Botherer Rich Dwarkins and it has no effect, yet it goes off the scale with a Church of England Bishop. Maybe there is some psychological disposition and programming involved as well as inherent ability? I think its both but its a bit chicken and the egg. Perhaps we can retune or reprogramme our brain to pick up on these frequencies and stimuli or some people are just born to have these effects.

Some people exhibit the effects of neural stimulation. Others don't. The postulation is some people may have a "talent for religion". The possibility that the effects work on some people should not rule it out. Consider it "an allergic reaction". Some people bug out to pollen some dont. Check this film out,
Horizon; "God on the Brain" documentary
/video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7991385426492181792

Research into electromagnetic stimulous, low and high frequency stimulous is a bit of a battle ground at the moment. This is mainly due to hysteria about mobile phones and technology producing ems. There is no doubt that the brain does respond to and pick up em frequencies. You can try this experiment yourself by getting someone to turn on a tv in a room or a radio with the sound off and guessing if its on or off in the next room.

http://www.medcom.lsuhscshreveport.edu/drmarino/cms_v1/useruploads/pdf/137-clinneurophys2004.pdf

Animals exhibit an ability to pick up on EM frquencies, Sharks have a honed ability to detect hidden sea bed fish by picking up electrical impulses in muscles of the fish. We have this in some way in some people possibly as an evolutionary throw back.

Yeah, I am undecided myself; famously Persinger puts the magneto- helmet on God Botherer Rich Dwarkins and it has no effect, yet it goes off the scale with a Church of England Bishop. Maybe there is some psychological disposition and programming involved as well as inherent ability? I think its both but its a bit chicken and the egg. Perhaps we can retune or reprogramme our brain to pick up on these frequencies and stimuli or some people are just born to have these effects.

Some people exhibit the effects of neural stimulation. Others don't. The postulation is some people may have a "talent for religion". The possibility that the effects work on some people should not rule it out. Consider it "an allergic reaction". Some people bug out to pollen some dont. Check this film out,
Horizon; "God on the Brain" documentary
/video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7991385426492181792

Research into electromagnetic stimulous, low and high frequency stimulous is a bit of a battle ground at the moment. This is mainly due to hysteria about mobile phones and technology producing ems. There is no doubt that the brain does respond to and pick up em frequencies. You can try this experiment yourself by getting someone to turn on a tv in a room or a radio with the sound off and guessing if its on or off in the next room.

http://www.medcom.lsuhscshreveport.edu/drmarino/cms_v1/useruploads/pdf/137-clinneurophys2004.pdf

Animals exhibit an ability to pick up on EM frquencies, Sharks have a honed ability to detect hidden sea bed fish by picking up electrical impulses in muscles of the fish. We have this in some way in some people possibly as an evolutionary throw back.

Sorry for taking a bit to get back to you. I couldn't view the links you proposed (every attempt I made to find the God on The Brain documentary came across a problem) but I tracked down the subject matter involved. I have some familiarity with the subject matter. I even worked with one of Persinger's students. We used to discuss his research on break. I even know an epileptic that tells me that surrounding a seizure he sometimes glimpses the future. I haven't tested him for it. My personal belief is that seeing the future is next to useless, unless you find having information about something you can't change comforting. I strongly belief that EMF affects the brain. On a personal level the first cell phone I owned gave me a weird flash when I first used it. Like a wave overwhelmed me the first time I turned it on. Then I got used to it and that stopped. Heck lightning storms give me a head ache but that could very well be a change in atmospheric pressure instead of EMF. Along the lines of the TV experiment I can say that I used to think that a television that was on felt like it had a presence but I never mistook that feeling for anything else than the TV being on. My opinion tends to be that if EMF makes you see a specific deity you were already looking to see them. Sort of a wish fulfillment thing. To me it works the same way if you want to see nothing. I think the unbiased mind just recognizes a presence and leaves it at that. If the source of the presence is visible it may even permit you to recognize it. Just speculation on my behalf. It works the same way for our senses. We block out what were not looking for and we even misidentify what we are seeing if we want to see something.

I am an Athesist but as far as Richard Dawkins goes, I react to him the same way I react to Stanton Freidman. I just role my eyes and say "Whatever..." Maybe these two deserve more credit than I give them but for me nothing they say moves me. I just listen to as much as I can hopping they say something that will wow me but in the end I'm usually disappointed. Just my personal thing.

Yeah ,in a couple of.days, I am without a computer until this weekend and have to post using tapatalk on my phone. it is not fun especially for longer posts but briefly, yes, on a trip back home several years ago a little girl manifested herself before my niece (who slept through the incident) and her husband they were staying in what used to be my room and apparently he was NOT made to feel welcome. this same girl appeared in my dreams a few nights later upon my arrival..BUT the story is actually a little more interesting than that, I can go into a little more detail in a couple days.

The shadow people were more often than not shadow blobs, like 2 giant loaves of bread, or twinkies and appeared in pairs

I notice you are a writer, are you a dream researcher as well, are you writing about the psychology behind what we consider paranormal ? If so that would really interest me, I'm not all that interested in ufos, disclosure, remote viewing etc. but I am very interested in any possible tie-in between paranormal events and our psychology or "id" either waking or dream state, I'm also interested in synchronistic effects as this is the one aspect of the paranormal I live breath and experience on almost a daily basis.

I don't mind relating my experiences but if you are collecting stories I'd like to be kept abreast of your findings.

Hi Spookymulder,

Sorry to respond late.

Were the appearances of the girl always in the same room?

I wouldn't call myself a dream researcher, but I am frequently drawn back to the topic. I mainly write fiction, but I feel like when you write fiction, everything that you learn ends up going into the unconscious pot. And who knows what you come up with? The psychology associated with the paranormal interests me a good deal.

UFOs interest me, but more on the high weirdness end of things. I am more interested in Stan Gordon than Stan Friedman, for example. On the Paracast, Gene and Chris have discussed how most witness accounts of aliens usually describe the aliens as being slightly more advanced than the current technology. I find that more intriguing than just endless recitations of witness accounts, usually featuring useless estimates of how high and what size the craft was in the sky, based upon no point of reference. The topic of disclosure bores me. What politician would possibly wish to end their career by talking about aliens? I would like to learn more about remote viewing, however.

My curiosity concerns whether, how often, and to what extent contact with the paranormal may change the way the witness/participant views the world. Moreover, I wonder to what extent the individual's worldview and psychology may generate or make perceivable an event. And I don't just mean hallucinations, but rather an experience of meaning for the individual, even if only (only?) in the imagination.

I appreciate hearing your stories. I'm not collecting accounts per se, but I will be happy to pass on any stories that I encounter. I feel like there is something to the stories about shadow and shadow-people that makes me keep thinking about them. I just don't know what.

If you're still looking at this thread konrad, you may find it interesting that as of late I am constantly having hypnopompic attacks in MY DREAMS. That is, i'm dreaming that I'm dreaming and fighting off these attacks and most the time (not always) I remain in dream state, that is I am in real life I'm still dreaming but in that dream I have awoken, usually pissed off. This is cool stuff for me to experience, I like it.

Although this has happened to me on occasion in the past it most certainly had increased as of late, probably because of the self-psychoanalysis i've done on myself since being involved In this thread

Well, I'm glad to hear that it's cool stuff and not too unpleasant for you. Just keep yourself anchored and know your limits, I suppose. It almost sounds like an infinite regress of dream within a dream. I tend to lack success in intentionally bringing elements into dreams, at least as far as I remember. Lucid dreaming is a real challenge for me. Perhaps it's the case that my unconscious refuses to grant an intruder control over its realm. Perhaps it's also the fact that I don't sleep enough. I was doing well with keeping a dream journal for a time, but lately I've needed to wake up too early to remember.

As a disorganized experiment, I have been basically writing a poem each night at bedtime in an effort to inoculate my dreams with desired content. It's sort of like sending a message off in a bottle. I never know what will come of it, but in a strange way, I feel as though something does happen as a result of it, that it does somehow influence my dreams, which influence my waking life. I can't prove or argue that scientifically, but I feel drawn to continue.

Back