• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I'm Another New Forum Member

GhostSensor3000

Skilled Investigator
Just wanted to say hello to Gene, Chris, and everyone else. I've been a listener for the past three years, and have just now got around to getting on the forums. I love the show and have learned so much more about these fields since listening to the Paracast. It's one of the best shows on Ufology and the Paranormal that I've come across in my listening adventures. And I'm happy to be a part of the forum community.

Just wanted to say hello to Gene, Chris, and everyone else. I've been a listener for the past three years, and have just now got around to getting on the forums. I love the show and have learned so much more about these fields since listening to the Paracast. It's one of the best shows on Ufology and the Paranormal that I've come across in my listening adventures. And I'm happy to be a part of the forum community.

Well howdy. Took my a few years too, to take the plunge and I've never looked back. Don't be shy, get involved as much or as little as you want, everyone has an equal right to be here!

Thanks Goggs. I'm excited to get started. I've been interested in the field for many years, and even did an A+ research paper on Ufology many years ago, while I was in school. But that was the last time I did any real research, aside from watching the occasional decent TV documentary (which are few and far between) on the subject. I'm not a big fan of most of the UFO programs on today. They're a huge disappointment.

To get me going in the right direction, what books do you recommend to get me started?

Last edited:
Thanks Goggs. I'm excited to get started. I've been interested in the field for many years, and even did an A+ research paper on Ufology many years ago, while I was in school. But that was the last time I did any real research, aside from watching the occasional decent TV documentary (which are few and far between) on the subject. I'm not a big fan of most of the UFO programs on today. They're a huge disappointment.

To get me going in the right direction, what books do you recommend to get me started?

An early book by Maj. Donald Keyhoe
something from Jacques Vallee such as 'Passport to Magonia' or 'Messenger of deception'.
'Operation Trojan Horse' By John Keel.

Keyhoe is pure nuts n bolts and ETH, Vallee and Keel changed their views over time - basically read books from different perspectives and even skeptical books, but not debunkers. To give some support to UK writers, take a look at Jenny Randles, an amazing researcher and Nick Redfern who churns out good quality books at a stunning rate. I'll be honest, if you read anything of J. Allen Hynek, it can be a bit dry and science-heavy, but it is important to see different viewpoints and let's face it, who else can compare their research with Hynek, who switched sides after OP Bluebook and he became a loved figure in Ufology even after alienating a whole state with the 'Swamp Gas' explanation!

Many good books are available free onilne in PDF format but I cannot condone copywrite fraud as a forum moderator!!

I recommend Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs as it's very well written and provides a nice overview of the subject. UFOs and the National Security, Vol 1 by Richard Dolan provides a detailed history of US national security involvement in UFOs from 1940s to 1973. The Invisible College by Jacques Vallee is an easy read and focuses on messages from "ET" and how they affected the people they're communicating with.

Thanks Goggs and Technomage. I've heard of these authors/researchers mentioned on the Paracast. It's time for me to dive in.

Last edited:
Of course Tim Good's 'Above Top Secret' as well. There are so many great books It's hard to think off top the head but I know if you look up USI Calgary - a site run by a member here, avatar name 'Ufology' and his site has a great list of UFO books, it's pretty comprehensive.

Of course Tim Good's 'Above Top Secret' as well. There are so many great books It's hard to think off top the head but I know if you look up USI Calgary - a site run by a member here, avatar name 'Ufology' and his site has a great list of UFO books, it's pretty comprehensive.

I will definitely check this site out. It sounds like a good place to start.

Also, Report on the Unidentified Flying Objects by Edward Ruppelt will give you a real sense of the extent of the phenomenon in the early 50s.

Another one I will add to the list.

I really appreciate all the help guys. Thanks again.

Back