• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I'm a STARSEED!

tyder001

Paranormal Adept
This place has some odd beliefs. Well, y'all do, I'm purrrfectly sane! ;) Ya wouldn't know it from some of my post but I do keep a "skeptical" mindset. It comes in handy, especially when those alien convicts from Zeculla Sector 4 show up! I rat em out to the intergalactic spacebrother's of enlightenment Council of Devo!

Skeptophilia: Twinkle, twinkle, little Starseed

This place has some odd beliefs. Well, y'all do, I'm purrrfectly sane! ;) Ya wouldn't know it from some of my post but I do keep a "skeptical" mindset. It comes in handy, especially when those alien convicts from Zeculla Sector 4 show up! I rat em out to the intergalactic spacebrother's of enlightenment Council of Devo!

Skeptophilia: Twinkle, twinkle, little Starseed

Those double espresso shots are inspirational aren't they? [STEP AWAY FROM THE ESPRESSO MACHINE]

The folks preying on or at least encouraging people who think they are aliens is a bit disturbing isn't it? Folks who write drek like The Star People should be ashamed of themselves or at least us a pseudonym like Lt. Commander Vice-Admiral X or something.

My advice is to run a very tight filter on ALL incoming information relative to the UFO topic. Particular care should be exercised when dealing with the Exopolitics Wing of the movement.;)

Great link, tyder. I especially enjoyed steiger's list. Reminded me to listen to an interview of him by rick wood of audio martini I've been meaning to get to. Rick is an interesting interviewer, enjoyable to listen to. Your star seed allusion reminded me of the we are made of starstuff theme, material of the stars, we read about. Also reminded me of william wordsworth's poem at this link. It's pretty long, but i've always enjoyed it. You can skip to stanza V for the allusion your post reminded me of. And yes, it mentions God, and that's not an attempt to revisit religion, treacherous waters, as we know. Kim.
Wordsworth, William. 1888. Complete Poetical Works.

Thank you Kim. That poem is one of my favorites. That and my absolute favorite is Yeats "When you are old." :cool:

William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)
When You Are Old
WHEN you are old and gray and full of sleep,
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;
How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face;
And bending down beside the glowing bars,
Murmur, a little sadly, how Love fled
And paced upon the mountains overhead
And hid his face among a crowd of stars.

I first came across "When you are old" on an old "The New Twilight Zone" episode. And they said watching tv would rot muh brane! ;) It was an episode called "Her Pilgrim Soul" and I really enjoyed it at the time. Dealt with reincarnation and love and computers. What's not to like?

Thank you, Tyder. That's one of my favorites, too. A real bittersweet poem, especially the ending, which seems a bit cruel toward whom I perceive is a woman Yeats is addressing in his poem. But hopeful, too, as she will soon, evidently, rejoin him. I want to find the episode you mentioned, too. I know my netflix streaming has the old (old!) episodes. I'll see if the new ones are available. I know you and are about the same ripe old age, so we really remember the old ones! Kim

. But hopeful, too, as she will soon, evidently, rejoin him.

That's my take on it. ;) This one resonates with me on a very deep even mythical level. By myth I don't mean "lie" but the true deeper meaning. Some things are just not easy to put into mere words.

It's one of the reasons I don't "believe" in mind readers. Not because of the traditional skeptical position. But, because I know when I think it's not always with words or linear. :cool: Ya couldn't read my mind like a line by line book. It doesn't work that way. ;)

I don't understand? Are you making fun of someone here that says they are a starseed Tyder?

I won't speak for Tyder, but I for one have a great deal of skepticism and concern about the subject. That doesn't mean I want to make fun of anyone. I think there are people who are taking advantage of others who may for any number of reasons be drawn to the idea and that bothers me a bit. The Hybrid, Starseed, Indigo Child, business is a dangerous morass in my opinion. Certainly the excerpts from Brad Steiger's book bare that out.

I suppose , pixelsmith, all you have to do is be caught in an electric storm and "ZAP" that cosmic dust can turn into the needed chemistry to generate the STARSEED.:)

a "starseed" person told me few years ago that i am a tall nordic descended master who will be instrumental in saving mankind one day. so... Angelo you better agree with whatever i say. i have not tried out my powers yet but i am quite sure i have the ability to smite.:cool:

Back