• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I thought the last three shows were far from the best.

tomdownie

Paranormal Novice
I thought the last three shows were very poor. The best part of all three was Dave talking about his "gained time experience" as I've also experienced it twice. The problem was that he and his friend wasted a good portion of the show in the lead up to the story. It seemed to go on forever before getting to the point. The other programs were mostly crap, people meandering through useless conversation that was so convoluted that it was almost incomprehensible. The hosts should take control of the show and keep their guests on topic. Lastly, I think for a host to walk away from a show because someone made a disparaging remark and that persons name is only mentioned in conversation, was pretty childish. Do I think the comment was true, no, so why take it so hard. Stupid people say stupid things. Some people should get a thicker skin. I look forward to some improvements. I don't think every show should be a barn burner but hopefully you'll return to the quality of show your listerners have come to expect.

Agreed. However, while we all are complaining, why don't we see if we can scare up anybody better?

nope? didn't think so.

'nuff said.

I don't know that there is any reason to complain about this show. Especially the cost.

I haven't listend to the past 2 shows yet. Even the worst show is better than a lot of others best shows. David and Gene can't ever seem to please everyone. If they are too hard they get slammed. If they let the guest talk too much, they get slammed. If David talks too much or not enough, he gets slammed. Commercials get slammed. Blah, blah, blah.

I will say this: There IS no other show that gives you what the Paracast does. I don't know what this business about David leaving is, but if he does, then it is done. The best show, down the drain. Now we can go back to, ..... ....?what?

BTW, one observation on the buildup to the time anamoly. I think the importance of the buildup was because it seems to have shifted the event itself. Or created it. The relationship, the conversation, the timing, what was remembered, the events of the day, all these seemed important. In retrospect I thought the buildup was needed, even though at the time I was like, "what, what happened??"

Anyway, Gene and David thank you for the show(s). I'll take them all and sort them myself.

Folks,

I've been under a bunch of personal pressure lately, and my tolerance levels are waaaay down. I would agree that hanging up was less than professional, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm not leaving the Paracast, I was leaving that particular episode. Sorry if it pissed some of you off, but as I've stated, I'm under a bunch of stress in recent times, and my buttons were pushed on that episode. It's not like it happens on a regular basis, but like our tagline says, "you never know what to expect"...

dB

Folks,

I've been under a bunch of personal pressure lately, and my tolerance levels are waaaay down. I would agree that hanging up was less than professional, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm not leaving the Paracast, I was leaving that particular episode. Sorry if it pissed some of you off, but as I've stated, I'm under a bunch of stress in recent times, and my buttons were pushed on that episode. It's not like it happens on a regular basis, but like our tagline says, "you never know what to expect"...

dB
Don't go dave.You'r intellegent and loquacious(not a bad thing to be when you'r a talk show host:))Try to stay focused and to quote winston churchill "when your going through hell just keep going".Guess you've just been "venting" here for awhile.presure release finds some very odd places to blow off the steam pressure.I'll never kick a man when he's down.Understanding leads to enlightenment.Thanks for letting us know whats going on with your personaly even though it's none of our buisness.May i sugest a good "cat kicking session".tends to be totaly ridiculous and absurd but imagine it(aka bill the cat bieng launched at the end of your nun bushes):p

Hey, No Worries!!

In 100 (000) years time we can come back and change it.

I personally have enjoyed the last shows, you take the rough with the smooth.
It's always a learning curve, and mistakes or tragedies are our most important teachers.
Implicating the last show - do you really believe that our time travelling predecessors want to deny us of this? We need to make mistakes - no matter how foul the outcome will be - this is progress.
Reversal is underdevelopment. Future intervention in history is an abuse of our ability to grow - this is why I doubt time traveller issue.

I have made mistakes - the world has made mistakes, and sometimes I would like that I could change the past - but, on a more wiser footage - Onwards and upwards with the carriage of mistakes in the back is the most tangible to follow.

Bravo Dave. I hope things smooth out for you soon. I know how it is when you juggle something like a podcast in with real life and then ad a few years of doing it in the mix, things pile up quickly sometimes.

I tend to gage all other paranormal shows against The Paracast. So, on what some may consider a not so swell show is still pretty good to me. I guess that says something about the other shows I listen to. Good guests but bad production, decent production but you have to put up with inane babble. So it goes.

Anyhow, as you said, you never know what's going to happen next. Good luck Gene and Dave on your upcoming shows.

Folks,

I've been under a bunch of personal pressure lately, and my tolerance levels are waaaay down.
dB

Dave, I can only understand too clearly how stress can knock you sideways. I dealt with stress for years (not knowing I was stressed ... I thought life was always like that!!) before I broke down, left work, and was eventually diagnosed as having an anxiety disorder and severe depression (with maybe just a touch of autism thrown in for a bit of comic relief :D).

So ... go and have a holiday, or get away from The Paracast for a while. Go and recharge your batteries if you need to. I think your audience would want you to go and have a rest rather than burn yourself out.

I don't think the the UFO and other paranormal phenomena are going to suddenly go away or be illuminated somehow any day soon ... so go and have a rest. They'll still be here (as will the audience, I'm sure) when you come back. (I can hear Donald Keyhoe ... or is it Steve Bassett?? spinning in his grave like mad as I say that :p)

David,
I am glad you are not leaving!!! I hope you get through your professional stress. I know how that can be.

Cheers

Rudolph

I could tell David was getting pretty stressed during his interview with Bill, and I think that sometimes it's best to just get away in those situations. I know that these guys do this show because it's a labor of love (can't imagine they're making much money from it) so I'd cut them a little slack.

I've been an on and off listener since the show started, and I think the dynamic duo does a great job of bringing a ton of great information, and opinion, about the crazy world of the paranormal.

Hope your life gets a little less rocky soon, David.

ahhh, i've only heard half the episode so far.
Of the episodes, I thought the one with siani and the mising time was pretty good. The Bill Birnes one isnt particularly appealing to me at the moment but thats more because so far the subject matter is Philip Corso. Bill seems like a nice chap but he is clearly a chap with an interest in making some sort of money from the subject which tends to make him believe a little too easily.
I mean he has a few tidbits of infomation which slightly back up what Corso said, but the fact is he has basically been proven as a shit talker so you have to disregard everything he says. On a positive note, I burst out with laughter when they were talking about the philadelphia experiment, and how the ship dissapears... and Gene interupted for the commercials by saying "but before the show dissapears... Brilliant stuff!

The COC episode was a little bit dull admittedly but certainly not as bad as the OP said. I think it must be very hard to make every show a knockout, as you never really know how each guest is going to pan out.
Also, i think critiscism of the show could be laid out a little bit more politely.

If I had one thing I could change about the show it would be that people get 'bashed' a little less, but instead get taken apart calmly by intelligent questioning.
I still love the show though, and I hope that David, you manage to sort out your stressful situation whatever it may be.

Back