• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I disabled my Facebook account today...

You can download your whole Facebook account if you ever decide to return to it. My account > Download Your Information.

Funny... that is where I heard about it. Podcasts are great for listening to while working.

You guys need to get with it and roll on the train to Libraryville. There's a world of untapped podcastery about the daily adventures of Librarianism.

Adam Wright, Executive Director of North Texas Library Partners, shares his thoughts on libraries integrating new technology into their services. He covers topics such as the relative cost of the technology, avoiding culture shock in the community, patron training, and the library's need to focus on core services.
Librarian Live

Jeez, I'm almost too scared to take the joke further and actually give it a listen. On the other hand, recent insomnia may well have met the cure?

I read it as "Libertarianism" at first. Dang. Does it cover stories of homeless people hanging out in the Library? ;)

Theres no need to download my whole Facebook page. All I need to do to re-enable my account is log back in. (which I will do in a couple of weeks).

But yeah I did actually see the feature to download all information in the account section in Fbook.

I've killed mine briefly before. But then I figured out how to hide people, so I just mute those who annoy me. You need to keep yours up. You have quite a few nice lookin hotties you're friends wif:)

We actually integrated these forums with a member's Facebook accounts recently. But you don't need to do anything about it.

I finally signed up for Facebook. My son, sister, and one of my brothers are on it, so I guess I'll have some use for it. They're all far away and I only see them once every couple of years.

I finally signed up for Facebook. My son, sister, and one of my brothers are on it, so I guess I'll have some use for it. They're all far away and I only see them once every couple of years.

FB has put me in touch with soooo many people I haven't seen in years. It's great. Just be careful about some of the fishin attempts, I guess it's called. Certain apps can give you viruses or spyware etc.

Back