• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I didn't see one so... March 1st 2009 show - S. Bassett.

... when someone speaks in that desperate tone of voice "I AM TELLING YOU, WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE ME/STOP ASKING ME THOSE QUESTIONS" type-of-voice on a radio show they've blown it, it's over. he sounded like a man who's on the edge, it's actually quite sad.

when do we get to hear about the lady who's father who allegedly worked on the reverse engineering?

Peoples' credibility doesn't matter?!? LOL. When you add turds to the punch bowl, the whole thing tastes like crap. A little leaven...

Absolutely!! LOL!!!

If the public won't take this issue seriously, how can we rally voices for disclosure? How can they take it seriously when credibility isn't there? I don't understand the logic.

second hour done.......

i was minded of a sign i sometimes see on the local highway "church in the pub" sundays - time/place.

and im guessing that plays out pretty much as it reads, which brought me to the idea "paracast in the pub"......

what a riot that would be.

remote viewing, well ive seen some demonstrations that suggest there might, i say might be something there. but if i were at a conference id paid to attend and someone suggested that 911 involved alien particle weapons, id get up and leave, no i would heckle the idiot then leave (and ive never heckled anyone in my life).

catering to these people is not helpful on many levels, at the very least level its not good to encourage that sort of delusion in such a manner.
these people need help not endorsement.
your not allowed to drink drive for obvious reasons, and im not comfortable with idea that i might share the road with someone who honestly thinks they remote viewed alien particle weapons blowing up the WTC.

and i think there is an important distinction to make between theorys, and stated realitys.
i myself have come up with some pretty wacky ideas, but i dont present them as anything other than that, there just ideas ,creative guesswork. but when you start making statements as to the nature of say the 911 murders as wacky as that and present them as reality then thats where serious promoters of this topic need to draw a line and say, thanks but no thanks.
putting people like that behind the lecturn, is about as useful as putting some random drunk up, it would be unjustifiable even if the entry to the event was free, let alone a pay to enter affair

Bassett always reminds me of Tom Cruise in this video.

I actually found the "George H.W. Bush was going to disclose in his second term" theory potentially plausible. Intelligence types would have to worry less about being scapegoated, both as individuals and as a profession, if one of their own were to break the news. It would make it much easier to control the story.

How much influence the intelligence community actually has in the American media is impossible to tell, but it's beyond dispute that they do have some kind of leverage. So it's interesting to note that it was during Clinton's first term -- what would have been GHWB's second -- that the bug-eyed alien meme happened to be everywhere in movies and popular culture. If there were any time when the public was primed to push for disclosure, it was then. When I saw "Independence Day" in 1994, the audience burst into spontaneous applause when the CIA character finally admitted the truth about aliens to the president. And this was in New England, where movie audiences tend to be pretty taciturn. We rarely clap at the end of movies, to say nothing of right in the middle. I can't imagine that reaction happening today, anywhere.

As to whether disclosure is something that should or even can happen -- and if there's even something to disclose -- none of us truly know. From a certain point of view, Bassett's cause will always look absurd, no matter who he associates himself with.

This may just be my literary aesthetics at work, but I would not be at all surprised if this were the real truth: anything the government ever knew about UFOs was split into a hundred meaningless pieces and distributed to a hundred different people sixty years ago. Since then, the information has only become increasingly fragmented and lost. Maybe everybody's searching for it, both from within the government and without, convinced that it's someone else who's in possession of the truth. This solution sounds the most like human nature to me.

when do we get to hear about the lady who's father who allegedly worked on the reverse engineering?

As far as I know, no time soon. It's a case under investigation, the person has asked for discretion, and we'll respect that request. Sorry, but that's all that can be said for the moment.

dB

enormously free of content.

Best summary of Basset I've yet heard. Bravo, good sir.

Putting a boot in Bassett's ass wouldn't do much.

Not a lot of room either, what with his head wedged up there already...

Basset is, well... there's no way to put this delicately, totally fucking delusional.

The notion, the very idea that all comers are welcome, that all persons involved in the UFO field deserve a seat at the table is ABSURD. Credibilty isn't just helpful, it's goddam essential to this topic, espescially given that it is publically regarded as incredible from the get go.

Regarding Basset and the X-conference... I'm getting a P.T. Barnum vibe. That the notion of disclosure seems to take a backseat to sideshow freaks seems ultimatley more intentional than coincindental. Not so much a case of all noise/no signal but rather all volume/no music if you catch my drift. It's a pointless mess, regardless.

Finally, given Basset's mover-and-shaker lifestyle, I suspect his definition of "destitute" is far, far different from how you or I would define it. Kinda like how wall street bankers are "broke" because they can't afford to give themselves $5mil bonuses they didn't earn and don't deserve and therfore need a bailout. It's a sympathy play, nothing more.

I love this show and I appreciate Gene and David and their work. So my feelings about the Paracast are secure. But I gotta tell you guys (I mean everyone) that I just don't buy most of what I hear anymore. Bassett had no problem putting the final nail in his coffin as far as I am concerned. No more Bassett. Nothing that man will ever say means a damn thing to me. He is now in the realm of Greer.

Ya' know? I'll listen to Stan Friedman give the same lecture he has given for the past 40 years (I have listened to those lectures and know of what I speak). Because even though the song remains the same I have never, EVER, once felt deception on Stan's part. Maybe a little boredom but that comes with age I guess.

I'll listen to Kimball, and Eckers, and Ritzmann, and Vaeni (sp? A clown sometimes but he is so fucking funny), Mac Tonnies, Macabee, Greenfield (although I have a lot of questions for his outlook), even Dennis Balthhaiser, and Mr. Numero Uno IMHO.... JAMES FOX. I'll listen to guys like these, and others, because not once during the time that Gene and David are talking to them do I ever feel like they are trying to pull a fast one on me. I just can't listen to the B.S. anymore. Not enough time in the day.

I find Bassett's insistence that Disclosure is right around the corner to be very much like the idea that Jesus is just about to return any DAY now. If you look at Paul's letters (Saul of Tarsus) to the faithful he was trying to hold together, in small communities spread throughout the Roman Empire, you can see the same type of belief. The early Christians, the ones who lived immediately after the life of Jesus, believed that he would return momentarily. After all, they were only a generation or two behind Jesus himself. It's as if someone who died in 1935 (well within the lifetimes of my own parents) were going to return any day. Paul continually chastized his new converts, who were not Jews, but Gentiles in the Roman Empire, that they should not revert to paganism but prepare themselves for the return of Jesus RIGHT NOW, like in 2012 when everything is sure to fall apart! All this talk about 'The Aviary' waiting for the 'right time' is just Millennial Christianity ported over to a new operating system, like Adobe ported from Windows to a Mac or Linux. It's the same old same old. Bassett is a convert and an adherant. He believes that the new Roman Empire (The American Empire) is about to fall and the Aliens' technology will save us.

In point of fact the Roman Empire, in various guises, lasted another THOUSAND years, and Bassett's Disclosure Movement amounts to what New Guinea natives did upon encountering a 'superior' civilization, a Cargo Cult building an airfield in the jungle waiting for the airplanes to come bringing worldly goods of salvation with them.

As far as I know, no time soon. It's a case under investigation, the person has asked for discretion, and we'll respect that request. Sorry, but that's all that can be said for the moment.

dB

Thats still pretty damn exciting.

Can you speak around it at all without using specific? (I understand if its not appropriate to speak about it at all)

I find Bassett's insistence that Disclosure is right around the corner to be very much like the idea that Jesus is just about to return any DAY now. If you look at Paul's letters (Saul of Tarsus) to the faithful he was trying to hold together, in small communities spread throughout the Roman Empire, you can see the same type of belief. The early Christians, the ones who lived immediately after the life of Jesus, believed that he would return momentarily. After all, they were only a generation or two behind Jesus himself. It's as if someone who died in 1935 (well within the lifetimes of my own parents) were going to return any day. Paul continually chastized his new converts, who were not Jews, but Gentiles in the Roman Empire, that they should not revert to paganism but prepare themselves for the return of Jesus RIGHT NOW, like in 2012 when everything is sure to fall apart! All this talk about 'The Aviary' waiting for the 'right time' is just Millennial Christianity ported over to a new operating system, like Adobe ported from Windows to a Mac or Linux. It's the same old same old. Bassett is a convert and an adherant. He believes that the new Roman Empire (The American Empire) is about to fall and the Aliens' technology will save us.

In point of fact the Roman Empire, in various guises, lasted another THOUSAND years, and Bassett's Disclosure Movement amounts to what New Guinea natives did upon encountering a 'superior' civilization, a Cargo Cult building an airfield in the jungle waiting for the airplanes to come bringing worldly goods of salvation with them.

I remember when I first heard Bassett last year on the Paracast where he talked about disclosure being prepped for spring 2009. At the time I didnt know any better and I was pretty interested in how and why he was saying this with such conviction.

Now I know its just to validate his identity.

Stephen Bassett is now an eternal resident of Cloud Cuckoo Land ... in my opinion.

I've done this before but I've just done it again hearing about the lack of knowledge regarding Bassett and his (back) history.

Using veromin.net, I put "Paradigm Research Group" into the "company" part of the "Business Search" section and we get the following:

FANTACY FEATS
EXPERIENCE BY DESIGN
FRANCK DESIGN SOLUTIONS LLC
OLISORA LLC
INTERCOM FEDERAL SYSTEMS CORPORATION
LSH FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS INC
FMS SERVICES (2 mentions)
FMS INVESTMENT CORP (10 mentions ... for some reason)
LSH FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS INC

So make of that what you will.

Also there is an link to an underwriters page for the X-Conference here:

http://www.paradigmresearchgroup.org/X-Conference2009/X-Conference2009.htm

It gives some of the names of people who have given a certain amount of money to help with the conference.

Some of this may help in nailing down if there really is someone behind Stephen Bassett ... or not :D ... and maybe some of the names of people and business might strike a chord with someone out there ... or ... not :D.

Anyway, its a start if anyone wants to dig a bit further.

I havent finished listening to this podcast yet- But im reading about alien particle beams and 9/11? Is this what Basett believes?
Wow.
Now i see why Mr. Biedny feels sad for Basett.

Bassett lost me when he showed an immense amount of ignorance on the subject of nuclear power. Nuclear is definitely the power source of the future. He's a dreamer if he thinks the government has access to alien power sources that can change the world.

Disclosure is for losers. No time for that crap.

Great show! That was some good conversation there. I can't put much stock in Mr. Bassett, but the dynamics of the conversation were great.

I think his not being concerned about credibility is due to him looking at the issue as a numbers game. He obviously is visualizing that "sea of people" who have the government backed into a corner forcing the point of disclosure (which seems to be his sole focus, to listen to him). He doesn't care who the people in that sea are, as long as there's a lot of them.

To a point, I can see the thought process here. No-one cares about personal credibility in a mob. It doesn't matter, their power is derived from numbers, not individual ability/credibility. So he's just trying to promote anybody who he thinks can build the numbers, and get more of those 1,000,000 faxes.

The fact that he thinks a mob can scare the PTB into disclosure, however, is just fantasy. Not going to happen. If the PTB were afraid of mobs, they'd be running things a lot differently, methinks.

I think he's just "fouling the pool", as it were, but I can believe that he believes he's fighting the good fight for disclosure.

Or, I could just be talking out my ass.

Great show, either way.

In all honesty, shows with people like Bassett are among the least interesting to me. The most interesting are the people who've had direct contact with this "other" reality (Jeff R, for example). Alongside them are the people who haven't had direct contact, but are faithfully researching, reproducing and printing the stories of these people for everyone else (like Ann Druffel). Those people are super-informed, so it's always interesting to hear their take on things as well.

But with someone like Bassett, if you're neither an experiencer nor a very informed investigator in the field, then you're pretty much just a ufology "celebrity". Sorta the less good-looking versions of the hollywood celebrities. Now that I think of it, a few parallels come to mind:

Steven Bassett - Tim Robbins (smug political activist)
Michael Horn - Tom Cruise (fanatical supporter for a bizarre religious cult)
Paola Harris - Paris Hilton (showing up at the right places, but not really doing anything constructive)

Add to the list if you can think of any others...

To play a bit of the devil's advocate here I think Basset does have a point.

If (and I mean if) the evil US Gub'mint has downed ET tech than you can in fact lay much of the blame for the creation of this "Intellectual Ghetto" at the feet of those that keep it secret.

This is in fact true given the assumption that some group holds hard, solid, irrefutable proof of the ET (or visitor, or space brothers, the trickster) presence on earth.

If the US held a big press conference saying that they have a downed Zeta Reticuli craft that operates given certain principles yadda yadda... the whole contactee/one armed bandit/Paola Hariss junk would be dismissed as nonsense and we'd get everything straitened out in relatively short order.

This is true.

However I think the initial assumption is off base. Consider the following:

1. Whatever they are they generally interact with individuals, not governments. To my knowledge there's been no landings on the white house lawn. They simply may not give a shit about our government, society, or culture. They may, however, be very interested with certain individuals... for whatever reason. A post-singularity civilization may not even understand what a government is.
  2. Whatever they are, they could end the secrecy this second if they chose. Decloak some "beamships" over the superbowl. They don't.
  3. I'd put even odds that the world governments know that something's up... but they don't have a foggiest notion of what it is. Consider:
    1. No new, novel methods of propulsion have been developed and are in use in the past 60 years (since the jet).
    2. No new, novel methods of killing people have been developed and are in general use in the past few hundred years since the invention of the gun... except for nukes which are 60+ years old.
    3. Post-singularity tech would probably be both quantum and nanotech in scale and use... and we probably won't even have the tech to examine it properly for quite a while. And even then it would probably take several scientific revolutions for it to begin to make sense. And even then... the tech may just be an extension of who they are as a potentially post-biological species and as such keyed to only work for them.
    4. Do you honestly believe that if the US had a "get out of jail free" tech to exit Iraq they wouldn't have used it?
Honestly, I think Basset will use any tool in his arsenal to try to get "Disclosure." This is akin to saying that the end justifies the means.

In my opinion, it would be more effective, efficient, and ethical to ensure that the tools he's using are credible -- and this credibility will hopefully rub off on his movement.

Do you honestly believe that if the US had a "get out of jail free" tech to exit Iraq they wouldn't have used it?

Thanks for the overall post. I know I'm discussing just one small part here. I hope I'm not taking it out of context. My answer to this particular question, though, is 'No.' It's just not a big enough war to worry about. It's a small war and a much-longer-than-anticipated insurgency. It does not justify bringing out the big guns or the big secrets. Without going into or discussing the controversial justification, morality, legality, or whatever of America's invasion of Iraq, the real reasons the country did so were two-fold. First, it wanted to insert the US into the Middle East in order to prevent a Muslim Caliphate that could seriously threaten American power. This included gutting Al Qaeda as a STRATEGIC threat. Secondly, it wanted to do so in a way that would keep oil flowing to the rest of the world without disruption. Both goals have been accomplished. It had little to do with so-called 'terrorism' or 'WMD' held or not held by Iraq itself. Those issues were largely irrelevant to the overall strategic goals of the US.

As such, (and assuming the government actually knows it HAS secret stuff) the US did not need to expose its most secret stuff any more than it needed to seriously consider nuclear weapons. Why pull out your concealed Glock, thereby revealing that you are packing, when a squirt or two of Mace will accomplish the job? I suspect (but, of course, I'm not certain) that this is the case here.

Also, you have to ask what kind of technology or secret weapons would have made the job easier. I mean, if the US had flown some super-secret triangular craft over Iraq, would this have been more effective than a B-1? Would it have stopped the insurgency cold? I think the answer is probably not. In that situation, Arabic Linguists would be more valuable assets. So, in conclusion, the US didn't reveal any super-secret stuff in Iraq because it didn't need to.

Back