• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I didn't see one so... March 1st 2009 show - S. Bassett.

ondafritz

Skilled Investigator
Ladies and gentlemen... I am dismayed by this guest. It is my humble opinion that this guest has become unhinged.

I'm listening to it now - sadly came in at the top of the second hour so I'll have to catch up on the podcast - but ... this guy is sounding like a world-class jagoff, as we Pittsburghers say.

I can see why you were frustrated, David. Ouch.

--Shawn

... wow. Just wow.

Seriously, he thinks a theory about 9/11 being caused by alien particle beams deserves consideration alongside others? This is the classic problem of having your mind so open that your brain falls out. Having conspiracy theories about 9/11 is one thing, but ... alien particle beams.

I feel I'm sadly going to have to chalk this up as another episode of "Gene and David unmask yet another idiot polluting the UFOlogical water." It is a fine thing that you guys accomplish, very fine; but it's sad that it so often seems to come to this.

--Shawn

I have not listened yet, but am looking forward to it. Oh, and hello everyone. Kipspritely is formerly Dolphtesla. I have missed it here.

If Basset ever tries to imagine what he sounds like to someone who isn't completely insane, one of us could be posting an article about the man offing himself. And then, of course, would come the conspiracy theories about it.

I am fascinated at how Basset infuses mythology into world politics. His ideas about geopolitics seem to arise out of a desperate need to keep his world view from shattering, rendering him and his life's work completely absurd and meaningless. Listening to him saddens me.

Still listening, I just arrived at the section where Bassett's credibility drops to absolute zero. Credibility is irrelevant to the disclosure process! Peckman, though he is demonstrably fraudulent, has a place in the disclosure process because he is an activist!

I've been listening to it for a while now and it's enormously free of content.
Why do I get the impression that he just says the first thing that comes into his head?

Mr. Biedny makes an interesting point. He asks does anyone really believe that credibility has no place in the disclosure movement or, for that matter, in any movement which alleges a concern for the truth in general. The implication is that Bassett himself doesn't really believe what he's saying in the show. Is Bassett, then, engaged in disinformation?

This makes me wonder about UFO conferences in general and what group or individuals are really running the show behind the scenes. What does this do and mean to the people who are generally serious and not promoting a bunch of crap. Actually I have wondered about this way before I even knew what the paracast was.

I actually thought David was being overly nice considering what kind spew came out of Basset's mouth! I am going to assume it has something to do what ever was said during the conversation you guys had at Jeremy's conference.

Kudos to Paracast! Great show.

Mr Bassett is clearly suffering from a severe case of delusional grandeur and I think he has lost his objectivity by hanging around other, well lack of a better word, LOSERS.

Bassett needs to realize that not all publicity is good publicity even more so when talking about ET

I'm listening now......what an idiot. I was motivated enough to register just so I could get in here and express my low opinion of this guy.

How is the analogy of taking a macbook back to the early 1900's and asking them to reverse engineer it not relevant????? :question::question:

This guy's a complete fool.

Wow. Just frakkin wow.

Does Bassett actually expect us to buy this crap? Im speaking specifically about the part where he loses it after David brings up Peckman at the X-con. This whole performance about how he cant know everything about a persons background and pleading ignorance is complete bullshit. Hes in the field! He knows that Peckman tried to claim an alien looking through a window video was legit!

This shit makes me so angry.

Best thing to come out of this show? David you tease! Now I dont want to trivialise it but man, it sounds like you saw something pretty mind blowingly amazing pretty close up.

Whew! Where to begin? Steven Bassett, when he first started out on disclosure, had to believe he would accomplish this task. As time went on and he was no closer to getting the government to admit to anything, did he just figure he had invested too much time and energy, that he had to keep going forward? He can't admit defeat now. He also has to know, it is about the personalities in this field. If someone is not credible, it brings all the others into a bad light. When you bring a host of questionable UFO researchers together, that really makes people question what this guy Bassett is up to. Gene and Dave tried to be respectful to Bassett, but I though he was going to blow a gasket a few times during the interview. That tells you where his mind is at. By the way, it seems to be a good time to get Brad Steiger back on the show. We need a bit of rational thought after Bassett's tirade.

I really like how he demands you understand that the government is the only one to blame for muddying the information by mixing bad pieces of info into the good, intentionally presenting a lie. Seems to me the silly bastard is doing the exact same thing. Mixing bad pieces in with the good to ultimately present an overall feeling of bullshit. Is he a disinformation agent? I doubt that highly. Is he bat-shit crazy? I also doubt that. So what the hell is he? A worn out soul, from the realization that his path is fruitless, yet refusing to acknowledge this because it has consumed so much of him for so long that to let go of it would leave him with nothing else, in a state of defeat that is unbearable, without credibility.

Well, I appreciated the interview, but that's because I wanted to hear what Steven Bassett had to say. I can't stand Biedny's style...but I'm always ready to give him a listen. At least though, Mr. Biedny gives himself "room to be wrong," which I personally think he often is.

Well, I appreciated the interview, but that's because I wanted to hear what Steven Bassett had to say. I can't stand Biedny's style...but I'm always ready to give him a listen. At least though, Mr. Biedny gives himself "room to be wrong," which I personally think he often is.
Often wrong? How so? If you're going to level a claim of that magnitude, please provide some details.

So tell us, zaneivy, what did you think of what Bassett had to say? Do you feel that people like Peckman offer value to the disclosure movement? Do you think that Alfred Webre is sane? Please, tell us what you thought about the interview.

dB

Back