• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

how can some people still think ufos are a threat?

W

wezzy

I often wonder why after all this time people still think that these UFOS and their occupants (mostly greys it seems) are dangerous or some sort of threat to humanity.

Yeah some of the "abduction" cases can be pretty frightening for those who are aware of it but aren't we as humans doing the exact same thing to other species?

Don't we catch and dissect/examine animals for scientific reasons too?
I'm sure in the eyes of the animals we would be seen as pretty "evil" too

So i don't see these abduction cases as them being hostile per say just researching our biology

what i'm getting at is...IF they wanted to destroy/enslave humanity and be the rulers of the earth or (insert alien invasion scenario here) wouldn't they have done so a long time ago?

Now if their technology is anywhere near what is being reported...and who knows how many thousands/millions of years they are ahead of us....what kind of weak little race of creatures would we be in their eyes?

wezzy said:
Now if their technology is anywhere near what is being reported...and who knows how many thousands/millions of years they are ahead of us....what kind of weak little race of creatures would we be in their eyes?

... Which is exactly what a lot of people are afraid of.

BTW, as far as I can tell, I have come pretty close to greys on a few occasions. If what I perceived really happened, then I would say that the greys are technologically hugely advanced, compared with us, but completely lack emotion. Imagine insects with an IQ of, what, 300? 500? Yet, they seem to regard us as the "little, dumb brothers" - as belonging to their extended family, but not to be taken too seriously.

Given the choice, I'd rather mix with ETs from a different background. So far, I haven't been given that choice (not that I am aware of, anyway).

Who is calling UFOs are a "threat"?
Not any governments I know of.. I haven't heard of anyone thinking UFOs are threatening. I don't think their plan is to shoot down all our planes. Now if we shoot at them, then I think sometimes they have retaliated.

David Jacobs is calling grays "The Threat". (published 1999)
Derrel Sims thinks Roswell was an act of deliberate espionage.
Then there are the conservative conspirators who I must admit have an interesting case:
StumbleUpon Video

(They include a good deal of interview with David Jacobs in that video btw, worth watching.)

Personally I don't think hybrid integration is all that super threatening; it's highly problematic having beings walking the streets with mind control and thought reading capabilities but maybe we can adjust..

I don't know if "threat" is the right term but I would argue that a lack of overt aggression is not the same as benificence.

wezzy said:
I often wonder why after all this time people still think that these UFOS and their occupants (mostly greys it seems) are dangerous or some sort of threat to humanity.

Stipulating to the reality of the whole thing, we probably should be a little cynical about their intent.

Just because they haven't hurt us (collectively) yet, doesn't mean they won't. What if they are waiting for us to reach 7 billion?

What if they are hurting us and we don't realize it?

What if the phenomena is entirely reconnaissance and the armada just isn't here yet?

wezzy said:

You raise a good question. but, in terms of "WE the people", I'd have to say that "WE" have not yet even acknowledged their existence. So, if the organized, global, political "we" don't acknowledge that UFOs are real, then there's no reason for "us" to really be concerned about the intentions of fantasy and science fiction.

The question of intent, is massive. But the question of acknowledgement, is first in line. Let's start with France, and go from there. :eek:

On the point of threat and danger, I think it's a reasonable way to approach this subject right now. Anything that we don't understand, is scary. And, we really don't understand this thing, at all.

Conceptually, you're probably right. Once we rise to the occassion, and develop deeper understanding about what may or may not be going on, perhaps we'll come to wiser, deeper conclusions on how we fit into this puzzle, and why. Maybe at that point, it will be less threatening, less scary.

But, perhaps we're not there yet. Perhaps, it's reasonable to look to the skies, with caution.:rolleyes:

UFO this UFO that..

This is a message board not a scientific peer group, a talk show or a book. There's no big reason to be hesitant throwing out wild speculation.
I happen to think that there's something to this hybrid integration plan.
This is what the grays have been preparing for with 50+ years of genetic, medical and training experiments.

These UFOs don't just fly around and observe, the occupants
!!DO CRAP!!
!WITH PEOPLE!

I'm of the educated opinion that spacecraft of unknown origin are visiting and abduction is a reality.

From what I know of grays if they tell you something after you ask a question chances are they are full of crap. However if they sit you down in front of a screen day by day and point out hybrids with humans asking "Can you tell the difference?". And such things having to do with human and hybrid integration. I think those people who have experienced it, have more than just speculation of the agenda.

There wasn't any public sharing by investigators that this was going on till around 1999 btw and they knew it since the mid 80s. ..and when you've got multiple reputable abduction investigators all finding the same exact thing starting to occur among dozens of abductees in multiple countries some without needing memory retrieval. It's highly corroborating anecdotal evidence.

So we do have an idea on a large part of some UFO occupants agenda: That is to create hybrids for integration or espionage on our planet. They are likely in the process of carrying out that plan as we speak. So people can stop pretending we humans have no idea at all of what the UFO occupants are doing. There are some good educated guesses based on the loads of corroborating anecdotal evidence.. And it will always be anecdotal. That will never change, it can't change because knowing an agenda isn't even based on testable science it's a corroboration of anecdotal evidence. Just as I have anecdotal evidence that George W. Bush says that:
"..Humans and Fish can coexist peacefully."

Of course nothing here can be proven beyond doubt but UFO abductions are not some complete enigma without any consistency. We do have corroborating testimonial evidence to analyze and neglecting talking about it doesn't help us understand the UFO occupants more. Sure we still don't know where pretty much any of the UFOs come from but if they are from another star system, how in the heck are they going to show us where exactly that is?
and why would they want to tell us where that is?
What good will that do?
Ultimately what does it matter; if we can't go there?
And if we had the technology to go there, would they want us there carrying out spy missions on them?
.. armed with weapons as we surely would be?
Nonsense.

The key is that they are vastly intelligent and NOT US not where they come from. Other than the fact that it would be very interesting to know if interstellar travel was definitely possible or multi-verse travel or both. Knowing where they come from isn't all that ultra important.

:eek: threat. what is a threat? when it comes to UFOs and aliens, its hard to say. flying over our bases count as a threat, the fact that they will not contact us? Taking people in the night, unwilling? Is it wrong for us to take some one in real life and then cut them open and anal probe them? Its how you look at it. Are they a threat or is it scientific curiosity . Where dose one draw the line? We could be just animal to them, we tag animals, so are we just like them when its all said and done?

They are coming down here and take our people with out asking, put stuff in our bodies and fly over some of our bases, that we don't even have the power to see.? So are they a threat. Yes, in my mind they are. They are unknown, if they are indeed studying us then 50+ years they should know what we are like as a people, our laws, how our country works, so on and so forth. If I had 50+ years to studied a society I would know enough to live with them to some degree. Humans are not perfect, we have laws and we are people that can think for them self's, so the question is how would you like to be treated? so you want to be tagged? Dose an animal want to be tagged?

Welcome to Threat or No-Threat?

I'm your host, Farside. Ready? Here we go:

Farside said:
flying over our bases count as a threat

um, threat.

Farside said:
the fact that they will not contact us?

Yeah, threat on that one to, FS!

Farside said:
Taking people in the night, unwilling?

Don't like the sound of that. I say threat.

Farside said:
cut them open and anal probe them?

oooo. Owwie. That sure doesn't sound like much fun. Threat, definitely yes, I vote THREAT!

Farside said:
They are coming down here and take our people with out asking

How rude! Threat!

Farside said:
put stuff in our bodies

Like nachos? oh, no. Yes. Threat!

Farside said:
fly over some of our bases, that we don't even have the power to see.?

You mean Aunt Mildred poking her head over the fence, or like that invisible reptilian thing from the Schwartnegger movie in the 80s, that killed all those paratroopers? Schwartenegger flick?. Oh, yeah Mildreds harmless, the snoopy neighbor that she is, but that reptilian Schwartenegger thing? Um, HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO....THREAT!!!

Farside said:
so you want to be tagged?

Personally, ah...Nope. No tagging for me. THREAT!

How'd I do Farside? 8 out of 8?

That's Farside 8, Utopian Grey Lovequest, zero. :cool: 2COOL4U :cool:

Well they kidnap people and break into homes. Seems kinda threatening to me. One of the leading abduction researchers has a book out called "the Threat". Maybe check it out.

Yes we do similar things to other species. We are a threat to them and the enviroment often enough.

I think one needs to keep things in perspective. The greys don't come here and shoot at us, or eat us. They don't. Their agenda is quite different, as has been mentioned earlier. They are mainly interested in our genetic pool, both human and animal. They extract genetic material, and use it for engineering and cloning purposes.

Apart from that, we are of little interest to them. They seem to realise that they cause a lot of fear when they show up on Earth, so they keep themselves at a distance, most of the time - a bit similar to human researchers who keep themselves distant from wild monkeys, in order to not upset their social interactions, and general well-being.

musictomyears said:
I think one needs to keep things in perspective. The greys don't come here and shoot at us, or eat us. They don't. Their agenda is quite different, as has been mentioned earlier. They are mainly interested in our genetic pool, both human and animal. They extract genetic material, and use it for engineering and cloning purposes.

Says who? 'Cuz I can quickly point you to other people who say they DO shoot us AND eat us. Also extract our hormonal fluids for recreational use. And kidnap children for the amusement of (and for consumption by) their reptilian masters.

Depends on who you believe now doesn't it?

CapnG said:
Says who? 'Cuz I can quickly point you to other people who say they DO shoot us AND eat us. Also extract our hormonal fluids for recreational use. And kidnap children for the amusement of (and for consumption by) their reptilian masters.
Depends on who you believe now doesn't it?

Who says they eat us?
Kidnap children for "amusement"?

Single crazy people on the internets don't count.
The grays and their variations don't seem to..

There's another type of visitor with blackish brown skin that have been seen eating us and with human body parts laying over the ship.

Lets see:
Bud Hopkins - 700+ cases
No
David Jacobs - 1000+
No
Derrel Simms - 500+?
No
John Mack -
No
John Carpenter - 100+
No
Raymond Fowler -
Don't think so..
Karla Turner -
No
Anne Druffel
Don't think so..
Thomas Bullard -
Don't think so..
He's a second hand researcher but what I read from him was decent and he looked at 300 abduction reports.

Who?

A.LeClair said:
Well they kidnap people and break into homes. Seems kinda threatening to me. One of the leading abduction researchers has a book out called "the Threat". Maybe check it out.

Yes we do similar things to other species. We are a threat to them and the enviroment often enough.

Thats my point we do similar things...its probably just a bunch of aliens having orders to come to earth and study the species here.

How can you study the biology of a human or any other animal without abducting them and examining them on a table (what pretty much all abductees describe)

Also these ufo crafts these discs seem to be more like observation craft then anything else.
Who knows what their equivalent of a "warship" is like.

And why would they bring back abductees alive and well?
WHO will punish them of they don't?...certainly not us

The fact that they keep people alive shows me they aren't any threat whatsoever.

I mean think about this guys put your human ego aside for a moment.
These beings have the potential to do anything they want with this planet and our species and we would be absolutely POWERLESS against it.

Yet for all these decades/centuries they continue to leave us alone and be independent (for the most part).

They could just a easily take over earth right now and take millions of humans for research and hybrid creation or anything else they desire.
There is no reason that i can think of why they use the tactics they do today other then that they are peaceful.

The Hawk said:
Single crazy people on the internets don't count.

Why not? What makes the people you cite more credible? None of them have any tangible proof. As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason to take Hopkin's word over someone else's. Besides, how do you know Hopkins isn't purposefully omitting those accounts which he finds questionable? The man's got books to sell, wouldn't want to scare off the fan base...

The Hawk said:
The grays and their variations don't seem to..
There's another type of visitor with blackish brown skin that have been seen eating us and with human body parts laying over the ship.

Not familiar with these black/brown types but I have certainly read accounts and descriptions of greys "painting" a paste onto their skin which is derived from human blood in order to "eat".

The Hawk said:

I don't know them all by name. Phil Schneider would be one I can remember. Oddly enough, most of the folks who come out with these highly negative accounts of alien interaction tend to wind up dead for some reason...

The Hawk said:
Who says they eat us?
Kidnap children for "amusement"?

David Icke comes to mind. Thinks Bush is a reptilian that eats people.... I've heard others but can't recall their names. I have better things to keep in my brain. Like Furbies and chipped paint.

Jacobs has worked with over 700 abductees? I wasn't aware of this.

In order to say no, you would have to be familiar with all those cases. Or, heard those researchers say no to that particular inquiry.

A.LeClair said:
In order to say no, you would have to be familiar with all those cases. Or, heard those researchers say no to that particular inquiry.

You'd also have to operate under the assumption that the aliens are being up front with the abductees and not hiding this sort of thing from them.

musictomyears said:

Apart from that, we are of little interest to them. They seem to realise that they cause a lot of fear when they show up on Earth, so they keep themselves at a distance, most of the time - a bit similar to human researchers who keep themselves distant from wild monkeys, in order to not upset their social interactions, and general well-being.

we are of little interest to them. how do you know that? have you talked them face to face. the "greys" for one we dont know if "greys" or any other name put forth is in fact Ture. some one dose not have to shoot at me or eat me to be a threat we dont know if they are interested inour genetic pool human or animal, we dont know if they are engineering or cloning us to understand us. we think that they would be interested in out genetic pool we think dose not really count. all we have theorys baseded off what people say.

Back