• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hoagland versus Zubrin

Free episodes:

Anaximander

Skilled Investigator

Hey fellas,

The other night Buzz Aldrin, Dick Hoagland and Bob Zubrin were all on Snoory's show talking about space.

After the Colonel left the airwaves Hoagland and Zubrin got to talking about the space program. Things were going well at first, but then this one thing led to another and pretty soon Hoagland started....

...well let's just say he started embarrassing himself.

Starts at 8:00 :

And continues here:

Zubrin is one cool dude. You could almost hear him cringe as Hoagland rambles on about Phobos artificiality, but after what I just heard I'd say he kept his cool quite well.

Yeah it seems Hoaglands mind is so open that all these things that are a possibility to us are a probability to Richard.

Hoxland never changes, im so tired of all his pending disclosure. Now i remember why i stopped listenimg to this guy. Hoaxies was getting down right rude. Thanks for the entertaining clip anaximander.

I don't know why Richard Hoagland thinks Phobos is artificial - there doesn't seem to be anything to back up his claim.

I have looked at plenty of surface images of Phobos and I have never seen anything that would allow me to be so sure of artificiality as Dick is.

And him saying, "look at all the stunning rectilinear features" just doesn't do it for me. As soon as one gets in close, those "blatant indicators of artificiality" turn out to be terrain features and naturally formed grooves and streaks. All the bearded persuasion in the world couldn't turn that rock into an alien spaceship.

*Of all the images I've seen of Phobos during my long hours of endless, rewardless, soul-sucking, mind-melting research, this thing right here is the closest I've come to seeing of anything artificial on the surface (apart from that curious monolith), but even still this looks natural:

Edit: Dana, you are most welcome. And you are right, Hoagland was downright rude to that man; it was a sorry display.

Did you see how he tried to force his way into the Mars Society Conference by putting Zubrin on the spot. Then Snoory goes and further encourages him in his ungentlemenly behaviour by also pressuring Zubrin.

Hoagland just went down another peg as far as I'm concerned.

P.S. & FWI : If you listen to the show starting in the third hour, that is when Hoagland and Zubrin start talking. The parts I posrted are from the first half of the final hour.

I think it is important to remember that Hoagland is not a scientist. He is a pseudo-scientist who plays a scientist in the faux-reality talk show and conference circuit. He is an entertainer and a performer. He may actually believe his own B.S., and I suspect that he does. And he just kills me with all the name dropping he does and B.T.W. his "old pal" Gene Rodenberry didn't write that episode.

Why would he have to think whether to allow an uncredentialed pretend scientist speak at his conference? Gee ... I dunno! Maybe he values his credibility and the credibility of his conference.

Why would he have to think whether to allow an uncredentialed pretend scientist speak at his conference? Gee ... I dunno! Maybe he values his credibility and the credibility of his conference.

Haha, you're gonna love this one mate,

Hoagland was on his facebook page last night telling his fans the Zubrin was being unscientific and that their argument shows us all who "the real scientist" is - Richard Hoagland.

Here is the screencap of Hoagland declaring himself "The REAL Scientist":

*Nevermind scientists, I think we all know who 'the REAL Jackass' is....

Haha, you're gonna love this one mate,

Hoagland was on his facebook page last night telling his fans the Zubrin was being unscientific and that their argument shows us all who "the real scientist" is - Richard Hoagland.

Here is the screencap of Hoagland declaring himself "The REAL Scientist":

*Nevermind scientists, I think we all know who 'the REAL Jackass' is....

This is just hilarious :D

I just listened to the "Space Show" & frankly Hoagland's behaviour was embarrassing, the man is a clown. What struck me though was Noory's total unprofessionalism in failing to moderate the debate, letting Hoagland talk all over Zubrin, while Zubrin civilly spoke in turn. The fact that Hoaglands assertions about Phobos are borderline nuts only made it worse.

It seems like Noory was hardly even following the debate, but what's new? Punnet is better but Knapp is the true successor to Art Bell in my view, however he may not want the gig full time. With Gene & The Paracast team upping their game & going terrestrial you could easily attract some of the Art Bell C2C audience (as long as the jokes aren't too corny Gene!). Detailed intelligent debate & challenging proposals are what makes radio interesting & that is something The Paracast and Dark Matters can do well.

Hoagland is truly embarrassing, I really had to force myself to keep listening to that train wreck. The night that show aired I actually went to Zubrin's website and sent him an email praising his restraint, and I've never contacted any of the guests before lol

I can't believe Hoagland claimed victory hahahaha.. oh wait, never mind, I can

Back