• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hoagland on DMR

Free episodes:

Goggs Mackay

Administrator
Staff member
Been listening to a classic repeat episode of Dark Matters Radio (DMR). It's an episode of Don's previous night-time UFO show from the 90's and features Richard Hoagland.

Firstly, and because Hoagland is very shy and not at all self-publicising :rolleyes:, you must learn that Dick used to be Walter Cronkike's 'science advisor'. Oh, and Dick was 'a colleague' or Arthur C. Clarke. I inform you because it's not like Hoagland is gonna tell you himself and he is certainly not going to do that repeatedly on big paranormal radio/podcast.

Anyway, got sidetracked cos I like taking the piss of Hoagland. BUT, to be fair, I don't think every single thing Hoagland has done re. Transient Lunar Phenomena and the possibility of artificiality in Cydonia.
I think Hoagland makes some very good reasoned arguments and there is some undeniable geometric relationships between supposedly artificial objects. There is no smoking gun and nothing near proof for a court of law. There is however AMPLE evidence to indicate that there are a few areas on Mars we need to have a much better look at. There are photos from recent missions in which the resolution is good and there seems to be minimal photographic artefacts (no-one official seems to be arguing that there is a problem with any photos from recent mapping missions).

A few places that warrant further investigation are:

There is a seemingly bottomless hole that is huge. It has an almost perfectly circular 'entrance' on the Martian surface and it is a decent size.

Areas that really LOOK like vegetation. Even if the explanation is totally mundane we don't yet know it and there is nothing on earth of that scale that looks so organic viewed from a great height.

Those 'tubes' that look like something manufactured but also NATURAL, or at least something that looks like it's from nature - such as the perfection of a honeycomb, which you can tell is constructed but by a 'natural' process. These 'tubes' - whatever they actually are, are like nothing on earth. We should be madly looking at them especially if they are natural cos I'm sure they could be used here! There could be some new way of creating tunnels that are super-strong and replaceable etc! Whatever they are, they are most certainly not at all earthly and could teach us a LOT.

Cydonia - At the very least an interesting area. There does seem to be some kind of design to the whole plain with some interesting angles and relationships that could just be coincidence. I was most interested hearing that a computer program used by the military, that gives odds that something in an image is natural or not, was used on images of the Cydonia plain.
The face was like off the scale for artificiality. I'd like to see that work done again by someone unconnected to Hoagland as a check (although I also believe that humans are very well hard-wired to spot other human faces and children supposedly immediately recognise 'the face' as a face. Unscientific but interesting).

Anyway, this episode reminded me that in the past, Richard Hoagland seemed to be a very serious researcher with work to back up his assertions. But now, it's like he has the fame disease and he has to generate crap to keep himself current and on C2C and the lecture circuit. If it sounds like he just made most of it up it's probably because that's exactly what he did!
As soon as he mentions anything 'hyperdimensional' I cringe. I don't know of any proper work on this so I cannot take it seriously considering I have a degree in physics and it's a subject I actively like. I am willing to believe there may be ways to bend the laws of nature etc but I don't think it's been patented by The Enterprise Mission and I don't know where all this 'knowledge' is supposed to have come from? Photos of planets in the solar system? Is that where all this fantastic-sounding 'hyperdimensional physics' originated? I mean, I could be wrong and ill-informed and everyone knows about it?

Hoagland has either genuinely lost the plot or is a far more ruthless and cunning man than I would have given him credit for. I think there has been work done by Dick that he does believe in and that's probably fine but I know fine that all this shit in the last years is crap he invented. It looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck....

Fantastic show though. (The Bob Lazar episode is great too - there are still outstanding niggles about that whole affair)

Take a look at this: THE D&M PYRAMID ON MARS AND RICHARD HOAGLAND'S THEORIES ABOUT CYDONIA

Most of Hoagland's geometric and mathematical relationships are not at all remarkable and you can find similar "relationships" in almost any system of random numbers. Of course, this doesn't mean that the face isn't artificial, just that the mathematical relationships he proposes to prove it's artificial are bunk. I hope, someday, we'll get our priorities straight as a society and we'll go to Mars. Just imagine, given how much our technology was advanced by our efforts to get to the Moon, just how large a leap we might make in developing a system that could get us to Mars and back.

I keep wondering if we should book this guy on The Paracast, and we actually moved in that direction during the first year. But it never came to pass, and I still wonder, though not to the extent that I have bothered to follow through.

I keep wondering if we should book this guy on The Paracast, and we actually moved in that direction during the first year. But it never came to pass, and I still wonder, though not to the extent that I have bothered to follow through.

I would love to hear what he has to say about the article I posted. Don tried to get him to respond to it on Facebook but I'm assuming it was a no-go. I'd also love to hear him expound on just what the hell "hyperdimensional" physics and "torsion" fields are. It would definitely be an interesting episode, that's for sure.

Hoagland will know the Paracast is not going to be the same as C2C. I've love to hear someone tackle him over all this 'physics'.

That would be a great one.

Hoagland should be on the wish-list of any self-respecting paranormal show - it's how he is questioned or not that will matter.

Gene book the guy! Then give us at least 2 weeks warning so we can come up with some hard hitting questions. Then grill him hold his feet to the fire! Do it for the truth!

THE TRUTH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

I am with you, it would be great to get him but I put the chances of him accepting an invitation at less than 1%.

Back