• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hello, and any help for a psychologist regarding resources?

Dude, I'm sure that you'd argue that the sun rises in the West...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, I'm sure that you'd argue that the sun rises in the west...
Nope - I'm showing you a picture of the Sun rising in the east, and you're arguing that it's a lie. I'm still waiting for that alternative body language analysis that disagrees with Dr. Brown's assessment. Go ahead, I'll wait.

It must be really frustrating have nothing but ill-tempered accusations without a single shred of evidence to support any of them, huh?

Nope - I'm showing you a picture of the Sun rising in the east, and you're arguing that it's a lie. I'm still waiting for that alternative body language analysis that disagrees with Dr. Brown's assessment. Go ahead, I'll wait.

It must be really frustrating have nothing but ill-tempered accusations without a single shred of evidence to support any of them, huh?

What has been displayed is an apparition of your hope and desires based on unsubstantiated facts.

Keep dreaming ..., and perhaps one day your dream may come true...

BTW, let's not forget who the onus really belongs to ;)

Let's not get side tracked. No one should feel compelled to provide any user their personal contact information.

The guy who started this thread stated he is looking into the side-effects of disclosure (or something to the effect) before requesting reading suggestions. Just because he mentioned he is a psychologist, he now has to provide his personal contact information before he can inquire about a topic related to disclosure? Really?

SRL is arguing, "well yes, because he might not really be a doctor...so we need to be sure he is, before we give him information...."

Why? Even if he is lying and is not a real doctor, then he won't have any real patients, so no one would be at risk.

Now let's assume for instance he is doctor, and is approaching his investigation honestly. Well, in that case, he is the expert and can work in the data at his discretion. Certainly, it wouldn't be up to someone on the Paracast to dictate how a doctor runs his practice.

The egos around here are laughable. No one requesting information about disclosure needs to contact anyone with their personal information. It is totally frivolous and would do nothing to safeguard anything, other than a handful of people's very large ego!

If I had only known ...
Then again, some would say sure in providing some information, or, the thread may simply linger, and fade away.
This is truly a first.
This individual may be totally fine, any other time I really wouldn't care.
It started out as a simple request stated pleasantly, without any type of demand. For all they know I may have been inquiring about hypnotic regression, but then ....

If I had only known ...
Then again, some would say sure in providing some information, or, the thread may simply linger, and fade away.
This is truly a first.
This individual may be totally fine, any other time I really wouldn't care.
It started out as a simple request stated pleasantly, without any type of demand. For all they know I may have been inquiring about hypnotic regression, but then ....
Fair enough,the forums have become a bit spiky recently,I’m certainly as much to blame as anyone but I’ve just come back off a lovely relaxing break and I’m trying to keep this harmonious feeling I currently have!

Hi everyone, I am a psychologist in private practice and I've been following the To the Stars Academy/Tom Delonge disclosure work. I have been thinking a great deal about how to best help my patients and communities I serve deal with these evolving topics. I have found very little in the way of professional, scientific research regarding the psychology of disclosure as it addresses the psychological and emotional changes and difficulties it represents. Would anyone have suggested reading material toward these ends?

The problem with this sort of request is that the scientific community has largely dismissed the UFO phenomenon as worthy of serious study, or worse yet have made it the target of ridicule and attack by their skeptical sub-culture. So serious studies by professional scientists at arm's length from the subject is fairly rare. While it is true that there is a lot of nonsense associated with people's belief in alien visitation, as well as outright fabrications, at the core, there remains an objective reality to the phenomenon. You'll have to pick your way through this and use your own best judgement on what seems reasonable and what doesn't. Below are a few places you might want to start:

- After Disclosure: A.D. After Disclosure: The People's Guide to Life After Contact by Richard M. Dolan
Dolan graduated from Alfred University with a Bachelor of Arts in English and history in 1984 and subsequently earned a Master of Arts in history from the University of Rochester in 1995. Dolan also received a certificate in political ideologies from Exeter College, Oxford. Bryce H. Zabel (born May 17, 1954) is an American television producer, director, writer, and occasional actor

- Abduction: Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens by John E. Mack
John Edward Mack M.D. (October 4, 1929 – September 27, 2004) was an American psychiatrist, writer, and professor at Harvard Medical School

- Searching for Life in the Universe: What Does it Mean for Humanity? Searching for Life in the Universe: What Does it Mean for Humanity? Webcast | Library of Congress
- How will humanity react to alien life? Psychologists have some predictions: How will humanity react to alien life? Psychologists have some predictions.
- What Psychology Can Tell You About Your Extraterrestrial Beliefs: What Psychology Can Tell You About Your Extraterrestrial Beliefs
- The discovery of alien life may be close. How will religion survive it? The discovery of alien life may be close. How will religion survive it? | Santhosh Mathew
- Encountering Life in the Universe: Ethical Foundations and Social Implications of Astrobiology Encountering Life in the Universe: Ethical Foundations and Social Implications of Astrobiology on JSTOR
- Declaration of Principles Concerning Activities Following the Detection of Extraterrestrial Intelligence: IAA SETI Permanent Committee: Post-Detection Protocols

★ Futurological Reflections on the Confrontation of Mankind with an Extraterrestrial Civilization: http://www.astrosociology.com/Library/PDF/Contributions/SETIandConsequences_ENG.pdf

Sorry to welcome myself to the community by asking for assistance, but I figured the best way to start a conversation was to do so from a place of transparency. Thanks for reading!
CJ
Welcome and no need for apologies. It's good to have professional people interested in the subject.

Last edited:
Just think if Philip Imbrogno were allowed to carry on.

Phil Imbrogno was speaking at UFO conferences, writing books and peddling a fake bio. This guy is doing nothing close to that, he asked for a few recommendations about disclosure. Get a hold of yourself.

Phil Imbrogno was speaking at UFO conferences, writing books and peddling a fake bio. This guy is doing nothing close to that, he asked for a few recommendations about disclosure. Get a hold of yourself.

Oh.., I’ve already forgot about this bickering hours & hours ago. This is simply a forum as you suggested, and you are correct. Now it’s time to move on to bigger & better things, and leave the nonsense behind.

Speaking of transparency, if you wouldn't mind, please send me a private message with your contact information.
The Paracast promises member privacy, so although I appreciate the underlying spirit of asking for credentials, and admire professionals who are willing to stand and be counted for their interest in the subject, I can also see why others would caution against it. Ultimately the decision is up to the member. Perhaps it might have been a better approach to try sending a private message and establishing a rapport first rather than just asking outright? Maybe it would even be a good idea to have a couple of people working behind the scenes to help people who claim to be professionals become acquainted with the field.

We ourselves know how off the rails these discussion forums can get. Anyway, I just posted information that might be helpful to anyone interested in the subject whether they're a psychologist or not. It's a good thread to do that on, so my suggestion would be to do our best to put some good info up here that might be useful, and let us be the ones to show that we're the ones deserving of trust first. That's not the same as an endorsement of anyone's credentials or intent. It just seems to be a more tactful way of handling the situation than spooking someone off who may very well be legit with a request for personal information.

Now if at some point down the road that information is turned into a lecture tour through ufo land under the banner of professional psychology, then that's a whole other story. I'd also want to see some credentials, and I imagine they'd be fairly easy to get. Plus if Mack could do it, so can anyone. Then again I suppose he had tenure. A person in private practise may be more vulnerable. Lastly I remember trying to make the point that anonymity doesn't guarantee credibility anyway because it can lead to mistaken identities and false assumptions that could conceivably damage a person's reputation anyway. I used Koi as a possible example and was attacked just for that. It's a touchy subject.

Last edited:
In not having any immediate desire to dive back into this particular mosh pit, as already mentioned, it was a simple request, which more than likely is now trending on Google.

In not having any immediate desire to dive back into this particular mosh pit, as already mentioned, it was a simple request, which more than likely is now trending on Google.
Mosh pit ... lol. I just wanted you to know someone appreciated your intent without catching an elbow myself .

The Paracast promises member privacy, so although I appreciate the underlying spirit of asking for credentials, and admire professionals who are willing to stand and be counted for their interest in the subject, I can also see why others would caution against it. Ultimately the decision is up to the member. Perhaps it might have been a better approach to try sending a private message and establishing a rapport first rather than just asking outright? Maybe it would even be a good idea to have a couple of people working behind the scenes to help people who claim to be professionals become acquainted with the field.

We ourselves know how off the rails these discussion forums can get. Anyway, I just posted information that might be helpful to anyone interested in the subject whether they're a psychologist or not. It's a good thread to do that on, so my suggestion would be to do our best to put some good info up here that might be useful, and let us be the ones to show that we're the ones deserving of trust first. That's not the same as an endorsement of anyone's credentials or intent. It just seems to be a more tactful way of handling the situation than spooking someone off who may very well be legit with a request for personal information.

Now if at some point down the road that information is turned into a lecture tour through ufo land under the banner of professional psychology, then that's a whole other story. I'd also want to see some credentials, and I imagine they'd be fairly easy to get. Plus if Mack could do it, so can anyone. Then again I suppose he had tenure. A person in private practise may be more vulnerable. Lastly I remember trying to make the point that anonymity doesn't guarantee credibility anyway because it can lead to mistaken identities and false assumptions that could conceivably damage a person's reputation anyway. I used Koi as a possible example and was attacked just for that. It's a touchy subject.

Totally fair position.

Not really, SRL. I have no desire to harm anyone in any way. And as I mentioned, it's all public record. *shrug* I just want to help my patients process and understand this. Hell, I want to understand this.
CJ

Back