• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hello all. I'm 16 and extreamly interested!

shaDoW_FOX

Paranormal Novice
Hello as i said i am very interested in the ufo Phenomenon . I have never seen one but look for hours at a time. Also i have studied many videos and are wandering if someone could help me on how to see one. Thanks everyone. :>

Welcome, Shadow Fox. Your interest in UFOs is commendable.

I might suggest a couple of really interesting websites:

www.ufoevidence.org

www.ufowatchdog.com

The former is a kind of collection of purported UFO evidence. The latter is a valuable website run by a fellow who makes sure folks who lie and fabricate evidence about UFOs (and some other phenomena) are brought to light.

Perhaps someone on the board can recommend some good books?

If Mr. Steinberg is monitoring this thread, might he suggest the Saucer Smear fellow's book on the history of ufology? I'm away from home now and can't remember the author or the specific title.

What about "UFOs and the National Security State?" That might make for some interesting reading.

hopeful skeptic said:
If Mr. Steinberg is monitoring this thread, might he suggest the Saucer Smear fellow's book on the history of ufology? I'm away from home now and can't remember the author or the specific title.

What about "UFOs and the National Security State?" That might make for some interesting reading.

Moseley's book is "Shocking Close to the Truth." It's the best study I've read of the UFO culture, as opposed to the UFOs themselves.

Thank you Mr steinberg and everyone who replyed i'll make sure i check out those titles suggested. P.S. Can't get enough of the podcast.

tomlevine1 said:
Gene, sounds like you're creating another Paracast Junkie!

Gene Steinberg is "the pusher"! lol

It's too bad (for me) his other show seems to be heavily Mac based. I don't own a Mac, or I'd listen to it too.

shadow fox,

Welcome to these forums, and thanks for listening to our show.

I'm curious, how do other people your age feel about these topics? Do you talk about this stuff with your friends, or generally keep it to yourself?

dB

The UFO Evidence, Vols. I and II by Dick Hall is a must-read for anyone even remotely interested in the subject.

Most anything by J. Allen Hynek and Jacques Vallee.

The UFO Encyclopedia, by Jerry Clark.

Those are all good places to start.

Of course, Moseley's book is probably the best if you're more interested in the UFO subculture.

Finally, I would recommend UFO Updates, which for a decade has been the premier UFO discussion board for most of ufology's big names. www.virtuallystrange.net/ and follow the link.

Paul

A.LeClair said:
tomlevine1 said:
Gene, sounds like you're creating another Paracast Junkie!

Gene Steinberg is "the pusher"! lol

It's too bad (for me) his other show seems to be heavily Mac based. I don't own a Mac, or I'd listen to it too.

Too bad. You might discover something worth having :)

Shadow Fox. I recommend that you immediately learn how to laugh. So with all of the titles these well educated people have suggested, I implore you to read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It makes about as much sense as some of the garbage out there you will be confronted with.

Read Richard Dolan's "UFOs and the National Security State: Chronology of a Coverup."

Read "Uninvited Guests" by Richard Hall.

Read "The UFO Controversy in America," by David Jacobs.

Don't watch videos, for Christ's sake. There are very few good UFO documentaries. Read, damnit. Keep your head away from the TV. It will only warp and control your free-thinking mind.

Read BOOKS!

Timothy Good has written some important works and has published many interviews with various interesting people.

Shadowfox, as a high schooler and soon to be college student, try to convince your teachers at every opportunity to let you tailer assignments in some fashion that allows you to incorporate aspects of your personal interests. It's cool that you found this paracast, as it's very informative and entertaining and I think fairly cutting-edge.

Talk to your friends as well, they're young enough to still be impressionable and open-minded.

Richard Dolan's book is an excellent overview and gives you a lot of solid historical information.

Just be ready to deal with people who won't be willing to give you the time of day about these subjects.

paulkimball said:
The UFO Evidence, Vols. I and II by Dick Hall is a must-read for anyone even remotely interested in the subject.

Most anything by J. Allen Hynek and Jacques Vallee.

The UFO Encyclopedia, by Jerry Clark.

Those are all good places to start.

Of course, Moseley's book is probably the best if you're more interested in the UFO subculture.

Finally, I would recommend UFO Updates, which for a decade has been the premier UFO discussion board for most of ufology's big names. www.virtuallystrange.net/ and follow the link.

Paul

Primo recommendations Paul! ( I didn't know you cared!;) )

Back