• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Having a shit day? When only devastatingly cute kittens will do

Gareth

Nothin' to see here

*keep your eye on the little grey guy second from the right. We have ourselves a little go-getter right there I think.

hehe. Glad to be of service guys.

rusty I havent missed your PM, its just getting a little late and my eyes are doing that whole blurry thing.

lol!

Cats faces are so brilliantly expressive. Being a hardcore dog person the Internet is educating me on what people love about cats. And Im getting to the point where I would love a little kitten roaming around the house.

I love all animals really anyway. Nothing better than going to a zoo or an animal park IMO.

cats rule!

I had, until last year, four lilac point siamese: Grandmother, two kids, granddaughter. I've had lots of cats in my life, and until I had siamese I thought I knew cats, and 'Cat' (the language). I'd never been hurt by a cat. But these guys set me straight in a hurry. First, they have faces like greys. Second, they are waaaaay too smart. I had to put baby locks on all my cupboards. They triangulated on my dog and tried to take him out. They are NOISY and opinionated about everything. One of them, the male (I kid you not!) could play hearts by touching the right card to lay down. (Hey! You believe David saw something strange in S. America? I SAW this with my own eyes.) They have a language of their own that is much more complex than most cats. Once in awhile they would throw out a 'word' I didn't know and I would say to my wife, "I thought I knew Cat." And if you mess with them, you will die. Ouch! They were named Epicenter, Iridium, Hurricane, and Ricochet--for a very good reason.

You have a herd of cows, a flock of geese, a murder of crows, and..... a hassle of siamese.

Sadly, there is only one left. I sure miss 'em. The house is so much quieter now.

I had, until last year, four lilac point siamese: ..... a hassle of siamese.

Sadly, there is only one left. I sure miss 'em. The house is so much quieter now.

I once had a pregnant chocolate point with long hair, probably a himalayan if somebody can figure it out, and she would take a small superball up the stairs and drop it down, and chase it, then catch it and start over at the top again. She also loved to play catch, and would bring the superball back to me so I could toss it again.

Her kittens were very lightly striped grey over cream, with the full siamese points in darker grey.

The mom wasn't a long-term thing, she had been found in a garbage dump of all places, and I said I would keep her until she had her kittens. Finding her a good home was soooo easy, but it took ages to find a home for her litter, of which I kept two.

Anyway, I am now highly allergic to cats, buy I still love them, and still think they rule!!!

is it an established fact (as mush as possible anyway) that cats are smarter than dogs? They sure seem that way.

Im a hardcore dog person and never has a cat in my life, but Im thinking it would be kinda cool to have a cat around the place.

is it an established fact (as mush as possible anyway) that cats are smarter than dogs? They sure seem that way.

Not really. no. Dogs are more social and way better at doing social things. Since they hunt animals which are bigger than they are, they hunt in packs. Cats are loners and usually hunt alone, but they are far more dexterous with their paws. If you look around the net you'll see that most animal behaviorists will say dogs are more intelligent--or they won't go there at all, saying that to compare cats and dogs is meaningless because they are so different.

In my experience, my hassle of siamese behaved much more like dogs than normal cats. They DID hunt together and were extremely social. Of course, they were all related closely to each other, so this may have been part of it. Now that the others are gone Hurricane, the one left, is still extrmely social and wants to hang with you constantrly--just like a dog would.

Back