• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Have Each Thread Open in New Window

Free versions of recent episodes:

campfiregirl

Paranormal Novice
I'm a big Paracast fan, but new to the forums. I'm thinking that it would be easier to navigate if each thread opened in a new window..??

I'm a big Paracast fan, but new to the forums. I'm thinking that it would be easier to navigate if each thread opened in a new window..??
Honestly, I think it would be disturbing. Someone who opens lots of threads would find themselves inundated with new windows or tabs. Too many tabs may make some browsers run slower. We'd rather keep it simple.

At least for myself, I'd get lost in a hurry! I tend to browse by going to 'Unread Posts' at the top right of the screen, rather than by sections and threads. I wonder if the user can make it an option.

If you're on PC you can always right-click on the thread and choose open in new tab or open in new window ;)

If you're using Mac....

....sell it and buy yourself a PC.

:D

I totally go to New Posts first, but even within those, I guess I'm shamefully your classic ADD American who wants to read a few pages of one, pause it without losing my place, read another one for a little bit, search something else or go off on a tangent, then maybe finish up the first one, that kind of thing. I think DDD's tip on right clicking will work well for me. Viva la Paracast!

If you're on PC you can always right-click on the thread and choose open in new tab or open in new window ;)

If you're using Mac....

....sell it and buy yourself a PC.

:D

hmm. i am on a Mac and i can right click and do the same thing... why are pc users so darn ignorant about Macs? :confused:

You do not need third-party hardware to right-click with a Mac. Recent desktops come with Apple's Mighty Mouse, which has a switchable right button (could be used as a single monolithic button). Recent Apple notebooks allow you to do that with trackpads. There has been support for third-party input devices with right click functionality for years. Without a multibutton input device, you Control Click on the Mac to get the context menu functions.

You do not need third-party hardware to right-click with a Mac. Recent desktops come with Apple's Mighty Mouse, which has a switchable right button (could be used as a single monolithic button). Recent Apple notebooks allow you to do that with trackpads. There has been support for third-party input devices with right click functionality for years. Without a multibutton input device, you Control Click on the Mac to get the context menu functions.

It's been a while since I've looked into Apple's computers, but my friends with macs all have third party mouses.

ctrl + click is also a good out.

... why are pc users so darn ignorant about Macs? :confused:

Why are Mac users so serious?

why_so_serious_by_bottomofastairwell.jpg

P.S. - PC RULES ! LoL

;)

i currently have 3 mice connected to my mac. a mighty mouse, logitech mx laser, and a wacom tablet/mouse. they all work great. i can move from one to another at any time depending on what i am doing.

ps... i agree, personal computers rule, but friends do not let friends do windows.

If you're using Mac....

Hmmm, I just right clicked a link on my Mac and told it to open in a new tab. Even better, I can Command-click a link to make it open in a new tab.

Do you actually think that Windows had tabbed browsing before anyone else? :confused:

New Macs have multi button mice, you just can't see the buttons. I'm using a Logitech MX 700 wireless mouse with 7 buttons.

Why are Mac users so serious?

Because we get tired of PC users saying dumb things!

But we understand it's a defensive posture... no one actually loves Windows. I was designing a CD cover for a guy who also has a degree in computer science, and is one of those MS network guys. He thought OS X looked way more high tech than Vista, and was always amazed at the fewer number of steps to do something. And that's on my old clunker of a Mac.
P.S. - PC RULES ! LoL

Yep, a copy cat OS that is ALWAYS several versions and about 10 years behind the one it copied. So where's the advantage?

Oh yeah.... BSOD!

Look guys, there's no argument here. The best desktop computer begins and ends with the ColecoVision ADAM - that was my first "PC." Tapes are the best medium ever invented!!! :)
As a 6 or 7 year old, I used to call that thing my Donkey Kong Machine.

Mac or PC, we should all just get along - in the end they all do the same thing. It's just that with OS X you get things done with minimal swearing.

Hmmm, I just right clicked a link on my Mac and told it to open in a new tab. Even better, I can Command-click a link to make it open in a new tab.

Do you actually think that Windows had tabbed browsing before anyone else? :confused:

New Macs have multi button mice, you just can't see the buttons. I'm using a Logitech MX 700 wireless mouse with 7 buttons.

I used to use that mouse, but when I went for a wireless keyboard I found that I could only get keyboard mouse bundles, so now I'm using the MX 5500 keyboard with the M-RCL 124 mouse, both made by Logitech. Love the mouse, 7 button, two of the scroll wheels and the battery life is great, not to mention that I can walk across the room with my keyboard, type information that is across the room as if I'm right there at my desk. Ahhh, bluetooth.

God, didn't know that Mac users are so touchy :D ... I was only trying to help

Personaly, I don't give a flying fuk for any brand loyalty... NIKE, SONY, MACINTOSH, MICROSOFT, PS3, Xbox360 ... but whatever makes one happy is fine with me.

I use and own both PC and MAC...

Back