1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/introducing-the-paracast/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

Haunted

Discussion in 'Ghost Stories' started by Paul Kimball, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Paul Kimball

Paul Kimball Paranormal Adept

Film and television writer, producer, director
    Home Page:
    I've been working on the first season of a new ghost investigation series called Haunted up here in Canada over the past several months. It premieres in October on Canadian television - hopefully our distributor will get it out there elsewhere as time rolls along. It's been renewed for a second season already, so we're back at it in the fall.

I'm going to be posting outtake videos at my blog and our company website as the post-production process moves along (I'm heavily into editing now) - stuff that won't make the final series (for many reasons, not the least of which is we investigate / film more locations than we need), but which I still find of interest and in many cases unexplained.

I'll post some of it here, and probably give Gene some of it to use in the Paracast+ if he wants.

For example, here is an outtake from our investigation at Cooper's Inn in Shelburne, NS, on May 2nd. Of note is that the "microphone malfunction" began in a room that our DOP Dillon had previously dreamed about, just as he began to relate the story of that dream (which involved a malevolent presence) to me.

As I always say about these types of things, context and timing matter.

Paul

2. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Forum Super Hero Staff Member

Forum Super Hero
    Home Page:
    Congratulations on the new show. Keep us posted, and we'd be happy to post material in Paracast+.

Wade and mike like this.
  3. Waller

Waller Paranormal Adept

ret.
    Home Page:
    Boom!

Welcome to synchronicity, expect more and more of it as you continue to follow your passions.

4. Paul Kimball

Home Page:

Holly Stevens investigating the old jail in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, in this teaser clip from the series.

Usual Suspect likes this.
  5. Angel of Ioren

Angel of Ioren Friendly Skeptic Staff Member

What channel is going be on here? Looking forward to watching it. You and Holly have always made a great team.

6. jamestyle

jamestyle Paranormal Maven

Can't wait for the new show!

7. blowfish

blowfish Whittingham

These things are scary as hell and you will know when you meet it. It has intelligence and ability to control its environment. Be careful what you folks are searching for.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  8. Paul Kimball

Home Page:
    Thanks!

Eastlink in Canada. What happens elsewhere will be up to our distributor.

9. withoutlimits09

withoutlimits09 Paranormal Adept

Any remarkable or thought provoking instances of haunting, or merely just shaky footage of the participants yelling, "what was that..."

10. Paul Kimball

Home Page:
    One leads inexorably to the other, but you can't always catch stuff on camera. Indeed, some of the weirdest stuff that happens is when our batteries drain, or our cameras go on the fritz, and the audience is left watching us try and figure it all out afterwards. But yes, there are definite moments of stuff happening too. But the truth is that "ghost investigating" is a long, slow haul, every night. I don't make shows like Ghost Hunters or Ghost Adventures (I eschew spooky music, for example, other than in scenes being narrated, because we aren't listening to spooky music when investigating).

11. marduk

marduk quelling chaos since 2352BC

Combat Epistomologist
    Crap it doesn't look like they come on out west here. Might have to be stuck with the out-takes.

Hopefully there'll be a streaming option or something at some point?

12. Paul Kimball

Home Page:
    Eastlink has stations across the country. Not sure which ones it will be airing in outside Atlantic Canada.

13. Paul Kimball

Home Page:
    I'll let Gene post an episode in the Paracast+ when we're done.

Jimi, Wade and marduk like this.
  14. marduk

Combat Epistomologist
    Checked their website, put in my postal code, and got no luck. Hoping I'm wrong.

Good luck on the show!

15. Paul Kimball

Home Page:
  16. marduk

Combat Epistomologist
    That is downright spooky.

Reminds me of an experience I had in my parent's house growing up - I went to turn off the lights to the basement from the top of the stairs, and just before my hand hit the switch, the light went off.

I swear I might have seen the switch at the bottom of the stairs flick down.

That house was weird.

Paul Kimball likes this.
  17. blowfish

blowfish Whittingham

Old Castle (Pub) and remember going in old closed section to the general public. You had to climb down a ladder to get into the section. The walls were mouldy and placed a shovel on the wall. I was putting some beer kegs for storage when they re-opened the Old Castle. First, felt a strong gust of wind and saw the shovel being picked up and then moved Drop my smoke and stood to watch the keg being pushed along the floor. I thought some Pratt playing a joke and proceed to put the keg back. Then replace the shovel against the wall again. This time putting another keg in and turned around to find both objects moved again. Decide to leave and talked to manager overseeing repair who proceeds to tell me of the old Monks which folks had seen walking through the stairways towards the cellar as it used to make apple cider near the location. Another time old pub where it was built in the 1880s near a church the guest rooms up stairs had a few murders which many guests used to complain about the change in temperature and sighting of shadows. One young lady had been stabbed to death and used to appear to some guest in a white dressing gown. Blood stains still visible and would touch folks walking down the hallway or stairs. Scare the guest if they did not respect the room (crazy ) which she was murdered in. We used to say good morning and good evening never bother us when followed that rule. I was told by an old Irish chap who worked there would pray quite often when he saw her. The local church bought the area and proceed to cleanse the place prior to demolishing.

Paul Kimball and marduk like this.
  18. Paul Kimball

Home Page:
    The teaser clip from the first episode, which airs on the 17th.

Haunted, Episode 1 - "Posthuman Blues, Part I"

In the premiere episode of Haunted, Paul Kimball and Holly Stevens return to ghost investigating after 8 years with a trip to the Queen's County Museum in Liverpool, Nova Scotia, where they attempt to make contact with an old friend who has passed away, even as they encounter what seem to be multiple spirits.

blowfish and Usual Suspect like this.