• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Haunted house in forest, interesting footage

Way too overproduced.

"Back to the safety of their van". Oh, that's right, I forgot, cars are immune to ghosts.

Also, I have some general questions about these types of films:

1. Why can't anyone EVER keep the camera fricking still. I mean for crying out loud, you guys are supposed to be pros. Carry a tripod.

2. Why not use sun lamps to illuminate, or get one of those 1,000,000 candlepower flashlights with a diffused lens? Using a regular little flashlight is just used to increase the creepiness. They could easily bring in lights that would totally illuminate any room they are in. What, are ghosts afraid of light? No, it just would not make for good TV and would not scare people enough.

3. A little off topic, but I also wonder when these teams go into the woods or forest at night and look for bigfoot, they also carry small flashlights, for the same reason. And, when they hear one, it is always juuuuusssst beyond the reach of the flashlight. Why not come with a supply of parachute suspended illumination flares? Then when they hear one, they could send a barrage of flares in the sky above that area and erase all doubt. I'll tell you why, because when they erase all doubt, they would not have a show.

Attachments

• bsflag.gif
    bsflag.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 66
I hear what you are saying, but I don't think these guys are professionals, or even trying to be. The still photos are the compelling clips I was talking about.

Way too overproduced.

"Back to the safety of their van". Oh, that's right, I forgot, cars are immune to ghosts.

Also, I have some general questions about these types of films:

1. Why can't anyone EVER keep the camera fricking still. I mean for crying out loud, you guys are supposed to be pros. Carry a tripod.

2. Why not use sun lamps to illuminate, or get one of those 1,000,000 candlepower flashlights with a diffused lens? Using a regular little flashlight is just used to increase the creepiness. They could easily bring in lights that would totally illuminate any room they are in. What, are ghosts afraid of light? No, it just would not make for good TV and would not scare people enough.

3. A little off topic, but I also wonder when these teams go into the woods or forest at night and look for bigfoot, they also carry small flashlights, for the same reason. And, when they hear one, it is always juuuuusssst beyond the reach of the flashlight. Why not come with a supply of parachute suspended illumination flares? Then when they hear one, they could send a barrage of flares in the sky above that area and erase all doubt. I'll tell you why, because when they erase all doubt, they would not have a show.

Bob,

I agree, a car/van/truck is no refuge from the undead. Any ghost hunter worth his weight knows that only by tucking your head under the covers of your bed, located in your mom's basement, is the only way to protect yourself from spirits :)D) On that note, I agree with you. That comment in the program video was just for dramatic effect.

1. As a ghost hunter it would be impractical, neigh impossible to pepper a location with enough cameras on tripods to catch evidence of paranormal activity, unless you're watching a 'lure' or an area where ghost-phenomena is supposed to occur regularly. Other than that it's best just to carry the camera with you to get that first-person view. That's from the investigator's perspective. If you're talking about the TV show/production crew, well, yeah, you're right on that one. They want to make it as spooky, even as disorienting as possible for effect. That is BS, it takes away from the seriousness of the topic (as if there's a lot of seriousness already, it's a constant struggle), and it's way too Hollywood.

2. Flashlights that large would completely blind your fellow investigators. We rely on night-vision. A good ghost hunter rarely uses his flashlight anyway. There are reasons why we hunt at night but they don't have to do with spookiness, but actually have an air of practicality.

3. Any ghost hunter, or paranormal investigator, worth his weight will charge a situation so an entity/ghost/monster, whatever, will not only be in flash-light range but at arms length. Again, you are 100% right in saying that this is over drama and crappy effect. It's not like that "in real life."

I do like the idea of flares, though. I'll have to consider that.

J.

Back