• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Haunted Extra, Vol. 1.01 - Queen's County Museum Revisited

Paul Kimball

Paranormal Adept

The first episode of Haunted Extra, an ad hoc compilation of bonus materials for the series Haunted. Here is the synopsis:

Haunted co-hosts Paul Kimball and Dillon Garland discuss their trip to the 2017 East Coast Paraconference in Liverpool, NS, where they got the opportunity to re-visit the Queen's County Museum a few months after they investigated it for the first season of Haunted.

Joined by paranormal researchers Ryan Sprague and Greg Bishop, Paul and Dillon tried to replicate REM-Pod activity that they experienced at the Museum in April when Paul attempted to contact his old friend Mac Tonnies (who passed away in 2009).

The results were fascinating, and video evidence recorded at the Museum on 11 August 2017 is included here.​

Last edited:
Given that:

1. There is an alien presence on Earth.
and
2. Hauntings & apparitions are a real phenomena without a mundane cause.

Then which is the more reasonable explanation for 2. (above):

a. Dead people are walking around invisibly without bodies trying to communicate
or
b. A high-tech alien presence is responsible for causing phenomena that is being interpreted as dead people walking around without bodies trying to communicate.

After exploring the issues behind the question above, it has become more than apparent to me that b. ( above ) is the most reasonable answer. Yet the notion of dead people walking around without bodies trying to communicate persists, and there even seems to be a resistance by believers in afterlives to exploring the possibility that some sort of alien influence is behind the phenomena. Why is that? Do videos get more ratings by appealing to the mass sentiment of the traditional ghost interpretation? Or is it just a belief thing that cannot be shaken by thinking that is more rational?

Last edited:
Given that:

1. There is an alien presence on Earth.
and
2. Hauntings & apparitions are a real phenomena without a mundane cause.

Then which is the more reasonable explanation for 2. (above):

a. Dead people are walking around invisibly without bodies trying to communicate
or
b. A high-tech alien presence is responsible for causing phenomena that is being interpreted as dead people walking around without bodies trying to communicate.

After exploring the issues behind the question above, it has become more than apparent to me that b. ( above ) is the most reasonable answer. Yet the notion of dead people walking around without bodies trying to communicate persists, and there even seems to be a resistance by believers in afterlives to exploring the possibility that some sort of alien influence is behind the phenomena. Why is that? Do videos get more ratings by appealing to the mass sentiment of the traditional ghost interpretation? Or is it just a belief thing that cannot be shaken by thinking that is more rational?

I used to believe that the answer lay with extra terrestrials.Now I lean more towards an unknown phenomenon,call it the Trickster or the Cosmic Joker.Whatever it is seems to enjoy messing with us and I'm not sure it has any answers or meaningful reasons for its actions other than its amused by our responses.I realise we probably can't comprehend its thought process and I'm sure I will leave this life as ignorant of its mysteries as I was when my consciousness began!.

I used to believe that the answer lay with extra terrestrials.Now I lean more towards an unknown phenomenon,call it the Trickster or the Cosmic Joker.Whatever it is seems to enjoy messing with us and I'm not sure it has any answers or meaningful reasons for its actions other than its amused by our responses.I realise we probably can't comprehend its thought process and I'm sure I will leave this life as ignorant of its mysteries as I was when my consciousness began!.
What factors do you think outweigh those of an alien agenda? In my mind, although I find the Trickster meme interesting from a cultural perspective, it's in the same category as gremlins, devils, and leprechauns. It doesn't provide a way in to a plausible explanation ( at least that I can see ). Maybe you can add something I'm missing.

Last edited:
Your question deserves a considered response and when I get some time I will try to formulate my thoughts into something cohesive.

The first episode of Haunted Extra, an ad hoc compilation of bonus materials for the series Haunted. Here is the synopsis:

Haunted co-hosts Paul Kimball and Dillon Garland discuss their trip to the 2017 East Coast Paraconference in Liverpool, NS, where they got the opportunity to re-visit the Queen's County Museum a few months after they investigated it for the first season of Haunted.

Joined by paranormal researchers Ryan Sprague and Greg Bishop, Paul and Dillon tried to replicate REM-Pod activity that they experienced at the Museum in April when Paul attempted to contact his old friend Mac Tonnies (who passed away in 2009).

The results were fascinating, and video evidence recorded at the Museum on 11 August 2017 is included here.​
Loved it. Thanks for sharing.

Back