• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

guest suggestion

leftystrat

Thermionic Elitist (not Tube Snob)
Duncan O'Finioan
WinterSteel.Com - Robert Duncan O'Finioan

What this man has to say is frightening, maddening, interesting, captivating, and sickness-inducing. He was `recruited' by the CIA at the age of six to be part of a super spy program.
Implants, mind control, multiple personalities, covert ops, the whole shebang.

People need to know what our gov't is doing in our name.

Gene and David: thank you for your hard work, from a long-term listener.
You two are the ONLY Mac-heads I tolerate :)

I have you on my blogroll - is there a preferred link or graphic you'd like?

I don't know who the guy is but on the surface his claims sound pretty far fetched to me.

A guy I'd like to see on the Paracast is David Icke. Not because I'm a fan of his nonsense but because I'd like to hear how he responds to questions coming from someone who doesn't share his outlandish views. It's one thing to be loony but another matter entirely when your craziness is able to attract a large following. Icke is extremely popular on the net, more popular than quite a few mainstream Ufologists who work hard to ensure that all their i's are dotted and t's crossed and realizing that is quite an eye opener. It tells me that most people simply believe what they want to and data doesn't figure into their thinking much.

It sort of makes me dismissive of opinion polls. Ya' know, those polls that say 50-60% of people are convinced of UFO reality. Well, from what I can remember roughly 50% of people polled after seeing the ridiculous Lake County "documentary" thought it was real as well! I wonder how many people who make up that 50% in the former poll are crackpots who will believe anything like the sort of foolishness Icke presents. My own personal experience has led me to the conclusion that really only about 10-20% of people are convinced of UFO reality. Those who make up the other 30% of the favorable results don't seem to really understand the question (If when you ask a person why he/she believes they are here and they respond with something like, "Well, there are so many stars in the galaxy..." that person doesn't understand the question being asked of them and they certainly aren't basing their opinion on any data they've seen.) or simply answer yes based on really nothing at all. I think a more interesting question would be to ask if people care that they are here or not. There is no doubt in my mind that those who do make up an extremely small percentage of the populace, way down in single digits. I've talked to plenty of people who've expressed something like, "Yeah, they're probably here. But so what? It has no impact on my life at all."

Alex Jones. The reason is that Alex Jones believes UFOs are military black ops. But he's says he had an interest in UFOs since he was a kid and he's got to have a bunch of stories and opinions, living in Texas and being so popular. People must have called him claiming sightings and I wonder how he treats them. Biedny says he has all these sightings and experiences, it would be curious to hear how these two would conduct themselves in an interview together! I think Jones would appear on the show.

I'd llike to hear Brazilian UFOlogist and publisher AJ Gevaerd (who bears an uncanny resemblance to Family Guy's Peter Griffin :D).

I know he's been on the Paracast before, and I have mixed opinions about his work. But the Brazilian ufolore is so vast, and is so rarely seen or heard in the media that most of our most interesting cases remain little known to the public.

There are cases such as the Villas-Boas incident in the 50s and the so-called Official Night of UFOs, in May 1985, when the Brazilian Air Force dispatched a number of mach-2 jets to intercept unidentified radar targets. Pilots were interviewed by mainstream media and implied their Mirage supersonic fighters were too slow compared to the objects.

As much as I have defended Alex Jones here, he would not make a good guest as he has nothing to offer in terms of a paranormal viewpoint.

A guy I've tried to bring the attention to the Paracast a few times on an MMA website I frequent that would make a GREAT guest is Joe Rogan. He is very interested in the UFO subject. Also his Brizilian Jiu-Jitsu intructor, Eddie Bravo would make a good guest on the subject as he is highly interested in the topics. I am sure you could get ahold of both of them here:

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/

I second a Joe Rogan appearance, many a time comments on the paracast have reminded me of a number of thought provoking scenarios Joe has put forward.

I second a Joe Rogan appearance, many a time comments on the paracast have reminded me of a number of thought provoking scenarios Joe has put forward.

as i recall, joe firmly believes 9/11 was an inside job. he must me a nutter. ::)
that being said i would LOVE to hear joe on the paracast. :)

as i recall, joe firmly believes 9/11 was an inside job. he must me a nutter. ::)
that being said i would LOVE to hear joe on the paracast. :)

I dunno, the only time ive heard him talk about 9/11 was in talking with Alex Jones, most of which was spent contradicting a lot of Alex's conspiracy assumptions, so im not conviced of that myself, unless he's changed his view fairly recently.

Either way, he's always the kind of fellow that likes to back up his statements with sober common sense arguments and would offer a lot of food for thought imo.

I'd llike to hear Brazilian UFOlogist and publisher AJ Gevaerd (who bears an uncanny resemblance to Family Guy's Peter Griffin :D).

I know he's been on the Paracast before, and I have mixed opinions about his work. But the Brazilian ufolore is so vast, and is so rarely seen or heard in the media that most of our most interesting cases remain little known to the public.

There are cases such as the Villas-Boas incident in the 50s and the so-called Official Night of UFOs, in May 1985, when the Brazilian Air Force dispatched a number of mach-2 jets to intercept unidentified radar targets. Pilots were interviewed by mainstream media and implied their Mirage supersonic fighters were too slow compared to the objects.

Maybe try to get Pablo Villarubia Mauso. When I looked up the Villas-Boas case, I read his article published in 'Inexplicata'. And I agree, there is so much UFO history in Brazil, and recently declassified files, that more shows on this history would be great.
Also, for those having not done so, please investigate what happened on 9/11 yourself. After you have, the official version of the events may appear quite untenable. Please don't listen to the person calling others "a nutter" who think it was an inside job. That person should run in the other direction if they see a UFO, lest they become another cattle mutilation.

OK, this is a little off-topic. Anyway.

I'm not familiar with all the conspiracy theories on 9-11, but I find quite interesting to see that conspiracy theories are mostly an American cultural phenomenon.

And guys, I don't want to make any judgements here as for the truth behind conspiracy theorists' claims. I'm a skeptic, but who knows?

It's just that, for me (and I speak as someone who's looking from the ouside), it is funny to see how Americans seem to come up with a dark, shadowy explanation for every major story that's out there. Here in Brazil we don't need to be that creative. Every now and then a huge political or financial scandal comes to light. It's so common that people don't even bother anymore. And I'm talking about really sad and nasty stuff. In 2005, for example, a bribery scheme surfaced in which the President's party would pay the Congress a monthly fee so the representatives in rival parties would pass every bill in the president's agenda. Right now, the president of our Senate is accused of illegally employing friends and family members. In 1992, we impeached a president on the grounds of a huge corruption scheme.

Maybe for people living in the US, life seems a little too good to be true. It's like you guys looked around and thought, "Ok, what's the catch? There MUST be something wrong".

I don't know if I'm making my point clear. I hope I do. :)

OK, this is a little off-topic. Anyway.

I'm not familiar with all the conspiracy theories on 9-11, but I find quite interesting to see that conspiracy theories are mostly an American cultural phenomenon.

And guys, I don't want to make any judgements here as for the truth behind conspiracy theorists' claims. I'm a skeptic, but who knows?

It's just that, for me (and I speak as someone who's looking from the ouside), it is funny to see how Americans seem to come up with a dark, shadowy explanation for every major story that's out there. Here in Brazil we don't need to be that creative. Every now and then a huge political or financial scandal comes to light. It's so common that people don't even bother anymore. And I'm talking about really sad and nasty stuff. In 2005, for example, a bribery scheme surfaced in which the President's party would pay the Congress a monthly fee so the representatives in rival parties would pass every bill in the president's agenda. Right now, the president of our Senate is accused of illegally employing friends and family members. In 1992, we impeached a president on the grounds of a huge corruption scheme.

Maybe for people living in the US, life seems a little too good to be true. It's like you guys looked around and thought, "Ok, what's the catch? There MUST be something wrong".

I don't know if I'm making my point clear. I hope I do. :)

That's pretty vague Shuler. You're a skeptic about conspiracy theories? Which one?
Political corruption is rampant all over the world. Bribery to pass bills and officials employing relatives and friends into important positions, happens in just about every State here, but murdering thousands of people in order to invade other countries and murder hundreds of thousands of people, steal all their resources, and set up bases in an endless occupation, doesn't make life here or there "too good". There is a video that Biedny posted the other day under the posting title: "This is why the U.S. is screwed". The woman in the video says she first became aware of the U.S. wars during the Gulf war and just assumed that the U.S. has been at war ever since. In the U.S., the place that is "too good to be true", you run into the thoughtless, hypocritical, and mean-spirited ALL-THE-TIME. People abscent of empathy and morality. People that don't know what happened last week let alone know the history of this country. The few people you do meet in your life that are not self obsessed or money mad, that have original thinking and give a damn about others, one may endeavor to call friends. But that is not America, a nation in love with the majority rule, and a nation whose elected officials verily, represent the majority of Americans. Maybe it's too good to be true for Dick Cheney, but for some it's too horrible to believe.:frown:

That's pretty vague Shuler. You're a skeptic about conspiracy theories? Which one?

Well, many of them. Notably the most far-fetched. There's people thinking that the airplanes that collided with the WTC were holograms. There's people who are pretty sure that the Bush family are a bunch of reptilian aliens. Or that microprocessors and fiber optics came from outer space. There's even a brand new one, about Michael Jackson having staged his death. Others say that the US government is sitting atop clean energy tech that they reverse engineered from ETs, which they don't disclose because they're mean, and bad, and muahahahaha.

That's what I'm more specifically talking about. Looking from the outside, it looks like peole just need to see something wrong, some dark plot behind everything. My personal favorite hypothesis on this is that people are not comfortable with the fact that they live in a system where they have opportunity, security, law enforcement, social justice and a health system that works - and are still not happy. We're hardwired to face adversity. When there's no adversity in our immediate day-by-day experience, and in spite of that we're still miserable (because hey, that's human nature), we unconsciously look for some hidden thing that we can blame for what's wrong in our lives.

That's what I mean by saying that "life's too good". I'm not going into the "invading other countries" thing, although I agree with your view on that. But compared with most countries in the world, life in the US is pretty much great. The basic social system works pretty darn well compared to other places. We have problems here that would fill US streets with angry mobs if they happened there, i think.

If you look closely, you'll see that my postings are full of "maybes" and "it seemses". I'm not saying "look, guys, here's the truth". That's just my... "theory" on the enormous proliferation of not-so realistic speculations on so many things. Nobody needs to agree with me.

As for the corruption examples I pointed out, I just find it interesting to see that some societies are not familiar with the idea of not being able to trust their leaders. I can't say the same of the one I'm living in. We never trusted them. They're corrupt, or just plain incompetent. So we got USED to it, and that's a tragedy. Of course corruption is everywhere, but Nixon was never elected to anything again, was he? Too good. The president we ousted in 1992 is now a senator - and that kind of Brazilian political amnesia embarasses me.

...people are not comfortable with the fact that they live in a system where they have opportunity, security, law enforcement, social justice and a health system that works - and are still not happy.

I wouldn't call any of that a fact, or suggest that they work.
But yes, reptiles are continuously insulted.
Michael Jackson faked an excuse for his existence. Holograms? No, there is impressive analysis of what happened on that day, not to be tossed in with the holographic speculations and the 9/11 Commission Report.

As much as I have defended Alex Jones here, he would not make a good guest as he has nothing to offer in terms of a paranormal viewpoint.

A guy I've tried to bring the attention to the Paracast a few times on an MMA website I frequent that would make a GREAT guest is Joe Rogan. He is very interested in the UFO subject. Also his Brizilian Jiu-Jitsu intructor, Eddie Bravo would make a good guest on the subject as he is highly interested in the topics. I am sure you could get ahold of both of them here:

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/

Yes, I think Joe Rogan would be a great guest! He is smart and I know the interview would be very engaging.

I would like to hear Gene and David interview "Rael" , of the Raelian movement The Raelian Movement: The Message not that I believe it would be an insightful or believable trip into their cult beliefs, rather possibly a look at a "paranormal cult" . He most likely would never agree to it of course, cult leaders hate the possibility of being scrutinized. Ya never know though I guess!

Thanks for all the great shows and the time you put into them guys. I seriously listen every single night to the archive (terrible insomniac!) and always look forward to the Sunday new show. Thanks for keeping the show free as long as you have.

Best
Bob Hubbard

Often thought this chap would be an interesting guest,
http://www.matthewmanning.com/

Many years ago my Dad told me about Matthew Manning, he was quite well known during the 70's in the UK at least and I really kick myself now, knowing he's based not far from where I live. I tried to get hold of him once when my Dad was sick, sadly I didn't keep trying and Dad passed away, and now I'll never know.

Anyway enough of all that, check the link.

Peace,

Mark

Back