• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Greg Bishop & Walter Bosley are back as guests!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Paracast favorites Greg Bishop & Walter Bosley will be our special guests on the Paracast. We will be taping this Thursday, July 16th at 10 am PT. Gene and I agree that our conversation w/ Marie Jones whetted our appetite for more mind games and conspiracy talk, so who better to dig into the subject than Greg and Walter.

Greg, as many of you are aware, was the publisher of the Excluded Middle magazine and the compilation book, Wake Up Down There; Project Beta, was co-author of Weird California and is the longtime host of my other favorite podcast Radio Mysterioso.

Walter, an ex AFOI and FBI agent and author of the intriguing books, Empire of the Wheel: Espionage, The Occult and Murder in Southern California; and his recent books, Latitude 33: Key to the Kingdom and the just-released The Lost Expedition of Sir Richard Francis Burton. Greg and Walter are a wealth of knowledge concerning conspiracy, mind-control, secret government tech, occult intrigue and much more! This will surely be a fun, free-wheeling episode. I can't wait!!!

Please only post your QUESTIONS for our guests here. If you'd like to discuss these subjects beforehand, make a new thread, please!

Please hide these questions for Walter as you know how he likes to start answering well before the show starts:
1. Have you unearthed any more information regarding Charles Dellschau beyond what was in EOW that might confirm that the Sonora Aero Club was more than just the brilliant paintings of an outsider artist?
2. Some might describe your work as conspiracist, but how do you personally see the subject matter in the Empire of The Wheel series: would you describe it as a hidden para-history, something just below the surface of mainstream reality that wants to stay forgotten but that you are bringing to the surface to be exposed?
3. You have on occasion mentioned the somewhat secretive work of your own father. Has this had any influence on your own career or affinity for wanting to find out secrets? I would be especially interested to hear your own appraisal of your Dad's story of what happened underground.
4. Do you have any reason to believe that telluric currents could possibly impact someone's thinking patterns or sensory perceptions causing an altered experience of reality?

Last edited:
Can you provide a list of Spiritualists, ufologists, occultists, parapsychologists, etc whose deaths/withdrawal from the field you find suspicious and why? Who are the most unsettling individuals you've come across in your years of studying these issues?

1) Walter, given your military background to protect aerial platforms that were top secret, can you confirm you know for a fact the military uses ET-UFO beliefs the public has as "a cover" for real Human made UFO's. Can you give some examples of how this was/is done using fictional accounts, if necessary, to circumvent your national security agreements.

2) Walter, can you agree the MIC and military will go so far as actively creating this ET-UFO mythology over decades infiltrating influence over Hollywood [and mass media] to promote the MIC using ET-UFO's ALSO as a fear based campaign [the threat or presence of the ET Alien] to help sustain military budgets and to create exotic futuristic weapons?

3) Greg and Walter, don't you think it is very likely so called UFO waves [1947, etc.] may have been psychological operations or propaganda messaging run on the public and/or Russians that were planned by the military or MIC think tanks. Assuming human causes, can you speculate what any UFO wave may have been about?

Last edited:
As a follow up to question 3 above by DissectionStalker, some queries for Greg:

1) According to the Canadian UFO Survy from 2014 by Chris Rutkowski, UFO case reports have been on the rise with a spike in 2012 that saw double the amount of case reports. What percentage of cases do you feel are influenced by media, cultural programming and experimental craft vs. actually really weird things being seen?

2)What do you make of the ease of the propagation of the UFO meme across North America since the first big wave 68 years ago? Do you think that the way mass culture thinks about it has changed in any significant ways?

3) What's the one conspiracy that scares you the most because you think it has some real merit?

Greg, for a while now you've been saying that we should get rid of everything that we would class as "ufology", destroy the whole thing, and start all over again. I'm guessing that these statements are partly an expression of your current frustration but at a practical level what would an exercise like this involve? What would a Greg Bishop year zero "ufology" look like?

Walter, not including you but many of the current proponents of American conspiracy theories appear, at least to someone from the UK, to be incredibly right-wing. In the UK and much of Europe conspiracy theories are more likely to be associated with the left. Would you agree with this characterisation and what if anything do you think this tells us about conspiracy theories and their dissemination?

These guests should be a kind of "dynamic duo" making for a very good interview indeed.

-Do either of you have an opinion on the value of investigating the UFO phenomenon as a manifestation of actualized information residing in nature in ways we do not understand--such as the 'holographic universe'-- as opposed to manipulated matter and energy ?

Should the AFOSI officers responsible for the mental breakdown of Paul Bennewitz, as outlined in Project Beta, face prosecution for their crimes? Surely some type of crime has been committed.

Hi,

Show is in the can, as it were. We also continued the discussion on After The Paracast, and we'll continue it further with future shows.

Answering Burnt State:

1. Have you unearthed any more information regarding Charles Dellschau beyond what was in EOW that might confirm that the Sonora Aero Club was more than just the brilliant paintings of an outsider artist?

Yes.

2. Some might describe your work as conspiracist, but how do you personally see the subject matter in the Empire of The Wheel series: would you describe it as a hidden para-history, something just below the surface of mainstream reality that wants to stay forgotten but that you are bringing to the surface to be exposed?

As answered in the show, yes; more specifically what the EOTW books do, I think, is reveal privately motivated activity as well as reveals an undercurrent of something in the reality stream that flows through the human subconscious at will.

3. You have on occasion mentioned the somewhat secretive work of your own father. Has this had any influence on your own career or affinity for wanting to find out secrets? I would be especially interested to hear your own appraisal of your Dad's story of what happened underground.

Again, FATE:Best of Roswell, the article I wrote under 'E.A.Guest'. I may have been considered for recruitment in spite of my dad's past. There's something there the details of which I am not yet privy to.

4. Do you have any reason to believe that telluric currents could possibly impact someone's thinking patterns or sensory perceptions causing an altered experience of reality?

Just my personal experiences, i.e. Disneyland, an 'enlightenment'/waking experience I had the year before that, multiple instances of 'strange' phenomena manifesting in small ways in certain places over the course of several years. Simple analysis also indicates to me that it is so.

Chuckleberryfinn: Should the AFOSI officers responsible for the mental breakdown of Paul Bennewitz, as outlined in Project Beta, face prosecution for their crimes? Surely some type of crime has been committed.

IF found guilty by a court of law, yes, but not just because some people have a pre-conceived notion of AFOSI based upon UFO related books or conspiracy bloggers' rants. As I have said multiple times in public forums, none of us here, myself the former AFOSI agent included, have ever seen the case file on exactly what AFOSI did or did not do in the Bennewitz case so we don't really know that "surely" there was a crime committed. Tragic mishandling of a situation isn't necessarily criminal. I say Bennewitz is every bit as much a cautionary tale of allowing strange stuff to consume one's life as it is another scary story about evil government villains. I would recommend someone file a complaint through a court over Bennewitz, maybe through a congressman (if you want it to be answered by the AF), to investigate any criminal wrongdoings by AFOSI. If it is determined that the shenanigans alleged by sources to have been done to Bennewitz violated any laws governing domestic military ops, then certainly something should be done. Unfortunately, it was years ago and in the current era it may fall on deaf ears.

DissectionStalker 1) Walter, given your military background to protect aerial platforms that were top secret, can you confirm you know for a fact the military uses ET-UFO beliefs the public has as "a cover" for real Human made UFO's.

Private conversations while on active duty.

EQ42, Can you provide a list of Spiritualists, ufologists, occultists, parapsychologists, etc whose deaths/withdrawal from the field you find suspicious and why? Who are the most unsettling individuals you've come across in your years of studying these issues?

I misunderstood the question during the interview. To answer the first part, Greg covers that in the show.

To answer the second part, in general I have found historical Spiritualists to be vindictive a-holes. Specifically, Conan Doyle disappointed me for his lackeyism and a guy named DeWyckoff was an evil bastard. Spiritualist icon Marjorie and her husband, Dr. Crandon, were two of the worst people I've ever come across in my research. She basically won the favor of her male supporters through sex and Dr.Crandon was, as the evidence strongly reveals, a murderous pedophile. To this day Marjorie is considered a positive historical icon among the Spiritualist milieu, the same milieu which -- on record -- threatened the lives of those who opposed their cash cow, i.e. psychic readings, forecasts, etc etc, the still popular New Age game.

And though I take heat from those who still buy into the lore, I have found Aleister Crowley to have been among those who were appalled at what the Spiritualists did. Two associates still insist that Crowley must have been behind what happened in EOTW1, in spite of convincing and plain evidence to the contrary. Oh well.

Walter, the one question I didn't have a chance to ask: So what are you holding back because of your former government affiliations? Are you ever going to be able to tell us something that may be important, but you can't say now? Hint?

@AdventureMan speaking of Crowley one of the stories I have heard is that while mountaineering...something he was quite adept at...he left a man to die on one of his ascents or descents.

However I've only seen evidence of his rather cavalier attitude toward his porters and apparently there was one account where some porters did go over the side but they would have likely been doomed at any rate.

Wade: I will look into that before commenting because it is a period of Crowley's life which interests me but I haven't as yet explored.

Gene: Mostly it's classified details that I would have had to know as an AFOSI agent in my specific (meaning limited) duties relative to program protection, but some is the kind of information one learns outside of duties and that's just as classified in its own way. That 10% I alluded to that is not accountable to human technology is closely guarded, as we suspect. But in that 90%, I'd say 10% at least would be human tech outside known military and commercial sources. Known sources (military/sensitive commercial development) accounts for a LOT of what people are seeing and attributing to ET (and for those who need it to be said 'in my opinion' based on experience with the milieu both as AFOSI agent and background investigator going to places like Skunk Works et al once or twice a week for a while in 2007.)

Back