• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Greg Bishop Returns to the Paracast for a 2014 Roundup plus more!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
One of our favorite guests, Greg Bishop returns to the Paracast where we will engage in a freewheeling recap of 2014's top "paranormal" news stories and pontificate toward what may happen in 2015. BUT, we would like YOU to help!

What stories from 2014 would you like us to address? Your suggestions will drive the show's content. It's up to YOU dear listeners... UFO stories, crypto stuff, new science, conspiracies, rumors, year's best books, hints of emerging stories, skies the limit? What should we cover? Here's your chance to pick the brain of one of our most insightful players in the field!

Please post your SUGGESTIONS for subjects (and your QUESTIONS) HERE!

I am so accustomed to ufologists constantly resurrecting and rehashing cases from the 40's through the 70's that I can't think of as single item in ufology that happened this year. That in itself might be a question: why does ufology need to constantly dig up and promote cases from long ago (Roswell, Kecksburg, Sorocco, Betty and Barney Hill, the Australian Pilot lost at sea in 1978, Rendlesham/Bentwater)? Are UFO reports diminishing? Are abductions diminishing?

I can't think of anything from 2014 that i would like to get caught up on but the Large Hadron Collider is supposed to be back, bigger and badder than ever in 2015. That might make for an interesting conversation.

It may be the last time we have him on as none of us may be here after March of this year.

Last edited:
3 UFO Questions for the Space Brother!

1. First of all Greg, Hail Eris and all the best for 2015! Thank you so much for Radio Misterioso - my other favourite podcast/broadcast. For a long time now you've been calling for an end to the practice of hypnosis in connection with alien abduction. What do you make of this recent debacle involving Larry Warren's hypnosis tapes getting listened to by Charles Halt, the man Warren calls his bitter, mortal enemy as heard recently on DMR?

2. On your show you have spoken frequently about how you feel that the next important discovery in Ufology will come from someone working in some unrelated field. Since our pursuit of understanding UFO's technologically has produced few results what areas, or aspects of Ufology, do you think we should be concentrating on?

3. Roger Leir, of the famed (and highly questionable IMHO) alien implant technology, died in 2014. Other recently deceased notable ufologists include Budd Hopkins, Jim Moseley and Mac Tonnies. Who in that collection strikes you as having made the most important contribution to Ufology and why? Who do you miss the most and why?

What is your theory on Bigfoot and what exactly are people seeing when they claim to see a classic bigfoot? Is it rational to theorize that bigfoot is an interdimensional traveler since physical evidence eludes us?

I just realized I needed to add two more topics of discussion as what kind of follower of Discordia would I be if I can't add 2 and 3 to equal 5?

1. What are Greg's thoughts on the Heaven's Gate cult and the idea of moral responsibility in Ufology. Should Ufologists take responsibility for lies and deceptions that may influence or impact individuals such as with The Heaven's Gate Comet Companion or with hypnosis subjects?

2. If you had a chance to time travel to be a direct participant in a famous UFO case or sighting, which one would it be and why? What role would you like to play in the case?

When is Greg going to post the year end Zorgy Award podcast? I had planned on listening live, but my gal had different plans...

Greg, if Bill Moore came to you and admitted to you that he had a part in creating the majestic 12 documents, how would you feel about him considering you have on more than a few occasions defended him on this accusation from others in the UFO field? would you tell him to keep it to himself or would you advise him how he should make this information public?

(I)
The Paradigm Symposium is coming up in Oct. of 2015, and while at the website, I was looking over the presenters.., and there’s quite a selection. The question here for anyone willing to take a stab at it is.., what percentage of presenters at any given event should a reasonable individual consider as primarily entertainers, and not to be taken seriously? In your opinions, do attendees realize that some presenters lack academic credibility, moral stamina, and intellectual honesty, or, is it that an attendee’s primary desire is to be entertained? Being that all of you have either attended or presented at such events, what percentage of attendees would you venture, felt as though experiencing the extraordinary, and attended in the effort of mitigating their experience(s)?
(2)
The documentary “Mirage Men” was released in the US during March of 2014, with Greg Bishop acting as film consultant. I would like to ask Greg.., what was it like to collaborate with Mark Pilkington, and John Lundberg?
(3)
“Stalking the Herd” was published in March of 2014. In being written/authored by Chris O’Brien, I’d like to ask Chris.., how “Stalking the Herd” is faring.
(4)
In the immense effort of extracting one’s self from the seemingly hopeless morass commonly referred to as Ufology, “out of the box thinkers” have been suggested in providing meaningful traction. In the spirit of said “traction” I would like to ask if there has been any consideration given to the penning of either Jeffery Kripal or Bernardo Kastrup. If not, and outside of present company, who else may be suggested as plausible?
(5)
With the disturbing events which have been unfolding in the last few weeks, from a journalist’s perspective, would anyone like to take a moment to discuss the importance of the freedom of artistic expression, and speech?

What do you think of the theory that Earthlings may be one of the most advanced species in the universe? Harvard University astronomy professor and director of the Harvard Origins of Life Initiative Dimitar Sasselov says intelligent life may be in it's "very young" stage in the observable Universe. Its 200 billion galaxies show a clear potential to continue on as we see them today for hundreds of billions of years, if not much longer. Because planets and life are so young in our Universe, says Sasselov, perhaps "the human species are not late comers to the party. We may be among the early ones." Might this explain why we have not had any overt contact from beyond this planet?

Have attitudes in the mainstream media shifted? Is coverage of high strange events becoming more serious or even-handed in tone, or are we still stuck with the ridiculous X-Files music, non-serious reporting? Are their any discernible trends in this regard?

Back