• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Great Pyramid as a "water pump?"

Xylo

Paranormal Adept
http://www.thepump.org/Joomla/

This guy claims that the great pyramid was nothing more than a giant water pump. I don't ascribe to that idea without seeing any smaller water pumps of a similar design. However, he does have some interesting ideas about the construction of the Great Pyramid.

http://www.thepump.org/Joomla/

This guy claims that the great pyramid was nothing more than a giant water pump. I don't ascribe to that idea without seeing any smaller water pumps of a similar design. However, he does have some interesting ideas about the construction of the Great Pyramid.

A giant water pump makes no sense unless you were trying to create electricity. It an interesting theory however wouldn't all the Pyramids need to be near a River bed to pump the water?

A giant water pump makes no sense unless you were trying to create electricity. It an interesting theory however wouldn't all the Pyramids need to be near a River bed to pump the water?

Either that or sitting on top of an aquifier.

I don't totally discount this idea, since there is supposedly evidence of water damage on/around the base of the sphinx.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/04/070402-great-pyramid.htmlhttp://khufu.3ds.com/introduction/

Ancient Egyptians built the 480-foot-high (146-meter-high) Great Pyramid of Giza from the inside out, according to a French architect. Based on eight years of study, Jean-Pierre Houdin has created a novel three-dimensional computer simulation to present his hypothesis. He says his findings solve the mystery of how the massive monument just outside Cairo was constructed.

That theory has been around for a while. If your going to make the claim the Egyptians build the pyramids at least form solid conclusions based on real evidence. There is no evidence the Egyptians build the pyramids and frankly i can't see how they could have. The hypothesis does not fit the evidence and for me..The Egyptians to have build the Pyramids They would have to been a more Skilled a superior and certainly more advanced culture than we are being led to believe here by the academics.

That theory has been around for a while. If your going to make the claim the Egyptians build the pyramids at least form solid conclusions based on real evidence. There is no evidence the Egyptians build the pyramids and frankly i can't see how they could have. The hypothesis does not fit the evidence and for me..The Egyptians to have build the Pyramids They would have to been a more Skilled a superior and certainly more advanced culture than we are being led to believe here by the academics.

I've seen a full documentary on this guy Houdin's theory and there is evidence. Some ultrasound reading of some kind does indicate hollow areas where those inclined interior ramps would be and the areas at the corners where the giant blocks would need to be turned via pulley show some significant discrepancies from the rest of the pyramid face. I obviously wasn't there, but it seems a much simpler solution than building and then dissembling a giant ramp more than 400 feet tall.

I've seen a full documentary on this guy Houdin's theory and there is evidence. Some ultrasound reading of some kind does indicate hollow areas where those inclined interior ramps would be and the areas at the corners where the giant blocks would need to be turned via pulley show some significant discrepancies from the rest of the pyramid face. I obviously wasn't there, but it seems a much simpler solution than building and then dissembling a giant ramp more than 400 feet tall.

There is problems with the overall hypothesis. I think we need to ask were the tools the Egyptians used good enough to cut these large stones. Which they weren't cooper tools can't cut granite or limestone so that hypothesis fails miserably.. (70 ton stones) carried down river on barges, can't happen, too weak to support such weigh. See there is many problems with the hypothesis before you even get talking about the construction of the pyramids. Nobody seems puzzled here!!! Egyptologists..how come they have never once tested their hypothesis (a reconstruction)? How many men carried these stones from the Quarry (simple test) I bet you they would fail that test and they are well aware their theories would not stand up to scrutiny.

There's no way those blocks were cut by hand. Same with the other ancient structures around the world. The cuts are too good. Doesn't mean it wasn't done by the ancients. I don't underestimate them.

There's no way those blocks were cut by hand. Same with the other ancient structures around the world. The cuts are too good. Doesn't mean it wasn't done by the ancients. I don't underestimate them.

How could they have cut the stones by hand with Cooper tools? That is my point it's impossible. The're the only tools they had according to academics to carry out such work. So how the bloody hell did they do it? The most telling aspect is the Egyptian culture never once took credit for the construction of the Pyramids. They never detailed the method of how they build the Great pyramid in particular. Like come on we have records of everything they did up till this point. Records of Pharaohs, Wars they found, they even recorded construction of other buildings. But "NOTHING" of why and how they build the Pyramids. Something smells like a rat here, i don't think they were the builders, maybe i am wrong, but the're is too many wrongs then rights here. A accepted hypothesis should fit nicely with the evidence however the evidence here doesn't fit kindly with the accepted Hypothesis put forward by Egyptologists.

A accepted hypothesis should fit nicely with the evidence however the evidence here doesn't fit kindly with the accepted Hypothesis put forward by Egyptologists.

The Houdin hypothesis should either be confirmed or discredited fairly soon. It has the ring of common sense to me. I'm sure the Egyptians had other tricks that Egyptologists haven't figured out yet and may never but I consider the work far less amazing on the pyramids than at Pumapunku.

The blocks may not have been cut at all folks. There are stories from South America of a plant that prepared correctly could actually dissolve stone. The stone became like a putty which then could be fashioned to whatever shape was wanted. It would then solidfy to a harder stone that it started out as. And this isn't pure mythology. Haven't got a link to any of the stories but I think this is how some of the bigger blocks may have been produced. No need for anti-gravity or acoustic levitation or anything esoteric/exotic like that.

Now the coffer in the Kings Chamber made out of granite is another thing altogether. How they managed to drill out the inside of the coffer without todays cutting-edge drilling technology is remarkable. Any ideas ... anyone??

The Houdin hypothesis should either be confirmed or discredited fairly soon. It has the ring of common sense to me. I'm sure the Egyptians had other tricks that Egyptologists haven't figured out yet and may never but I consider the work far less amazing on the pyramids than at Pumapunku.

"Pumapunku for me, is evidence that an advanced culture perhaps a civilization which is lost to history, once lived there? There is a structure within or near that location that is at least 17,000 years old. At least i have good reason to believe it is. Also the same structural design the pyramid is found in South America and the Middle East (Egypt) So that might be a sign places that were distant from each other infact communicated with each other in the past and people from both areas travelled between continents bringing expertise with them. I have no problems with the idea human's build these structures in the past. I only have problems with the official hypothesis in each case and i can't readily accept these recognised theories when the evidence is not logical after reviewing it.

"Pumapunku for me, is evidence that an advanced culture perhaps a civilization which is lost to history, once lived there? There is a structure within or near that location that is at least 17,000 years old. At least i have good reason to believe it is.

The inside cuts in those stones, the way the blocks interlock, it's just phenomenal. They all are really. Going to Chichen Itza many years ago was a wonderful day.

There is problems with the overall hypothesis. I think we need to ask were the tools the Egyptians used good enough to cut these large stones. Which they weren't cooper tools can't cut granite or limestone so that hypothesis fails miserably.. (70 ton stones) carried down river on barges, can't happen, too weak to support such weigh. See there is many problems with the hypothesis before you even get talking about the construction of the pyramids. Nobody seems puzzled here!!! Egyptologists..how come they have never once tested their hypothesis (a reconstruction)? How many men carried these stones from the Quarry (simple test) I bet you they would fail that test and they are well aware their theories would not stand up to scrutiny.

Copper can cut limestone and with sand as an abrasive can cut granite. I've seen plenty of documentaries that demonstrate that this can be done. Just an hour ago I saw Christopher Dunn, author of "The Giza Power Plant", drilling a hole in granite with a copper tube and sand on the History Channel's Ancient Aliens. In addition, the The Petrie Museum in London has an extensive collection of ancient Egyptian tools including granite drill tubes which were used to drill holes in granite.

Ancient barges had enormous capacity. Queen Hatchepsut's barges ([SIZE=-2]1498-1483 BCE) [/SIZE]were famous for carrying some of the largest obelisks ever built. The transportation of obelisks were big events witnessed by entire populations living along side the Nile and are recorded in carvings and in diaries of people involved. These barges had a capacity of 1,500 tons, enough to carry more than one obelisk weighing several hundred tons at a time.

Queen Hatshepsut's Obelisk Barge
Ancient Egypt: River boats

No one questions how the Romans got a hold of all those obelisks from Egypt, transported them across the Mediterranean, or erected them in all those piazzas. Here are some of them:

NOVA Online | Mysteries of the Nile | A World of Obelisks: Rome

Yet there they are. Several hundred tons each. The Roman technology and techniques were, by modern standards, not that more advanced than the Egyptians in any way that could not have been compensated by sheer man power. We don't think the Romans had help from Aliens because they were quite proud of their engineering prowess and heavily documented their work.

The documentation of building techniques is, to me, the only thing that separates the mysterious from sheer fantasy. Perhaps the Egyptians did document lots of things but we may never know. Maybe if the Great Library of Alexandria, the holder of much of ancient knowledge, hadn't burned down we wouldn't have to make up ridiculous theories of how these great monuments were built with the help of ET.

The documentation of building techniques is, to me, the only thing that separates the mysterious from sheer fantasy. Perhaps the Egyptians did document lots of things but we may never know. Maybe if the Great Library of Alexandria, the holder of much of ancient knowledge, hadn't burned down we wouldn't have to make up ridiculous theories of how these great monuments were built with the help of ET.

I think the case that the design of many of these ancient structures was inspired by astronomical events is well established.

http://www.world-mysteries.com/chichen_kukulcan.htm

"Kukulcán's pyramid is notable for the fact that at the spring and fall equinoxes (March 21 and September 22) the sun projects an undulating pattern of light on the northern stairway for a few hours in the late afternoon—a pattern caused by the angle of the sun and the edge of the nine steps that define the pyramid's construction. These triangles of light link up with the massive stone carvings of snake heads at the base of the stairs, suggesting a massive serpent snaking down the structure.

Additionally, when one looks at the western face during the winter solstice, the sun appears to climb up the edge of the staircase until it rests momentarily directly above the temple before beginning its descent down the other side."

Copper can cut limestone and with sand as an abrasive can cut granite. I've seen plenty of documentaries that demonstrate that this can be done. Just an hour ago I saw Christopher Dunn, author of "The Giza Power Plant", drilling a hole in granite with a copper tube and sand on the History Channel's Ancient Aliens. In addition, the The Petrie Museum in London has an extensive collection of ancient Egyptian tools including granite drill tubes which were used to drill holes in granite.

Ancient barges had enormous capacity. Queen Hatchepsut's barges ([SIZE=-2]1498-1483 BCE) [/SIZE]were famous for carrying some of the largest obelisks ever built. The transportation of obelisks were big events witnessed by entire populations living along side the Nile and are recorded in carvings and in diaries of people involved. These barges had a capacity of 1,500 tons, enough to carry more than one obelisk weighing several hundred tons at a time.

Queen Hatshepsut's Obelisk Barge
Ancient Egypt: River boats

No one questions how the Romans got a hold of all those obelisks from Egypt, transported them across the Mediterranean, or erected them in all those piazzas. Here are some of them:

NOVA Online | Mysteries of the Nile | A World of Obelisks: Rome

Yet there they are. Several hundred tons each. The Roman technology and techniques were, by modern standards, not that more advanced than the Egyptians in any way that could not have been compensated by sheer man power. We don't think the Romans had help from Aliens because they were quite proud of their engineering prowess and heavily documented their work.

While i appreciate your comment's, i have to disagree on a number of point's, you have made in your post. Copper tools that have been alleged to have been used by the Egyptians in their work could "Not" have cut the limestone used in the construction of the Pyramids. Now Skeptics ok would turn around and ask me. "How can you make such an assumption (what evidence do you have) Afterall, i am just a guy who posts to a paranormal forum and surely recognised mainstream Egyptologists here would have more or have greater understanding of a subject they have devoted their lives to professionally?

For the Skeptics.. the recognised model for determining the hardness of materials is the MOH scale. The Limestone used in the construction of the Great Pyramid would require a material ie.. (metal) of 4.5 or 5 to have been used in the cutting.
The Copper saw the Egyptologists put on show at the Cairo Museum are made of Copper only, there was no mixing of Metals by the Egyptians to make a stronger cutting tool.

Copper on the MOH scale is 3 or 3.5 So explain to me please "how Copper tools could have cut the limestone when the strength was not sufficient to do so?" Limestone stone hardness at Giza is 4.5. This is not something i made up in my head this are accepted and recognised fact's..

Astroboy ... Granite stone hardness is 6 to 8 that is another recognised fact. "So Copper tools would only scratch the stone not cut. You are basing your ideas on a Documentary you saw, can you show me the clips were Copper Tools cut Granite for example? I basing my ideas around facts.

The MOH scale has been used since the 1800's and it has been recognised the world over by experts in such matters. The only metal that could have cut the Limestone is Iron and Steel. However there is no substantial Archaeological evidence for the existence of either Iron or steel in Egyptian times, but i believe does metals must have been used in the cutting processes?

Yes a large Barge was build by the Egyptian Queen Hatsheput during her reign. You however have overlooked a few critical points in your analyse. One being the Barge depicted at her temple near Luxor was just a depiction and you also over look the fact their is no evidence such a Barge existed during the Pyramid age. Even though there is strong evidence a large barge was build by the queen this all occurred 1,OOO years later after the Pyramid build.

The accurate year is 1500BCE. Egypotologists claim small barges carried the stones down the Nile not large Barges. They could only carry 40tons per trip and most of the weight had to be positioned at the deck in case of tilting or capsizing. Realistically we can not discount large barges being used, but Egypotologists do not agree with me on this point.

Simple fact for you.. The Wood required for the makings of sleds and the building of the barges(boats) could not be found in Egypt. Egypt has no forests they only grow date trees and palm trees and olive trees. These trees especially the date and olive tree supplied a food source for the peoples of Egypt as part of their daily diet.

Realistically they would not cut down trees that provide a food for their people. Most of the wood was probably got from Lebanon (cedar wood) but the amount of wood needed and required would be too much. They would have cut down every tree in Lebanon within 5 years if Egyptologists are to be believed here. Sleds would have to replaced often because of the heavy weights being used and oil perhaps being used to lubricate the movement of the stones along the sled.

When you talk in terms of tons People tend to go blank. So according to Egypotologists; A barge was capable of carrying 40 tons. So in layman's term's that simply means around 5 to 8 Elephants weighting 5 to 7 Tons each depending on species would be aboard each barge travelling every day from the quarry that was 480 miles away in Aswan Egypt.

Egyptologist's claim that 2 million 300,000 stones were used in construction of the Great Pyramid.

I actually believe the number of stones is greater perhaps 3 and half million. Anyway's when you do the sums that means every six minutes a new block would have to placed with precision and without causing damage in doing so. Honestly how that would be possible is beyond me. We are assuming also they were working around the clock for 24 hour periods. Again not very logical. Remember these sums are based on the information povided by Egyptologists who claim it took 23 Years to build the Giza period. I think they probably would've got bored after 5 years never mind 23 years a personal joke here no need to laugh.

What about Labour. Egypt had a population of one and half million during the Fourth dynasty. Egypt couldn't not spare workers like this for long periods. Egypt needed this workers during peak seasons they were an agrarian society that depended on farming. I could write lot more but frequently i do not have the time or the patience for long debates.

Astro do you not even find it one bit strange. That a place that is heralded as once being the cradle of Civilization. That is Egypt and it's people somehow just forget to documented these events? Egyptian society recorded everything else practically but not this. I'm not a fool if someone does not accept ownership, i tend to believe they have no right to it. This is the case here. They never build it because they never claimed they did. We all just assume they must have because we no evidence of any other culture advanced enough before them having the ability to do so. You envoke Aliens.. i never once claimed Aliens build the Pyramids. I stick to facts mainly not assumptions at least i try to avoid assuming too much as best i can.

ahem... "Cooper" tools are for making or repairing barrels. I believe you mean "Copper" tools... just clarifying.

ahem... "Cooper" tools are for making or repairing barrels. I believe you mean "Copper" tools... just clarifying.

I thought it had something to do with Bill Cooper. He did have a lot to say about conspiracy theories after all :D ...

[But getting back to my fabulous earlier post ... because I want to :eek::D. The limestone may have been broken up in the quarry, turned to a putty by that plant I mentioned and then left to hardened in wooden moulds of somesort ... maybe on site(???). It would have been easier than moving blocks from a quarry and then up slopes etc etc etc ...

But who knows?? I think people are going to speculate like this fruitlessly until the end of time ... unless someone builds a time machine or one of those chronovisor machines so we can look into the past and see what they actually did. We may be truly surprised at what they really did ... it may have been something everyone has overlooked for being too obvious.]

While i appreciate your comment's, i have to disagree on a number of point's, you have made in your post. Copper tools that have been alleged to have been used by the Egyptians in their work could "Not" have cut the limestone used in the construction of the Pyramids. Now Skeptics ok would turn around and ask me. "How can you make such an assumption (what evidence do you have) Afterall, i am just a guy who posts to a paranormal forum and surely recognised mainstream Egyptologists here would have more or have greater understanding of a subject they have devoted their lives to professionally?

For the Skeptics.. the recognised model for determining the hardness of materials is the MOH scale. The Limestone used in the construction of the Great Pyramid would require a material ie.. (metal) of 4.5 or 5 to have been used in the cutting.
The Copper saw the Egyptologists put on show at the Cairo Museum are made of Copper only, there was no mixing of Metals by the Egyptians to make a stronger cutting tool.

Copper on the MOH scale is 3 or 3.5 So explain to me please "how Copper tools could have cut the limestone when the strength was not sufficient to do so?" Limestone stone hardness at Giza is 4.5. This is not something i made up in my head this are accepted and recognised fact's..

Astroboy ... Granite stone hardness is 6 to 8 that is another recognised fact. "So Copper tools would only scratch the stone not cut. You are basing your ideas on a Documentary you saw, can you show me the clips were Copper Tools cut Granite for example? I basing my ideas around facts.

The MOH scale has been used since the 1800's and it has been recognised the world over by experts in such matters. The only metal that could have cut the Limestone is Iron and Steel. However there is no substantial Archaeological evidence for the existence of either Iron or steel in Egyptian times, but i believe does metals must have been used in the cutting processes?

This article explains the scientific value of measurements when it comes to stone. In short the MOH value is not the defining determination of hardness or susceptibility to cutting or chipping.

The Giza Building Project

Their is also a huge logical fallacy on your part using this argument. If copper chisels could not have cut into limestone then they could not have carved any of the inscriptions in any limestone block. Therefore all inscriptions on all monuments would have existed only during the bronze age or later since bronze is hard enough to carve limestone. Or that there is a mysterious tool made of unknown material that no one has ever found was used to carved the inscriptions. Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds?

This video shows a copper chisel cutting limestone and even flint shaving limestone:

what the ancients knew I Shorts: Stone Cutting Tools : Video : Science Channel

This video shows a copper tube cutting granite:

what the ancients knew I Shorts: Egyptian Drill : Video : Science Channel

It's a similar technique that Chris Dunn demonstrated on Ancient Aliens.

Yes a large Barge was build by the Egyptian Queen Hatsheput during her reign. You however have overlooked a few critical points in your analyse. One being the Barge depicted at her temple near Luxor was just a depiction and you also over look the fact their is no evidence such a Barge existed during the Pyramid age. Even though there is strong evidence a large barge was build by the queen this all occurred 1,OOO years later after the Pyramid build.

The accurate year is 1500BCE. Egypotologists claim small barges carried the stones down the Nile not large Barges. They could only carry 40tons per trip and most of the weight had to be positioned at the deck in case of tilting or capsizing. Realistically we can not discount large barges being used, but Egypotologists do not agree with me on this point.

Simple fact for you.. The Wood required for the makings of sleds and the building of the barges(boats) could not be found in Egypt. Egypt has no forests they only grow date trees and palm trees and olive trees. These trees especially the date and olive tree supplied a food source for the peoples of Egypt as part of their daily diet.

Realistically they would not cut down trees that provide a food for their people. Most of the wood was probably got from Lebanon (cedar wood) but the amount of wood needed and required would be too much. They would have cut down every tree in Lebanon within 5 years if Egyptologists are to be believed here. Sleds would have to replaced often because of the heavy weights being used and oil perhaps being used to lubricate the movement of the stones along the sled.

When you talk in terms of tons People tend to go blank. So according to Egypotologists; A barge was capable of carrying 40 tons. So in layman's term's that simply means around 5 to 8 Elephants weighting 5 to 7 Tons each depending on species would be aboard each barge travelling every day from the quarry that was 480 miles away in Aswan Egypt.

Egyptologist's claim that 2 million 300,000 stones were used in construction of the Great Pyramid.

I actually believe the number of stones is greater perhaps 3 and half million. Anyway's when you do the sums that means every six minutes a new block would have to placed with precision and without causing damage in doing so. Honestly how that would be possible is beyond me. We are assuming also they were working around the clock for 24 hour periods. Again not very logical. Remember these sums are based on the information povided by Egyptologists who claim it took 23 Years to build the Giza period. I think they probably would've got bored after 5 years never mind 23 years a personal joke here no need to laugh.

What about Labour. Egypt had a population of one and half million during the Fourth dynasty. Egypt couldn't not spare workers like this for long periods. Egypt needed this workers during peak seasons they were an agrarian society that depended on farming. I could write lot more but frequently i do not have the time or the patience for long debates.

The fact that Romans did successfully transport several hundred ton obelisks across the Mediterranean proves that it can be done. Whether their specific techniques were identical is debatable but being able to demonstrate that massive stones can be moved and erected by water transportation in ancient times is a given. You said it was impossible. It is easy to just say the large barges didn't exist but you can't prove that. You simple ignore the carvings showing barges carrying obelisks as just "a depiction" and the writings from an eyewitness. How convenient.

There is indication from carbon dating that the Egyptians did indeed deplete there forests of old growth wood needed in the construction of the pyramids and the barges. This may explain why future construction projects were never as big. There are historical precedence of people depleting forests for construction or industrialization. It happened at Easter Island and it happened throughout Europe in the modern era.

Astro do you not even find it one bit strange. That a place that is heralded as once being the cradle of Civilization. That is Egypt and it's people somehow just forget to documented these events? Egyptian society recorded everything else practically but not this. I'm not a fool if someone does not accept ownership, i tend to believe they have no right to it. This is the case here. They never build it because they never claimed they did. We all just assume they must have because we no evidence of any other culture advanced enough before them having the ability to do so. You envoke Aliens.. i never once claimed Aliens build the Pyramids. I stick to facts mainly not assumptions at least i try to avoid assuming too much as best i can.

I find it strange that people expect a lot of documentation of structures that are built several thousand years ago. I can't even find the blueprints of a 10 year old remodel at city hall. After such a long period a host of things could have happened that would have destroyed any such evidence assuming it was even kept. Wars, natural dissasters, fire, jealous Pharoahs, religious upheaval, and so on could have caused important documents to be destroyed. Never mind that after several thousand years any kind of documents written on papyrus would even stay intact. Again there are historical precedence of important documents being destroyed both deliberately and accidentally. Like I said before the ancient Great Library of Alexandria was completed destroyed. It could very well have had written accounts of exactly how things were done. We'll never know. Book burnings in Europe were quite popular in the Medieval era. The Spaniard did an excellent job of nearly wiping out the entire library of books that the Mayans kept.

If we werer to assume that the pyramids were graves with treasures then why would we expect blueprints or any document detailing the construction? This would only help grave robbers and future pharaohs who were more than eager to replenish their treasurys with plundered goods. This could have been the reason why latter kings had their tombs hidden underground.

The one key piece of evidence that alternative theorists like to dismiss is the written inscriptions on the stone blocks above the King's Chamber that identify the pyramid as Kufus. They've been dismissed as hoaxes. However closer examination reveals that these markings by workers run under and in between the massive stones. It is definitive proof that this is Kufus pyramid.

Finally, Graham Hancock a noted author of many books that put forth alternative theories to the pyramid construction retracted his assertions that the markings on the blocks could be fake. He was given a lengthy examination of the chamber and the markings under powerful lights by the Egyptian authorities and has since recanted the hoax claim. He was able to see the marking between gaps in between some of the stones.

Here is his statement from his own webstie:
The Official Graham Hancock Website: Feature Articles

In short: "... in December 1997, Dr Zahi Hawass allowed me to spend an entire day exploring these chambers. There were no restrictions on where I looked and I had ample time to examine the hieroglyphs closely, under powerful lights. Cracks in some of the joints reveal hieroglyphs set far back into the masonry. No 'forger' could possibly have reached in there after the blocks had been set in place - blocks, I should add, that weigh tens of tons each and that are immovably interlinked with one another. The only reasonable conclusion is the one which orthodox Egyptologists have already long held - namely that the hieroglyphs are genuine Old Kingdom graffiti and that they were daubed on the blocks before construction began..."

Like many other authors of alternative theories Hancock had never been inside this chamber before he wrote his books yet made wild assertions of fraud in order to dismiss accepted theories.

Back