• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Graham Hancock | Mysterious Image

Soupie

Paranormal Adept
1184962_10152376277832354_2269630553215051455_n.jpg

Graham Hancock - Timeline Photos | Facebook

Have a close look at this mysterious image, called “The Quickening of the Child in the Womb”, from the 12th century Rupertsberg Codex illustrating one of the visions of Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179 AD). I’m struck by it’s DMT-like character, notably the large quadrangular object floating in the starry sky in the upper part of the scene containing a curious mixture of eyes and disks. Also note that the object is connected through a long tube to a fetus in the womb of the woman in the lower part of the scene. In his 1958 book “Flying Saucers” the great Swiss psychiatrist and psychologist Carl Gustav Jung felt that Hildegard of Bingen’s vision might be related to the flying saucer phenomenon...

Seems like alchemical symbolism. Especially when you look at the entire image. That is from a larger piece which I found in the .pdf above. I only say that because of the style and the 'eggs' in the bowls. Alchemists were big on eggs in their symbolism and writing.

The bowls are filled with "Cheese" and the "Devil" is "tainting/poisoning" it.
The cheese is being carried by the child in the wombs ancestors.
My understanding of the picture is that: it depicts the process of the formation of a persons personality or character. How good, kind, bad or mean etc they are.
The picture was created by or under the close supervision of "Saint Hildegard von Bingen" (an eleventh century nun, who lived in Germany. She had over the course of her life a series of visions, and wrote several books about them: including "Liber Scivias" from which the image is taken.

The image seen in isolation, that is to say without the accompanying text is open to all sorts of "interpretations" limited only by the "interpreters" imagination, however Saint Hildergard wrote a detailed explanation of what the image depicts. here is a poorly translated version (I used google translate):

"AND I SAW THAT: a over sized , bright splendor, the as flared up in countless eyes and its four angles by the four Sky areas taught . He pointed to a mystery of sublime Creator , which is now in a big mystery to me was known .Amidst this splendor appeared another splendor, equal to the Dawn in purple flashes bright .Now I looked at die earth and saw people who milk in Pottery were wearing. From this they were preparing cheese. apart the Milk was fat . It was strong cheese. Other milk was thin, it congealed bland cheese. Was the last of the milk mixed with corruption, the resulting formed cheese were bitter.At the same time I saw a woman a full shape people in its bosom wore".

the following is probably more accurate:

"
The heavenly voice next explains the vision itself, which
represents the infusion of the soul into the embryo in its
mother's womb. Conception and pregnancy are described

by means of the ancient folk analogy of milk curdling into
cheese; the quality of the milk or semen determines the

strong, weak or bitter character of the product. This vision
is illustrated in the left side of the miniature, which shows

men and women-the ancestors of the unborn child-carrying
bowls of cheese, into which a devil insinuates corruption.*

"

*((source)): http://www.oxfordgirlschoir.co.uk/hildegard/sciviassynopsis.pdf#page=1&zoom=auto,0,842

Back