• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Global Warming Happy Fun-Time

Free episodes:

I know the website well as do actual climate scientists who have tried to post there and get their remarks removed or edited. Hardly worth the time to discuss anything they post. If you are here to learn from someone experienced in this topic you are talking to the right guy. 12 years is a long time to be researching both sides and as I said in my PM to you I was FIRMLY in your camp until I did my OWN research. It is painfully obvious you do not care who runs the site and that is a big problem. Humans do cause warming of the globe. You emit heat right? CO2 contributes extremely little heat and a doubling of CO21 will NOT double that heating. If you had done an ounce of research you would know that. Bottom line is that the small amount humans do contribute does not necessitate the global policies being proposed or implemented. CO2 is your friend.
I hope you DO learn something because when I opened my eyes and mind to this topic I sure did. I am sure in a few more years you will figure it out because you seem like a smart person.

I know the website well as do actual climate scientists who have tried to post there and get their remarks removed or edited. Hardly worth the time to discuss anything they post. If you are here to learn from someone experienced in this topic you are talking to the right guy. 12 years is a long time to be researching both sides and as I said in my PM to you I was FIRMLY in your camp until I did my OWN research. It is painfully obvious you do not care who runs the site and that is a big problem. Humans do cause warming of the globe. You emit heat right? CO2 contributes extremely little heat and a doubling of CO21 will NOT double that heating. If you had done an ounce of research you would know that. Bottom line is that the small amount humans do contribute does not necessitate the global policies being proposed or implemented. CO2 is your friend.
I hope you DO learn something because when I opened my eyes and mind to this topic I sure did. I am sure in a few more years you will figure it out because you seem like a smart person.

That's great and all but I can't learn anything from you if you keep alluding to information that you don't present. I agree that a lot of the policies implemented to reduce global warming are ridiculous in the extreme. I think all we disagree about is the amount of damage being done by the carbon we emit as a species, I think it's a pretty large amount, you don't. Please don't make the assumption that I don't know that humans exhale carbon, I can assure you that I do. What I would like to know is what facts make up the basis of your opinion that our global carbon emissions are not as much of a factor in the warming of the planet as I think they are. If you can present that, great, but simply alluding to the fact that you can and then not doing so gets us nowhere.

Yikes... When you figure out the difference between Carbon and Carbon Dioxide then maybe we can discuss this topic further. If you are exhaling Carbon then you should go see a Doctor immediately. :eek:

Please, I was shortening, let's not nitpick. I really didn't think I would have to clarify that but there you go.

You seem to be trying your hardest not to post any information, I'm beginning to suspect that you have none.

Shortening? riiight. You have displayed a lack of basic knowledge needed to understand anything I would dispute. You are not worth my time at this point but being a smart guy I think you have the ability to discuss this in the future. Here is an awesome website that will keep you reading for a long time and maybe help you catch up to what I have learned. Please read it closely and follow the blue links as well. Sceptical Real Climate Science
I will enjoy discussing this topic with you when you are better informed! :)

Shortening? riiight. You have displayed a lack of basic knowledge needed to understand anything I would dispute. You are not worth my time at this point but being a smart guy I think you have the ability to discuss this in the future. Here is an awesome website that will keep you reading for a long time and maybe help you catch up to what I have learned. Please read it closely and follow the blue links as well. Sceptical Real Climate Science

Keep up with those excuses, yes shortening, I'm busy and I was typing fast, given the context of the conversation, I figured you would understand what I was talking about. Perhaps I overestimated your intelligence. Wow man, you've convinced me, you're so far ahead of me, so much smarter, so many magnitudes above, that I couldn't possibly keep up with you. Give me a break.

All you have to do is post the scientific data you've used to conclude that human emissions are not a major factor in global warming. It's not that hard, I'm sure you can come up with something.....

If you really want to learn something you have to research it for yourself. I have said numerous times here over the years that I do not want anyone to believe a word I say. Research it for yourself and it will make sense. The link I provided is an excellent resource from someone who was firmly on your "side" until they did their own research. Here is another link from some who was also in your camp until she did her own research. Her handbook is awesome and easy to read and comprehend for newbies. Sceptical Real Climate Science
I am not a smart person and would happily concede you have a higher intelligence than me, but I AM far ahead of you in this research.

All you have to do is post the scientific data you've used to conclude that human emissions are not a major factor in global warming. It's not that hard, I'm sure you can come up with something.....
I posted more information than you can read in several months. Have at it my friend. If you are interested in this subject you will explore these two sites and the links they provide.

Here is an awesome website that will keep you reading for a long time and maybe help you catch up to what I have learned. Please read it closely and follow the blue links as well. Sceptical Real Climate Science

Green World Trust is an organization in the UK formed in ~2005 "to promote local awareness of the risks of climate change".
Despite this, they seem to be taking the position of global warming advocates who have "had their eyes opened" and seen that the movement has been "hijacked" and hence it is necessary to oppose the various governmental plans to counter global warming. The reasoning is not clear at first glance, and many anti-GW items which they seem to be treating as revelations have long been refuted.

Ouch. So much for the idea of you being well informed.:rolleyes:

I read your skepticalscience site, realclimate, and a host of other pro AGW sites regularly. why not try and read mine? I guess you are not really interested in finding the facts for yourself.

I posted more information than you can read in several months. Have at it my friend. If you are interested in this subject you will explore these two sites and the links they provide.
In case you didnt read far enough in my posts before you replied here are the two links again.
Sceptical Real Climate Science
Skeptics Handbook « JoNova: Science, carbon, climate and tax

I read your post, this thread isn't about them it's about you, you asked for scientific evidence, I provided it. Not only did you not refute it, you said you agreed with it, which is hard to understand given your frequent postings referring to global warming as a hoax, but I digress. All I want you to do is the same thing that I did, show me the evidence you are using as a basis for your claims that humans have, in your own words, very very very little to do with climate change. I'm not going to read all that right now, though I will peruse it at my leisure. You were the one who started this whole thing, now you're simply going to bow out without making one post that was anything but your opinion? How lame.

In case you didnt read far enough in my posts before you replied here are the two links again.
Sceptical Real Climate Science
Skeptics Handbook « JoNova: Science, carbon, climate and tax

The site is owned and operated by Green World Trust, why would I bother to read old facts that have been refuted? Read this in case you missed it:

Green World Trust is an organization in the UK formed in ~2005 "to promote local awareness of the risks of climate change".
Despite this, they seem to be taking the position of global warming advocates who have "had their eyes opened" and seen that the movement has been "hijacked" and hence it is necessary to oppose the various governmental plans to counter global warming. The reasoning is not clear at first glance, and many anti-GW items which they seem to be treating as revelations have long been refuted.

I'll read up on the other one and get back to you, like I said I'm kinda busy.

by the way... look up in the sky sometime... see that bright ball up there that is hard to look at? it is VERY hot and has a lot to do with warming the planet.

oh and I suggest checking out how much NATURAL vs Human produced CO2 is released into the atmosphere on a daily basis. maybe we should tax the planet that should take care of things in a liberal sort of way.

I provided all you need in those 2 links. I gave you FAR more information than you gave me. I just didnt copy paste it all and take up a lot of space.

Back