• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ghost phone calls

thanks for your post kittykat! your situation sounds terrifying, and I hope that you are able to move on and move away from that place, and cut the tendrils for good!

Raevenskye said:
thanks for your post kittykat! your situation sounds terrifying, and I hope that you are able to move on and move away from that place, and cut the tendrils for good!

Thank you Raevenskye, I hope I can get away from it too. However, Iust tell you that I can not move away from it because when I came to my boyfriends house thinking that it would not follow me and thinking that I could get a peace of mind, I was terrified to find out that it followed me to his house. So unfortunately, I cannot move away from it.
I can try all I want to, but just knowing that it has followed me here scares the daylights out of me.
And yes my situation is very terrifying at times!! I just wish it wouldn't have followed me to my boyfriends house.
This is something I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy.

Okay, here's my first experience with a strange phone issue.

Today I got a phone call on my caller ID. I did a whois look up on it, didn't turn up anything. When I called it back, it says the number was not in service. Talk about weird.

Happened today, hand to God truth.

Tommy Allison said:
Okay, here's my first experience with a strange phone issue.

Today I got a phone call on my caller ID. I did a whois look up on it, didn't turn up anything. When I called it back, it says the number was not in service. Talk about weird.

Happened today, hand to God truth.

that's weird....does it coincide with anything else going on in your life right now?

Well after doing some research on the phone number, it belonged to a telemarketing firm.

So much for being on that national do not call list.

Tommy Allison said:
Well after doing some research on the phone number, it belonged to a telemarketing firm.

So much for being on that national do not call list.

blah. I still get those calls too...makes me crazy! I'd rather it be a ghost! hehe

Tommy Allison said:
It would be nice if it were a Ghost with the lottery numbers.

hehe...I know what you mean! I've read about people who had ghosts that would do their dishes, or fold their clothes...Me? I end up with the one who walks down the hall and leaves the cabinets open! Where can I get one that does the housework, or knows the lottery numbers! hehehe:p

Raevenskye said:
hehe...I know what you mean! I've read about people who had ghosts that would do their dishes, or fold their clothes...Me? I end up with the one who walks down the hall and leaves the cabinets open! Where can I get one that does the housework, or knows the lottery numbers! hehehe:p

Also, do you need to give them a tip too? :cool:

I have a question. I would like to know if anybody else has had this happen or heard of this before . . . . My old house was quite haunted and I would get strange messages on my answering machine. While there was nobody home, it seemed my phone would call other people and it would be recorded on my machine. You could hear the other phone ringing and then somebody answering the line, "Hello? Hello? HELLO!" then hanging up. I thought maybe it was somebody calling my house then using a 2 way line to call somebody else after my machine picked up, but there was never an incoming call logged on my caller ID when this happened . . . any thoughts??

hey terry! I haven't had that exact thing, but i have had lots of "empty" caller ID records....the ones before and after will have info, but sometimes the ones in the middle are just blank...showing only that they're there. No weird messages tho.

Raevenskye,
I have yet to meet anybody else that this has happened to. I find it very strange . . ..

On another note though, when my son was a toddler, he would talk on the phone and just chat away. When I asked him who he was talking to he told me "I talkin to Ganny mommy." I honestly think that somehow he was talking to my deceased grandmother and the reason it rang true to me was because we called her "Granny" when she was alive, but never called her anything but "Grandma" after she died. My son was born on her birthday and I have been told that she is his guardian angel.

Great topic!!
t

what a cool story! I keep hoping for a call from my Dad, but so far, it hasn't happened. We think he's trying to call Mom, tho....she has "empty" caller ID calls, and sometimes her phone will ring, and when we answer, it's the "if you'd like to make a call...." message. We joked that the phone was trying to call for help, but I think Mom thinks it's connected to Dad somehow!

Ravenskye - I know! I never got to talk to my grandma after she passed on. Its not fair that we tend to grow out of that kind of communication . . .

I know what you mean. I tend to have a lot of activity around me, and I see a lot of things, and sometimes chat with "people", but I don't get to pick and choose. I did get a message from my Dad the night he crossed over. It was a very strong "clean-up" kind of thing. I haven't had a communication that strong since. I'd love to get a phone call (and it would freak me out a little, too).

No ghostly stuff going on this week. No more solicitors, no more jackassery.

I am thinking of trying out the EVP thing though.

Tommy Allison said:
No ghostly stuff going on this week. No more solicitors, no more jackassery.

I am thinking of trying out the EVP thing though.

let me know how it goes. I recently used my digital voice recorder in my Mom's house. I discovered that it is so sensitive it picked us up chatting 2 rooms away and thru 2 closed doors! I'm game to give it another shot, tho!

I bought one today. Has all the bells and whistles. I would bet this thing would record Moth Farts from a mile away.

Tommy Allison said:
I bought one today. Has all the bells and whistles. I would bet this thing would record Moth Farts from a mile away.

hehe...so when you hear what you think is breathing....you'll know what it is!

Back