• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ghost phone calls

Raevenskye said:
Has anyone ever gotten one? What was it like?

I have not, at least not in the sense that you mean. Way back when I was 16, my best friend and her siblings were murdered by their mother. After that my phone would ring numerous times and when I picked up there was silence. At the time I thought it could have been my friend, but I don't really know. I never heard her voice.

I, too, would like to know if anyone here has had an actual phone call from the dead. That is quite a good question, Raevenskye!

Inevitably I think of that Twilight Zone episode of the old woman and her dead fiance calling. Creepy episode, that!

I wish a lot of the telemarketers that call me were ghosts.

Transdimensional communications society has some (alleged) phone conversations with ghosts. You can listen to some of them at their site.

I'll try and find a link to their site. It doesn't come up easily in Google. I posted it in other threads though, and will see if I can find it.

that's a really cool website LeClair. The voices sound spooky, but they're not saying anything scary. I think I'd have to get past the sound of the voice, first, if I were to get a call like that.

Raevenskye said:
that's a really cool website LeClair. The voices sound spooky, but they're not saying anything scary. I think I'd have to get past the sound of the voice, first, if I were to get a call like that.

What's funny is Konstantin Raudive was a person heavily involved in evp research. He died, and is still involved, but from the other side it seems (if legit of course).

Ankhes said:
I have not, at least not in the sense that you mean. Way back when I was 16, my best friend and her siblings were murdered by their mother. After that my phone would ring numerous times and when I picked up there was silence. At the time I thought it could have been my friend, but I don't really know. I never heard her voice.

I, too, would like to know if anyone here has had an actual phone call from the dead. That is quite a good question, Raevenskye!

Inevitably I think of that Twilight Zone episode of the old woman and her dead fiance calling. Creepy episode, that!

I am new here and would like to say that I have had the same thing happen.
I live in a haunted apartment and have been there 3 1/2 yrs.
One day I was sitting at the computer and suddenly my phone rings. Oddly enough it showed MY number calling me on my caller ID.
At first I thought it was strange and when I answered it there was complete silence on the line. I hung up and the phone rings again, yet again showing my home number. I answered it and again there was nothing but silence on the line.
So I hung up after saying hello a bunch of times and it rang a third time. Again I said hello? There was silence on the line. Then I screamed, ok whatever is doing this I would like for you to stop the nonsense because other people can't call when you keep calling and I am getting pretty tired of you calling and not talking to me. Suddenly I heard a little girl giggling very faintly and then the phone went dead. Whoever she was never called again after that.
However, one thing to mention is that I have heard a little girl giggling in my apartment, but there is nobody there but me. I check outside, nobody there, and there was nobody living next to me at the time and there are no upstairs apartments as it is all one story apartments and only 2 apartments per building.
I have also heard a little girl humming in my bedroom and nobody was there but me when I check outside again there is nobody outside.
I believe she is approximately 6 to 9 yrs of age and I believe her name is Julie as when the stuff started happening in the apartment, I asked who was there and after a few times of asking and then demanding it to tell me who it was this little girl answered "Julie" So I don't know for sure if it was that little girl Julie playing games with my phone or whatever but I havent had a phone call from her since.

Kittykat said:
I am new here and would like to say that I have had the same thing happen.
I live in a haunted apartment and have been there 3 1/2 yrs.
One day I was sitting at the computer and suddenly my phone rings. Oddly enough it showed MY number calling me on my caller ID.
At first I thought it was strange and when I answered it there was complete silence on the line. I hung up and the phone rings again, yet again showing my home number. I answered it and again there was nothing but silence on the line.
So I hung up after saying hello a bunch of times and it rang a third time. Again I said hello? There was silence on the line. Then I screamed, ok whatever is doing this I would like for you to stop the nonsense because other people can't call when you keep calling and I am getting pretty tired of you calling and not talking to me. Suddenly I heard a little girl giggling very faintly and then the phone went dead. Whoever she was never called again after that.
However, one thing to mention is that I have heard a little girl giggling in my apartment, but there is nobody there but me. I check outside, nobody there, and there was nobody living next to me at the time and there are no upstairs apartments as it is all one story apartments and only 2 apartments per building.
I have also heard a little girl humming in my bedroom and nobody was there but me when I check outside again there is nobody outside.
I believe she is approximately 6 to 9 yrs of age and I believe her name is Julie as when the stuff started happening in the apartment, I asked who was there and after a few times of asking and then demanding it to tell me who it was this little girl answered "Julie" So I don't know for sure if it was that little girl Julie playing games with my phone or whatever but I havent had a phone call from her since.

Oh my gosh.....that's creepy....

A.LeClair said:
Ever try getting any EVPs Kitty?
Yes A.LeClair, I have actually tried AND succeeded at getting EVP's in my apartment.
The first one I got really shocked me as I didn't hear it with my own ears, only got it on audio. It was a males voice stating "Get Out" Others I have done I have asked them to do something and a friend of mine was present with me who has witnessed encounters in the apartment said she had been thinking," Well why doesn't it whistle? Everyone likes to whistle" Sure enough on the play back there was someone whistling and yet neither one of us heard it with our ears only heard them on audio. Other things that I have gotten on EVP were what sounds like water dropping when nobody was in the house and when I came home there was nothing dripping in the house but on the playbacks you could hear what sounds like water dripping. (This too I have heard first hand when I wasn't even trying to get anything on audio. I would be laying on the couch trying to fall asleep when suddenly I would hear a very loud pop or what I thought was a loud water droplet. It scared me half to death when I heard it and I nearly came out of my skin. I don't think that I had ever flown up off that couch so quickly in my life before that day as I did that night)
Many many many other MUCH unpleasant things have been experienced in the apartment by not just me, but by my son, his friend who used to lived with us, and about 30+ other people. Alot of them won't come back to visit me after they experience something odd in the apartment. Alot of them when they talk to me on the phone still talk to me about their experiences in the apartment and ask me how I still live there. My simple answer is always,"Well where else can you find a 2 bedroom apartment for less than $90 a month? and I can't afford to move at this time, so I deal with it with the help of my friends the best way I can.
Also there has been video and pictures that were taken in the apartment. Yes there were results on audio,video, and on camera.
I have had skeptics at the apartment who would roll their eyes when I would tell them what I have experienced in the apartment, but they too end up having their own experiences by the time they leave there.
The video showed things being tossed around the room when nobody was in the house when the video was running and also it picked up a little girl humming some tune. It also picked up black shadows that came out of nowhere in the southeast corner of my bedroom.
The images picked up showed alot. It is said that there is a portal both in my bedroom and in the kitchen/dining room area by paranormal investigators. Other images showed bright orbs (which I am not sure what those are), and there was one that showed a black shadow at the foot of my bed, and another that showed half of what appears to be a small person but there was nobody in the room when I took the photo.

Interesting stuff, Kittykat. Have you considered putting up your audio, photo and video somewhere on the net?

It would be particularly useful and evidential to be able to review all of your material, side by side.

You never seem to hear any really good EVP's that are trying to tell you the lottery numbers, or how to take better care of yourself. It's always mischief and mayhem, or blood curdling screams and crap.

I would try the EVP thing in my place, but to be honest, I'm not truly sure I want to know what other beings might live here besides me.

Tommy Allison said:
You never seem to hear any really good EVP's that are trying to tell you the lottery numbers, or how to take better care of yourself. It's always mischief and mayhem, or blood curdling screams and crap.

Not at all. If we are talking about genuine EVP recordings, they almost invariably are very brief - one or two words, or a short sentence - and not scary. I am not discounting the possibility of recording "blood curdling screams", but in years of experimenting with EVP, I never came across a single example of that kind.

I think it is fair to say that, during every recording session, one naturally attracts spirit beings that are of a similar mental disposition to oneself. So, unless someone has constant fantasies of murder, torture, death and destruction, chances for recording frightening voices are pretty slim.

It is much more likely that you will hear a voice uttering a name, for example. It could be your name, or that of a spirit being. It could be a friend's or relative's name. Alternatively, you could hear a brief comment on your recent activities, or on an event you almost have forgotten about. The comment might be trivial, or highly significant.

However, there is one thing one needs to keep in mind at all times: It is impossible to determine with any kind of certainty who originates the voices. Spirits can give themselves any name they want - including famous one's.

Like many others I'm sure, I would like to listen and view anything you might have uploaded somewhere Kittykat. Please let us know if you have. Thanks.

PS. Under 90 dollar a month rent!!!? I want to move in.

I was actually kind of kidding around about the EVP thing. In all honesty, I'm not a 100 percent that EVP's are generated by spirits.

Sound is a form of energy in the form of a wave, or frequency. Sound disipates, but... Never actually goes away. It simply changes frequency. What if EVP's were the random chance that your recording device was able to receive that frequency?

It would explain a lot of these EVP's wouldn't it?

Then again, I've heard some of these things and they are chilling. They are interesting, but in all honesty, I believe that there has to be a scientific reason, or explanation for them.

Tommy Allison said:
Sound is a form of energy in the form of a wave, or frequency. Sound disipates, but... Never actually goes away. It simply changes frequency.

Erm, are you sure about that? Thinking back to my physics lessons (over 20 years ago) I remember my tutor telling me that energy of the sound wave is absorbed to varying degrees by evey material that it comes into contact with and is converted into minute amounts of heat until, eventually, all the sound energy is converted - nothing is left of the original sound wave.

I did a quick google:

http://www.kemt.fei.tuke.sk/Predmety/KEMT320_EA/_web/Online_Course_on_Acoustics/index_acoustics.html

A vibrating object will produce a sequence of compressions and rarefactions in the air surrounding it. These small fluctuations in air pressure travel away from the source at relatively high speed, gradually dying off as their energy is absorbed by the medium. What we call sound is simply the sensation produced by the ear when stimulated by these vibrations.

A.LeClair said:
Like many others I'm sure, I would like to listen and view anything you might have uploaded somewhere Kittykat. Please let us know if you have. Thanks.

PS. Under 90 dollar a month rent!!!? I want to move in.

Well I will answer any questions that you may have. However, I am afraid that I have not put anything up on the net yet but for very good reason.
The reason for that is because what I am dealing with is way beyond even my wildest nightmares.
Some people didn't believe what I had to tell them about my apartment until they started having problems of their own. In fact, I talked to one lady that was involved in my case. She had to drop the case because it was too much for her. It was causing her group to fall apart at the seams. And this isn't the first time that this happened to her either, however things were beginning to happen in her life that had never happened before. She started having suicidal thoughts and she had never had them in her entire life. This woman had no idea what she and her group was walking into until it was almost too late.
Believe it or not, even I was in denial about what I was facing. I wanted to believe that it was a normal average haunting, even though I was and still am right in the middle of it. However, the things that are in the apartment made me realize that it was not just a normal average haunting, it was far more worse than I had even began to think.
What I am saying is that I was and still am right in the middle of a demonic haunting. No I didn't know it off hand, and when I was told about it that that is what I am dealing with, I didn't want to believe it whatsoever.
That is until the things that are there showed me otherwise. In my case, I opened the door wide and I didn't realize it until it was too late.
You see, I was on the verge of a demonic possession. I was scared out of my whits and I didn't know how to make it stop.
My realization through this whole thing is that people go through relationships and trials for a reason. That reason is so that they can learn from it and condition themselves to becoming a better person so that they can help others to be able to deal with their situation and in the case of relationships, it is to better themselves for when the right one comes along.
Did I realize this at first? The answer to that is no. Did I want this to be happening? Definitely no.
At first I could see no light at the end of my tunnel and even though I am still going through it, I know that I will be able to get through it.
The reason I have not put my story up on the net or that I haven't put any pictures, video or EVP on the internet is because I am still going through it and I wouldn't want it projecting to anyone at this time. I want to be able to get this under control to where it won't affect so many people as it already has.
Now I don't mind sharing what I have gone through, but for now it is in the best interest to not put it up. Not until things settle down a bit. I wouldn't want other people to be going through the same exact thing or maybe worse than what I have experienced. However I will say this, that when things have settled down for a while and they aren't happening on a daily basis then I may do more than put it up on the internet. I may write a book about it as it has been a very bumpy ride and a very hard road to go down.
I was being attacked physically, mentally etc. This is when things started really snowballing and out of control. I felt like it was the beginning of an avalanche and I was about to get covered by this and not be able to get out.
The lady that was trying to help me does not even want to go back to my apartment even if someone paid her to just because of all the harm it had caused her.
So if you have any questions, feel free to ask, I won't hesitate, but for now as far as the evidence to back it up, I won't be giving that out at this time. Maybe at a later time and when I do I will let you all know.

Hi Kittykat! First of all, let me say that I'm sad to hear about your situation. I hope that you are able to get things under control so you can have a normal life! Now for the curiosity phase: how did things go from haunted to horrible? how did it start, and what was the turning point?

Raevenskye said:
Hi Kittykat! First of all, let me say that I'm sad to hear about your situation. I hope that you are able to get things under control so you can have a normal life! Now for the curiosity phase: how did things go from haunted to horrible? how did it start, and what was the turning point?

Well Raevenskye, It started off with things flying through the apartment and it was just little things for a while. I began just seeing apparitions. There was the voice of the little girl and things were just starting like a normal haunting. Or at least that is what I think.
I began seeking help for the apartment in Oct 2006. This is 3 yrs after I had moved in and after things had already started. You see, I tried seeking out help before but there was nobody to help me. Then I thought well I guess it is no big deal that it is happening once in a while. You know honestly I could have dealt with that with no problem.
The reason I started seeking help in Oct 2006 is because that was when things started on a daily basis. I still haven't figured out why. Maybe because the things in the apartment didn't want me really seeking help and I was seeking really hard. I knew I couldn't move but maybe if someone came over to get rid of the things, maybe I could have a peace of mind, were my thoughts.
The first photo that was gotten in my apartment was what was said to be a portal in my bedroom.
Then in Dec 2006 things really started getting bad. It was beginning to affect other people, something I did not know. In January 2007 the group that was helping me had to drop the case because it was tearing them apart.
Then I contacted one group I knew could help me because the founder of the group had gone through the same things I was facing and I knew this through research.
When they started helping me they told me that I had to do everything they told me to do and that if I didn't they would walk away because they didn't want to see me ultimately destruct. So I began doing the things they told me to do. Things got extremely worse. I began getting attacked, I started feeling like there was no light at the end of my tunnel. Thoughts were coming into my mind that didn't make sense and that terrified me. The shadowy figures started terrorizing me more. The things in the apartment began trapping me inside. We had the ice and snow storm and I was trapped in my own apartment. I wanted so badly to get out of the apartment, but there was no way I could.
Knives began getting thrown at me by unseen things, lit candles started flying through the room and trying to burn my couch, and I was terrified that these things wanted to see my destruction. At some points I felt like giving in because I didn't want to deal with it anymore.
My ex boyfriend was getting attacked as well. Things just got incredibly bad. Then I met someone and he was able to get me away from the apartment, at least for a few days at a time. This helped my mentality as I wanted so badly to get away from my apartment but saw no out.
The things in the apartment began following me to my friends house. I was having nightmares that people were trying to kill me, then I found out my son started having the same nightmares. I then began having nightmares of people that I had never seen but they were terrorizing me. Then it got to the point that they were coming out of my dreams and becoming reality. Meaning the people I had dreamed about actually started appearing in an apparition form and terrorizing me.
There have been so many times I just couldn't take the situation anymore. So many times I felt like giving up and giving in to what was happening in the apartment.
When I met the man that has taken me away from the apartment for a few days at a time, I thought I was safe.
I have been at his house now for 2 wks and unfortunately the things in the apartment have followed me here. I have gone back to the apartment 3 times to grab some things and there have been times I have found things that were moved such as my cross that I had was upside down and I know that it was not like that when I left the apartment. My son isn't there and nobody has a key to the apartment but me.
There were things that had barracaded the apartment to where they wouldn't let me in, and when I was able to get in I discovered the cross like that.
It basically went from going from things occassionally happening in the house to things snowballing and getting out of control.
It has not been an easy road to go down that is for sure. I can't stand being in the dark, it terrifies me. There have been smells in the apartment. Smells like someone lit a match, smells like cookies baking when nobody was baking cookies, smells of perfumes. The smells I have had the most is the sulfuric smells. This is something I wouldn't want anyone to ever have to experience in their life.
I wouldn't wish this type of horror on anyone, not even my worse enemy. Sometimes I have felt like I am living in a horror movie with no escape.
Since I have been away from the apartment, yes it has followed me here, but it has not gotten as extreme as it was and lets just hope it doesn't. Like I said it has NOT been an easy road to travel.
Raevenskye, I hope that this answers your questions.

Back