• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Get rid of Biedny

How Do You Want The Paracast to Proceed?

• Less David Biedny

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No David Biedny

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Leave the Format As It Currently Stands

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • More Biedny

Votes: 18 26.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We always want plenty of Biedny and every show, though I reserve the right to make a few comments from time to time. :)

Of course Mean Gene. I really liked the episode a month or two ago where you guys just had an extra 15 minutes of discussion between the two of you.

...My point exactly. I ask for objectivity concerning the bible and Christianity - an objective and honest approach - and this is what I get.

Almost every episode of the Paracast brings up the frustrating reality of intelligent and capable researchers being ignored and ridiculed because of the morons in tin-foil hats. The media is evil for putting the "little green men" slant on UFO stories, Larry King is an idiot for not listening to the real researchers, prime time television misrepresents the facts by splashing fraudulent photos over competent Ufologists unbeknown to them at the time of taping, etc.
You are doing the same thing to the bible, and those of us who believe it.
5th Century? By all credible research, that is asinine.
Pedophiles? I assume you are referring to the Catholic church, and it is simply ignorant to lump all Christians into the "Catholic" heading. The same goes for the crusades - you bringing that up in this conversation is like me accusing the entire UFO community of being a part of the Heaven's Gate cult. Neo-Nazis? Jesus was a Jewish rabbi. That just doesn't make any sense at all. It is juvenile, and screams of ignorance.

Mothra, I love your handle, but it doesn't take too much insight to realize that I was not encouraging an objective look at Billy's material. My point was that a guy like Billy can not be deemed a fraud simply based on what we think about him, or what we have heard about him. We know he is a fraud because of the evidence he presented. That evidence, when it was first presented, was looked at objectively - it may not have taken much looking to prove its falsehood, but I am sure that David didn't just hear what some of Billy's enemies had to say about him, then declare him to be a fraud. David looked at the photos first. He has too much credibility not to do otherwise.

In the case of the bible, you will never see anything within its pages commanding Catholics to kill people for not converting. As a matter of fact, you will not find Christmas, Easter, Sunday worship, the pope, transubstantiation, the imaculate conception of Mary, penance, and the list goes on. Yet, like a Ufologist being lumped in with the likes of a Billy Meirs, I am lumped in with those people who have blatantly misrepresented the words of the bible.
Write your pages Moth, but write them based on your own research into the subject - not what the Catholic church has to say about it, or what the kooks taking things out of context are saying. Which is, again, my point.
Larry King was a moron for not going to the true researchers, yet you are willing to base your opinion of the bible's effect on history based on those who misrepresented its words? That's just not very honest and objective scientific study, my friend.

Beng - I am not going to sit here and trash you or your belief systems. But I will say that as part of a novel I wrote with my mother, being brought up Mormon, and just trying to find myself do to high strangeness in my life, I can honestly say I've done my homework in regards to religion. I've spent a large chunk of my life either involved or studying religion and I will tell you that it was created by men for one reason, and that reason is the control of other men.

I'm not lumping you in with the Jesus rode dinosaur kooks or the tin foil hat crowd. Though there really isn't any data to proof it, I believe Jesus was a real person. He was probably the Martin Luther King of his day and someone I would have wanted to hang with.

My mother and father believe that God created the universe exactly how science says it, and that God created us through nature via evolution. They are also very involved in the Mormon church and it is a very healthy life for them, just as Christianity is for you. but they know the bible and Book of Mormon were written by men. And they also concede that most of it is BS or at the very least mis-interpreted. But they have their faith and thats all that matters.

However. They are in the minority. With most Christians, Muslims, Catholics, Baptists, etc its a one way street. Its tunnel vision. It doesn't allow for Human Nature, it keeps people locked in closets, blinded by self induced ignorance. If I was an ET I wouldn't really be interested in talking to people. I would probably wanna chat with Dolphins or whales or some other intelligent species that doesn't butcher or torture each other.

As far as Larry King, UFO Hunters, The History Channel UFO Files, C2C and the like, Its all just entertainment edited into little consumable bites for the average person channel surfing on a Saturday afternoon. To me none of is valid and its no different from the kooks screaming about GODS wrath at 11:00pm on a Sunday night.

Heres a good example of Religious tunnel vision. When Bill Clinton said that we may have discovered fossilized alien microbes on a meteor, I watched the interviews with people done on the streets across America. The Christians, Baptists or whatever flat out said it wasn't possible because the bible said we are the only life and GODs chosen ones. Its like you hold up a dinosaur fossil to one of these people and they say its not a fossil because it can't be over 6000 years old.

I am not an atheist. I believe in a higher power that we cannot understand or comprehend. I believe in many things, but they are not static. My thoughts and beliefs change with all the new data I absorb. I'm not chained to dogma and a bunch of old me in ties lying to me.

And yes my handle rules :D

Mothra,

That was a great post, and pretty much sums up my own feelings about religion. Thanks so much for taking the time to write that in such a clear, concise fashion.

dB

STAY! and leave it the way it is.
its always good to hear him speak up and ask questions!
Whenever a guest makes a claim (especially if its a guest that ive heard on other shows) Ive wanted to ask a question to the guest, David always asks what i would ask. He doesnt let it continue. Thats great.
And i like when David makes a jab at Gene in very subtle ways. haha.
Gene, youre great too. Have a good one.

And yes my handle rules :D

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5COwner%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Palatino Linotype"; panose-1:2 4 5 2 5 5 5 3 3 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870009 1073741843 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]Thank you - I raved about the concise and logical thought around here, and proceeded to get assaulted with Bevis and Butthead like replies. I appreciate your taking the time to explain where you come from on all of this; it gives me hope for intelligent conversation in the future. And with a title like [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Mothra[/FONT][FONT=&quot], there is obviously good conversation to be had.

Of course, I disagree with your conclusions. As I said before, I have no problem discussing this topic with people of other viewpoints. In doing so, I will do so from a biblical standpoint. Some people look at this from the 'they are ET's' viewpoint, some the 'extra dimensional,' etc... I believe they are demonic, and my opinion is derived from scripture.

I find it humorous to see people talk about how ridiculous the stories of the bible are, the miracles, the virgin birth... then go on to say that they saw a UFO, or were abducted by Grays, and had medical experiments performed on them , or that they were taken to Zeta Ricola where they stayed for 13 years. The lack of applied logic is almost startling. How can anything in scripture be more absurd than any of this?

I can understand where coming from a Mormon family would taint your view of religion. Like I said before though, the bible can not be held accountable for the actions of those who misrepresent it. Mormons say that they believe the Old & New Testaments... and the book of Mormon. The bible says that it is not to be added to or taken away from.

The words of the bible have been so misconstrued that today, even though Jesus said, "Don't think that I came to do away with the Law," that is the first thing out of Christian's mouths when they are asked why they don't observe the Law (Torah); "Jesus did away with it."
WWJD is the slogan, but Christians worship on Sunday, and call it the Sabbath - What would Jesus Do? He would observe a Saturday Sabbath - He was a Jewish rabbi. He taught the Torah and observed its laws.
The list goes on.

Anyway, I didn't want to get it started up again; just make a point that when David slams Christians and the bible, he is alienating (pardon the pun) a section of his audience - which is OK, as it is their show, but their "objectivity" becomes less and less real every time it happens.
I love to hear David slam the hoaxers - that is probably one of the main reasons I keep coming back. But in all fairness, if he were to follow his own criteria for discerning the truth behind UFO's while investigating the words of Torah, I would be willing to bet that he wouldn't be so hostile toward it or the rabbi that I believe in called Yeshua, or Jesus.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"I can understand where coming from a Mormon family would taint your view of religion. Like I said before though, the bible can not be held accountable for the actions of those who misrepresent it. Mormons say that they believe the Old & New Testaments... and the book of Mormon. The bible says that it is not to be added to or taken away from."

I've never understood the My GOD or prophet can beat up your GOD or Prophet. I don't understand why Religious people do this. Isn't the main objective to serve GOD? Why would you bash another group of people who worship GOD, believe most of the same things you do and yet they are not worthy of GODs love because you say so? Isn't that really GODs decision and not a single group of people? ALL religions do this. Its arrogance and makes my point about Human Nature to control and chose sides.

My household was very liberal. I was allowed to walk my own path and seek answers to my own questions. I'm 43 years old I've been a Morman, Christan, Catholic, Baptist, Satanist, and an Athiest. I wanted answers and you know what I got instead?(In the words of the great lewis Black) Many different bowls of shit. The only difference was the smell .:D
[/FONT]

We probably wouldn't get any one better so let the band play on, it's not like we are at the cutting room floor of Hollywood... Heck you guys are a team still cutting tracks in the muck of the UFO/whatever world....;)

Kato/aka Paul Sproviero

Heres a good example of Religious tunnel vision. When Bill Clinton said that we may have discovered fossilized alien microbes on a meteor, I watched the interviews with people done on the streets across America. The Christians, Baptists or whatever flat out said it wasn't possible because the bible said we are the only life and GODs chosen ones. Its like you hold up a dinosaur fossil to one of these people and they say its not a fossil because it can't be over 6000 years old.

I got caught up in a religious debate on a Green Bay Packers forum once (of all places). Several members whom I previously had a great deal of respect for started insisting that mankind was only 6000 years old, and that "cavemen" used to hunt dinosaurs for food and sport. When I asked them for proof of such ridiculous allegations, they stated that "cave paintings" made by said "cavemen" depicted such a scene, so it must be completely valid proof that this happened and that the Bible was a literal history of the human experience. When I countered that my cousin's 8 year old son drew pictures of pumpkin men on Halloween and that this was not to be taken as proof that pumpkin men ever existed, they resorted to calling me a heathen or whatever silly name they have for those that dispute their belief system, and basically told me I was an idiot. Needless to say that I never quite saw them in the same light after that...

BTW: As I am a fairly new listener to the Paracast, I just wanted to say I would very much like to hear more of David's personal experiences on the show. I just heard the episode where he shared his experience of seeing a female apparition with his friend in south Florida, and I found it utterly fascinating.

Can we keep David but lose the horrible impressions/voices he sometimes lapses into? I don't even know him and hearing this stuff makes me embarassed for him. First class douche chills.

I don't want to make it sound like I'm just bashing the guy as I greatly enjoy his other contributions to the show. Also I'm only up to about the end of 2007 in the archives so if he has cut down on this lately I apologize also.

I got caught up in a religious debate on a Green Bay Packers forum once (of all places). Several members whom I previously had a great deal of respect for started insisting that mankind was only 6000 years old, and that "cavemen" used to hunt dinosaurs for food and sport. When I asked them for proof of such ridiculous allegations, they stated that "cave paintings" made by said "cavemen" depicted such a scene, so it must be completely valid proof that this happened and that the Bible was a literal history of the human experience. When I countered that my cousin's 8 year old son drew pictures of pumpkin men on Halloween and that this was not to be taken as proof that pumpkin men ever existed, they resorted to calling me a heathen or whatever silly name they have for those that dispute their belief system, and basically told me I was an idiot. Needless to say that I never quite saw them in the same light after that...

BTW: As I am a fairly new listener to the Paracast, I just wanted to say I would very much like to hear more of David's personal experiences on the show. I just heard the episode where he shared his experience of seeing a female apparition with his friend in south Florida, and I found it utterly fascinating.

lol @ pumpkin men :p

Can we keep David but lose the horrible impressions/voices he sometimes lapses into? I don't even know him and hearing this stuff makes me embarassed for him. First class douche chills.

I don't want to make it sound like I'm just bashing the guy as I greatly enjoy his other contributions to the show. Also I'm only up to about the end of 2007 in the archives so if he has cut down on this lately I apologize also.
Aw c'mon dude. I kinda like the Yoda impersonation. What the hell is wrong with the guy having a little fun. He's serious and informed when he needs to be.

Well, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but those voices are part of my brain chemistry. Get used to them, they're never going away. :p

dB

I find David's impressions very entertaining. A few weeks ago when Klaus Dona was on the show my boyfriend and I weren't sure for a few minutes if David was doing one of his voices when Klaus started speaking. We figured out that doing an impression while the guest was on might be too insulting to the guest so we figured it was Klaus speaking.

picture.php

...actually, I wouldn't mind hearing you sing a show tune or two...let's post a survey on that option.

I hereby insult myself by stating that I am finding it almost impossible to tell the difference between Gene and David's voices! However, I voted for a status quo.

I have listened to several of the shows now and can only fault one of them in a significant way: while listening to Alien Interview I lost count of how many times the same point was firmly and obviously made and, as a result, felt that I had wasted my time listening to it, frankly.

Other than that, I think some listeners must be ridiculously fussy and they should learn to relax more!:D

I am finding it almost impossible to tell the difference between Gene and David's voices!

You know I have had that problem too. Maybe its because i'm british but sometimes I do actually find it really hard to tell the difference between Gene and David. its only after about 5 months of listening am I starting to get the hang of it!

Really? I could tell after my first show. I find the difference between Gene and Daves voice to be quite massive actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back