• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Get rid of Biedny

How Do You Want The Paracast to Proceed?

• Less David Biedny

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No David Biedny

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Leave the Format As It Currently Stands

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • More Biedny

Votes: 18 26.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually., I think its more like "Easy Rider"., (Hopper and Fonda).
Damn!, Dave You must be more popular than Classic Coke.,(260 replies, 9,021 views).

An earlier post in this thread, perhaps the first? by db suggests this is our chance to make the show what we - the listeners - want. Fast forward to about two shows ago? David yelled out very loudly and clearly, this is our show, we can do what we want...
So, yes, db and Gene can definitely do what they want, it is their show. If we like what they do, we will continue to be interested.

Here's to Dave and Gene doing what they want and still keeping their audience coming back for more.

was that ambiguous enough? ;)

The show is really good, but there is a definate slant against the bible and Christianity, which is irritating.
I would challenge David to put as much objective and honest study into the scriptures as he does the UFO topic - at least before he decides to belittle those of us who believe those words to be truth. Harsh words coming from a person who has seriously and objectively looked at the facts are much more palletable than off-handed badmouthing from a person who admits that he is "certainly not an expert on the bibe." In the end, the harsh words from the former are nothing more than opinions; and as I heard on the Paracast recently, "Opinions are like BLEEP, everybody has one."
We all agree that there is a lot of false UFO evidence - but we decide that it is false based on objective research. For instance, if we decide that Billy Meyers is a hoax based only on his personality or what we have heard about him from people that do not like him, then even if he is perpetuating a hoax, we are no better than he... until we look at the evidence, and make our judgement based on the findings.
At any rate, it most certainly is their show, and if I am offended by what I hear, then no one is to blame but me. I am not that offended though. I do not let the opinions on the show get under my skin. It is obvious that in the case of scripture, the opinions are formed out of ignorance and preconceived ideas. This of course would not fly in the more respectable spheres of Ufology, as we demand objectivity, evidence and the scientific method to be exhausted before any credibility is given to a researcher's conclusions - and rightfully so.
But like I said before, it is their show. They are entitled to their own opinions, on what ever topic they so desire... even if it is uninformed.

if David leaves....how could it be... "the paracast...with your hosts...gene steinburg and david biedny?!"

I say...MORE BIEDNY!!!
:D

~vicky

David!! Are you gone crazy!!! You are a legend... Leave the format as it is or else..... you'll be saying hello to my 'lil friend!! :D

Keep up the great work guys!

Dave
Ireland

The show is really good, but there is a definate slant against the bible and Christianity, which is irritating.
I would challenge David to put as much objective and honest study into the scriptures as he does the UFO topic - at least before he decides to belittle those of us who believe those words to be truth. Harsh words coming from a person who has seriously and objectively looked at the facts are much more palletable than off-handed badmouthing from a person who admits that he is "certainly not an expert on the bibe." In the end, the harsh words from the former are nothing more than opinions; and as I heard on the Paracast recently, "Opinions are like BLEEP, everybody has one."
We all agree that there is a lot of false UFO evidence - but we decide that it is false based on objective research. For instance, if we decide that Billy Meyers is a hoax based only on his personality or what we have heard about him from people that do not like him, then even if he is perpetuating a hoax, we are no better than he... until we look at the evidence, and make our judgement based on the findings.
At any rate, it most certainly is their show, and if I am offended by what I hear, then no one is to blame but me. I am not that offended though. I do not let the opinions on the show get under my skin. It is obvious that in the case of scripture, the opinions are formed out of ignorance and preconceived ideas. This of course would not fly in the more respectable spheres of Ufology, as we demand objectivity, evidence and the scientific method to be exhausted before any credibility is given to a researcher's conclusions - and rightfully so.
But like I said before, it is their show. They are entitled to their own opinions, on what ever topic they so desire... even if it is uninformed.

If you are seriously coming here to preach about being objective about Bill Meirs and Jebus then you are delusional. I could write page after page as to why religion and the bible has corrupted and restarined mankind from doing great things. It keeps us swimming in ignorance when the data is right in front of our faces. Please don't get me going on this. My head will assplode

If you are seriously coming here to preach about being objective about Bill Meirs and Jebus then you are delusional. I could write page after page as to why religion and the bible has corrupted and restarined mankind from doing great things. It keeps us swimming in ignorance when the data is right in front of our faces. Please don't get me going on this. My head will assplode

Mothra...i love you..

the bible is a lie made up by leaders in the 5th century trying to scare people into being half decent citizens. the church is run by pedophiles and neo-nazi junior executives or what ever.

have to clarify though.. people are of course entitled to their beliefs.. but! look where that got to the middle east? i'm waiting for the christian (oil) crusaders... oops...to late! HA!

...My point exactly. I ask for objectivity concerning the bible and Christianity - an objective and honest approach - and this is what I get.

Almost every episode of the Paracast brings up the frustrating reality of intelligent and capable researchers being ignored and ridiculed because of the morons in tin-foil hats. The media is evil for putting the "little green men" slant on UFO stories, Larry King is an idiot for not listening to the real researchers, prime time television misrepresents the facts by splashing fraudulent photos over competent Ufologists unbeknown to them at the time of taping, etc.
You are doing the same thing to the bible, and those of us who believe it.
5th Century? By all credible research, that is asinine.
Pedophiles? I assume you are referring to the Catholic church, and it is simply ignorant to lump all Christians into the "Catholic" heading. The same goes for the crusades - you bringing that up in this conversation is like me accusing the entire UFO community of being a part of the Heaven's Gate cult. Neo-Nazis? Jesus was a Jewish rabbi. That just doesn't make any sense at all. It is juvenile, and screams of ignorance.

Mothra, I love your handle, but it doesn't take too much insight to realize that I was not encouraging an objective look at Billy's material. My point was that a guy like Billy can not be deemed a fraud simply based on what we think about him, or what we have heard about him. We know he is a fraud because of the evidence he presented. That evidence, when it was first presented, was looked at objectively - it may not have taken much looking to prove its falsehood, but I am sure that David didn't just hear what some of Billy's enemies had to say about him, then declare him to be a fraud. David looked at the photos first. He has too much credibility not to do otherwise.

In the case of the bible, you will never see anything within its pages commanding Catholics to kill people for not converting. As a matter of fact, you will not find Christmas, Easter, Sunday worship, the pope, transubstantiation, the imaculate conception of Mary, penance, and the list goes on. Yet, like a Ufologist being lumped in with the likes of a Billy Meirs, I am lumped in with those people who have blatantly misrepresented the words of the bible.
Write your pages Moth, but write them based on your own research into the subject - not what the Catholic church has to say about it, or what the kooks taking things out of context are saying. Which is, again, my point.
Larry King was a moron for not going to the true researchers, yet you are willing to base your opinion of the bible's effect on history based on those who misrepresented its words? That's just not very honest and objective scientific study, my friend.

...My point exactly. I ask for objectivity concerning the bible and Christianity - an objective and honest approach - and this is what I get.

Almost every episode of the Paracast brings up the frustrating reality of intelligent and capable researchers being ignored and ridiculed because of the morons in tin-foil hats. The media is evil for putting the "little green men" slant on UFO stories, Larry King is an idiot for not listening to the real researchers, prime time television misrepresents the facts by splashing fraudulent photos over competent Ufologists unbeknown to them at the time of taping, etc.
You are doing the same thing to the bible, and those of us who believe it.
5th Century? By all credible research, that is asinine.
Pedophiles? I assume you are referring to the Catholic church, and it is simply ignorant to lump all Christians into the "Catholic" heading. The same goes for the crusades - you bringing that up in this conversation is like me accusing the entire UFO community of being a part of the Heaven's Gate cult. Neo-Nazis? Jesus was a Jewish rabbi. That just doesn't make any sense at all. It is juvenile, and screams of ignorance.

Mothra, I love your handle, but it doesn't take too much insight to realize that I was not encouraging an objective look at Billy's material. My point was that a guy like Billy can not be deemed a fraud simply based on what we think about him, or what we have heard about him. We know he is a fraud because of the evidence he presented. That evidence, when it was first presented, was looked at objectively - it may not have taken much looking to prove its falsehood, but I am sure that David didn't just hear what some of Billy's enemies had to say about him, then declare him to be a fraud. David looked at the photos first. He has too much credibility not to do otherwise.

In the case of the bible, you will never see anything within its pages commanding Catholics to kill people for not converting. As a matter of fact, you will not find Christmas, Easter, Sunday worship, the pope, transubstantiation, the imaculate conception of Mary, penance, and the list goes on. Yet, like a Ufologist being lumped in with the likes of a Billy Meirs, I am lumped in with those people who have blatantly misrepresented the words of the bible.
Write your pages Moth, but write them based on your own research into the subject - not what the Catholic church has to say about it, or what the kooks taking things out of context are saying. Which is, again, my point.
Larry King was a moron for not going to the true researchers, yet you are willing to base your opinion of the bible's effect on history based on those who misrepresented its words? That's just not very honest and objective scientific study, my friend.

i ment the current pope, bender the XVI or whoever, he was a neo-nazi junior executive, not jebus (give me some credit like..). ok, i have a few questions i like to ask bible bashers...

what about the gospels that were found in the red sea?
what about the fact that if a man jesus's age wasn't married at the age of 32 he would have been cast out long before he'd reach that age, and thought there was something wrong with him? and no-one would have listened to him or followed him. thats a known fact dude..
and just for kicks, what is god's name?

To be honest, some of my favorite moments of the Paracast are when I can tell a guest is just total bullshit, and Biedny is just waiting to tear into them. I get an odd sense of satisfaction when David will point out things that I was thinking to myself, and just roast the guest.

Biedny has a ton of viewpoints that just make a lot of sense. More Biedny! (or atleast at the current format)

Wahhhh! David must stay. There is no there other choice! Assimilate!

Indeed it does. I haven't been too active on here, but have been listening for quite some time. I really enjoy DB and GS and like their resolve in trying to get to the bottom of all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back