• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Get rid of Biedny

Free episodes:

How Do You Want The Paracast to Proceed?

• Less David Biedny

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No David Biedny

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Leave the Format As It Currently Stands

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • More Biedny

Votes: 18 26.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The post that I deleted contained a cheap "fat" joke, and that's just not cool.

So they're gone, and that's that. I don't mind being taken to task, but when it gets down to what that asshole did, they're history.

dB

Let me echo that. We tolerate a lot in these forums, including pretty sharp criticisms of David and me. But there are limits, and when they are crossed, we clamp down. That's the way it is.

I have admitted that I was feeling sort of down when I posted this, in addition to the positive emails there are a number of negative ones as well

Hi David,

There should have been at least one more positive mail - I've been meaning to drop you and Gene a line for a couple of weeks to say thanks for the Paracast.

So, with apologies for the delay, thanks to you both and keep up the good work!

musictomyears said:
Rocketsauce said:
When David says something is probably true, it probably is.

Sounds like a cult to me. So much for "critical thinking", eh?

Man you totally nailed me, chest bump! Wait, take the pocket protector off, now we can do a chest bump, nice.

I think it's fairly safe to say without being a Kool Aid drinker that within the niche of 'paranormal radio', David's standards are a lot higher than his colleagues when it comes to declaring something 'strong evidence' in the UFO realm. So I feel comfortable in giving David's opinion a lot more credibility than someone like........ Alfred Webre who is already discussing the galactic Robert Rules of Order for a phenomena that is pretty one sided. Being abducted seems like a pretty one side relationship IMO. To me that's like, "Lets create a field of politics for how to have peaceful relations with Demons and Grizzly Bears....."

Would I take David's opinion as strongly outside of the tiny niche of paranormal radio world, like what the best rock records of all time are? Probably not (insert Yanni joke). But joining a cult would be cool, just ask my Catholic wife :)

By the way, I hope Gene and David cover the X Conference again this year. I went this year and broke my UFO cherry and it was cool, although sitting in a chair for 8 hours gets boring no matter the topic, particularly when Steven Greer starts talking about the female aura of Mars etc... .

Basset currently has Edgar Mitchell (moon walking astronaut) and Paul Hellyer (ex-canadien defensee minister) scheduled to talk among others.

George Snoory will be there as well, good opportunity for David to express his true inner feelings.... HOpe you guys cover it!

I consider you a friend David. Our phone conversations sometimes run long, but they're none the less meaningful and ALWAYS entertaining.

The Paracast wouldn't be the Paracast without you.

Tommy Allison said:
I consider you a friend David. Our phone conversations sometimes run long, but they're none the less meaningful and ALWAYS entertaining.

The Paracast wouldn't be the Paracast without you.

I agree Tommy. David is fabulously entertaining on the show and on the phone. I could never get away with this without him.

Don't sell yourself short Gene, You make the show as much as David does.

Even though I took a hiatus from the forum to work on various projects, I still caught an episode or two.

Love the show. Been interested in the paranormal for my entire life and this show does it right. More Biedny for me. We need more critical questioning!
Keep it up and i'll keep listening.

Corduory

I've listened to all the shows in the archive, now, and I have to say that David is an integral part of the show. I at one point considered that I had had an interesting life with the paranormal, and that perhaps I should write a book about it: Then, I heard the stories that David Biedny has told on the show, and I realized that my own encounters with the strange are somewhat un-noteworthy. Dave is an agile thinker, and that is really necessary in this climate of inflexible belief systems.

Just to further expand on something I said earlier in this thread. The last interview with Jim Mosely.....I almost didn't listen to it because he is a friend of the show and doesn't usually have much to add imho. While he is debunking roswell I'm sitting there wishing I could ask him a couple of obvious questions and lo and behold David asks him exactly what I was thinking.

Even though the guy was a friend and an old man that most talk show hosts would just let go, he had the resolve to go ahead and openly challenge him. Thats what makes this show different. Great stuff.

One for instance, Binall recently had Nick Pope as a guests. It was an ok interview but very surface no hard questions were asked of Pope, and I thought to myself....if David Biedny was asking the questions we'd be getting a whole lot more out of this guy.

I don't think anybody here can deny that.

DFWMike said:
Just to further expand on something I said earlier in this thread. The last interview with Jim Mosely.....I almost didn't listen to it because he is a friend of the show and doesn't usually have much to add imho. While he is debunking roswell I'm sitting there wishing I could ask him a couple of obvious questions and lo and behold David asks him exactly what I was thinking.

Even though the guy was a friend and an old man that most talk show hosts would just let go, he had the resolve to go ahead and openly challenge him. Thats what makes this show different. Great stuff.

One for instance, Binall recently had Nick Pope as a guests. It was an ok interview but very surface no hard questions were asked of Pope, and I thought to myself....if David Biedny was asking the questions we'd be getting a whole lot more out of this guy.

I don't think anybody here can deny that.

Nope ... not anyone with half a brain anyway :-D (damn ... seem to to have alienated a certain proportion of the audience ... oh well :p)

Ya just gotta put a lid on the radical/rabid liberal rants you toss out.Then, lamely say excuse me ..sorry...did i say that? Focuse young padawan and you will be fine.I enjoy you'r point of view on what it is I'm listening about.Not what I am NOT here to listen about.Sorry I missed in A.C. I was hoping to meet you.Good thing you missed sunday.they ramed everything through and did'nt even give a lunch break!!I have the personal e-mail of the director so I'll let her know my thoughts.(sans politics):D

Well, here's my two cents. I haven't read this whole monster of a thread, so forgive me if I'm repeating the sentiments of others.

I voted to leave the format as it stands. I actually think the success of the Paracast can be attributed to the fact that Gene and David complement each other very well. I think the two of them make the show more than just the sum of its parts. Gene is clearly a talented radio host, he keeps the flow of the show going nicely and adds some humour when needed and pretty extensive experience in the field. David adds the passion and the skepticism the field definitely needs, which makes the Paracast unique. He asks the tough questions to his guests which I wish everyone would be asking. If either of them did the show alone, I probably wouldn't listen to the Paracast.

That's my rant. Take it to the streets y'all.

I don't get this thread at all. Gene and David are a great team. Two pissed of jewish blokes ranting on the paranormal topic, both having had far more then is normal experiences in this area. Come on ill take these two any day of the year over bobble-head snorry.

Seriously i like that Dave has had some personal experiences and i would like to hear more about that strange "woman" that plagued him for a while, and the various experiences he has had with Ritzmann this making intensely interesting radio.

David stays.

[align=center]There was a young man called Biedny
Who’d piss people off who were flak-ee
“Look, Gene here’s the thing…,”
He would say before he’d sting
Then he’d rip them a new one
Post-haste– ee!
[/align]

Loose Leaf Tea said:
[align=center]There was a young man called Biedny
Who’d piss people off who were flak-ee
“Look, Gene here’s the thing…,”
He would say before he’d sting
Then he’d rip them a new one
Post-haste– ee!
[/align]

Why does everyone forget about Gene Steinberg?? Anyway to put things right again in the universe, schtick brings out his large writing implement (actually a qwerty keyboard but thats neither here nor there) and pens the following ...

There once was an really really ancient bloke called Steinberg
Who was really really really really really really really really old and looked like an iceberg
He wrote a sci-fi book with his son called Grayson, entitled "Attack of the Rockoids' which apparently has had some really good reviews
And then bought some more shoes ... since he'd run out and needed some new ones, apparently.
That really really really really old man called Gene Steinberg.

schtick ... not entirely sure he's really getting the hang of this limerick mullarkey :p

(sorry ... copped out a bit at the end there ... what else rhymes with 'Steinberg', apart from 'Mollenberg' which is a form of bread over here in New Zealand??? :p ... and Kronenburg ... and St Petersburgh ... and ... )

p.s. only kidding of course, Gene ... nobody could ever be THAT old, surely?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back