• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Get rid of Biedny

How Do You Want The Paracast to Proceed?

• Less David Biedny

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No David Biedny

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Leave the Format As It Currently Stands

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • More Biedny

Votes: 18 26.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
& why Lou Gentile hasn't come back to produce anymore programs is beyond me. The Lou Gentile Show was without a doubt (& IMO) the most blunt, down to earth, insightful & hilarious Paranormal program....It's a real shame, Lou smeggin' rocks :D.

Goody.

Goody said:
That is my opinion, but geeez....Nah, i'll stop there.

Goody.

Ahh haa ... so you have listened to it then :D

Seriously though ... I agree he can be a total klutz but now and again he does come out with something rather interesting.

Case in point, in a recent show he was talking about the Stephensville UFO (i think it was ... been a bit too busy to keep up with things properly at the moment) ... and he came up with a really interesting thought:

(paraphrasing) ... what if the sighting of the UFO was like the gangster in some old film quickly showing you his weapon?? Just to make sure you knew that he could take you out suddenly :eek:.

In my mind it was a really different way (darker way, admittedly) of looking at (maybe) some sightings. It doesn't necessarily survive dissection but I thought it was a truly interesting point.

Goody said:
& why Lou Gentile hasn't come back to produce anymore programs is beyond me. The Lou Gentile Show was without a doubt (& IMO) the most blunt, down to earth, insightful & hilarious Paranormal program....It's a real shame, Lou smeggin' rocks :D.

Goody.

It's my understanding that Gentile's absence is due to health and financial issues caused by an extremely serious back injury. My interest in his program was mostly limited to his EVP experiments, which he claimed were approaching a level of success through controlled protocols that would justify the interest of mainstream science. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything new on the status of his work in that area since his accident.

nikki630 said:
So ... Here's a question for all the people who don't like David.

Why, in heavens name, are you still listening to the show? Whether it's a TV show, radio show or podcast, if I don't like the host, the format, or how they cover subjects I am interested in, I just stop listening. Recently I stopped listening to Whitley Strieber's Unknown Country for just that reason -- too much "woo-woo" for my tastes.

If David is such a distraction, and so _____ (you fill in the blank), why do you keep coming back for more?

by Michael L.
I won't say that I don't like David, but I will guess that for many an interest in the guest is what keeps them coming back. I mean, I hate Jay Leno's show but if The Misfits were on or Harry Anderson was going to come on and perform magic again, I would watch it. Given this subject matter, you may not get another opportunity to hear many of these guests, particularly when the sun is shining!

One thing that I will throw out, and it goes back to my suggestion that they get some professional consultation if they want to syndicate, is that if I am not interested in a guest I tend not to listen. Gene and David are not able to keep me interested and I am not listening every week to hear David's or Gene's opinions or their witty banter! Once ratings are brought into the picture that will have to change... unless I am an incredible minority. Also, I think that they could use some advice on retooling the show for real time listening as opposed to on demand.

I agree with you Michael. Not all of us listen to the Paracast to hear Gene & David (although more Gene would not go astray). Some of us are more interested in the guests as we are with other paranormal style podcasts such as C2C etc., or any program for that matter.
i also agree with you, Nikki up to a point. If there's something you don't like about a program or host, turn it off!!!
But here's the thing. If Gene & David are receiving mountains of emails from listeners telling how much the Paracast is impacting their lives, why the need for this poll? Surely that would be enough to tell you that you and your show are on the right track? This poll has just been a distraction and an ego boost for David.

I have admitted that I was feeling sort of down when I posted this, in addition to the positive emails there are a number of negative ones as well, I had received three of them in a row and was feeling frustrated. I don't always feel we're on track, sometimes it does indeed feel all for naught.

Whatever.

We don't ask anyone for a red penny for the show, but some love is always appreciated.

dB

David Biedny said:
I have admitted that I was feeling sort of down when I posted this, in addition to the positive emails there are a number of negative ones as well, I had received three of them in a row and was feeling frustrated. I don't always feel we're on track, sometimes it does indeed feel all for naught.

Whatever.

We don't ask anyone for a red penny for the show, but some love is always appreciated.

dB

Mate, I think you and Gene do a great job with this show. You ask great questions and tend to bring out the best or worst in your guests which in turn makes great listening, entertainment wise and information wise.
I am genuinely sorry to hear of the negative emails and can see how they may have impacted on you.
From what i've seen on these forums you get far more praise than criticism and this includes posts from well before this thread started.
I think, as the poll indicates, that you are far more popular than you think.(i voted to keep the format as is)
Keep up the good work, David and don't let the bastards get you down.

Without Dave and Gene there is NO PARACAST.

Here in Australia, many of us that listen like the NO NONSENSE questions, thoughts and comments that you two guys have. Without that and the guys that do it - the show would be like a lot of the rest.... CRAP.

Besides...

If people dont like it they can "Fuck off and stop being wankers"

(thats Aussie for "GET A LIFE" morons.)

cheers!!

BrEnT

David Biedny said:

Whatever.

dB

Dear David, and whoever else reads this, if anyone :p

I can really understand what you mean by your self-doubt and anxiety over your contribution to The Paracast etc.. I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder ('social phobia', not a phobia ... but boy oh boy its a killer) a couple of years ago now, and believe me I know one hell of a lot about self-doubt.

Try going for 40 odd years thinking that you're odd and everyone else is normal ... and then go through therapy for a few weeks only to discover that its the other way round :D (only half-kidding there, folks :p).

Anyway, having an abduction or high-strangeness experience (whatever they may mean/be) is an intensely personal and intimate thing to go through (only guessing, really, but I think I'm pretty much on target with that one). It is bound to leave some self-doubt, frustration, and anxiety about one's self behind in its wake, no matter how strong the person may be before the experience.

Sharing it with the world, though, is a bloody tough thing to do. People who have not gone through the same thing don't realise that. Its like deep depression (another one of my fabulous quirks) ... if you've not gone through it ... noone can really sympathise completely. People will "understand" but they will never "understand" fully unless they have been through it, or something similar.

(no, thats not being elitist in some way ... its the truth, believe me (or not, thats up to you :p)).

My father was a Royal Marine Commando ... tough as hell ... but in some ways I've done far braver things than he'll ever do: I've opened up and talked about my life to strangers, I've travelled around the world on my own (which when you have social phobia is rather bloody astonishing ... imagine being in an airport surrounded by people, and being scared of each individual person no matter how nice they are to you ... imagine being on a plane that had to turn back to the airport cos its engines were faulty ... twice :D).

Anyway ... sorry ... blowing my own trumpet, there :D ... but opening up is a personally very tough and brave thing to do and leaves one utterly shattered.

Sharing it with the world via a podcast in an honest, non-bs-ing way is another thing altogether though. I take my hat off to you, Ritzmann, Vaeni and others for doing what you do.

Excuse this for its rather disjointed manner. I thought I would knock this off very quickly before my sleeping tablet kicks in ... if it doesn't make any sense, then blippity blippity blippity ... oh bugger its kicked in :D.

Anyway like I said before, you're not doing anything wrong ... except for being too soft on some people in my not so humble opinion :p. We have to rid this field (if thats what it is) of hoaxers and hucksters and one-armed-swiss-farmers ... and Greers of many shapes and sizes ... and The Paracast is, again in my humble opinion, at the vanguard of this 'fight', and long may it continue.

[Oh and anyone who doesn't have any doubt about what's happening around us is either a crook or an idiot ... and I think we can do without either of those :D]

schtick ... with yet another rambling missive which noone will probably take any notice of (see ... told you I knew about self-doubt :D)

Mothra:

Even though I am old enough to have listened to The Misfits before Danzig left I actually prefer the Graves albums... However, I saw the 30th Anniversary Tour sans Graves or Danzig and was surprised at how well Jerry Only sang. He doesn't have the deep voice but on the old Green Hell kind of stuff he sounded good enough to make me think Glenn didn't do all the vocals! So any of them!

And Nikki, I have never written Jay Leno to tell him he sucks. I suspect he knows he does in his heart... but that's beside the point! Seriously though, Jay Leno (and other hosts) probably get hate mail all the time. Dave and Gene will have to make some changes if they are aiming for broadcast (such as call-ins or a really good defense of not having them because most programmers will expect it) and maybe one of them will be growing a thick skin. If David thinks he is hated now, wait until people who do not agree with his politics and think the paranormal is the same as Satan run across him on their radio dial!

Although I think, and David if I am wrong about this I apologize, that he may just get some level of amusement and pleasure out of a good fire and brimstone laced letter explaining why he sucks (and is evil)!

Son of ####! Been trying to avoid registering for yet another website, but I've been getting sucked into the Paracast vortex lately.

Kudos on the show, every Monday morning religiously I upload the podcast for the metro ride to work, the only reason I now look forward to Mondays!

The tone of the show is what makes it and I think David's presence is a massive part of that 'tone'. So David should stay for good, sign him up for a long term contract. Even if the intentions of this thread are to boost David's feelings about his work on the show, it's deserved. People who put themselves out there particularly without getting paid and get their balls busted deserve to solicit positive feedback from those who dig it IMO. Why do it if no one tells you they like it unless your Andy Kauffman? Just like amazon.com, most of the people who have a problem with a product are the ones who provide the feedback while people like myself who don't bother to provide feedback but really enjoy the product cruise along. So the 'noisy negativists' (thanks stanton!) are the ones that bum David out when it is likely a minority.

Gene provides the historical prospective and plays good cop as the main host, David asks the hard questions and gets guests to deal with things that a show like C2C ignores, evidence and logic! It's a good balance in terms of personalities much like the beatles :)

Paracast doesn't let new age frauds go on 2 hour tangents without holding them to the fire at some point, which is really really really important in this field where people who need something to believe in are frequently manipulated! I think a large majority of humans need to believe in something and when anyone can say anything in front of a group of open minded people without being held accountable or backing things up, I think this causes problems. Why bother listening to someone talk about what they claim is the real reality with zero evidence or logic to back it up unless it's pure entertainment via C2C??

So I think the real star of the show is the 'tone', and this is the reason I hold this show above all the other paranormal shows and I wish it was on more than 1 day a week since this is such an important topic IMO.

I'm trying to think of some constructive negatives too, since I'll be a loyal listener for a long time and the opportunity to provide feedback that will be considered is great. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Some of the suggestions are probably related to the budget of the show, like it would be great if it dealt with more timely topics (not taped weeks ahead of time) and it would be great if it was frequent, 5 shows a week! and it would be great if the Paracast's 'tone" could take take over Above Topic Secret posts and C2C............ but alas you guys are doing this because you love it and are busy with day jobs so really no one should be very picky!!

I guess as much as you can, I would address timely issues a bit more, maybe in the first half of the show have a 15 min segment on "What's going on in the paranormal this week!", this would interest me. Maybe do that live with a short guest (steve bassett?) and then segway into the more in-depth interview that was taped a week earlier.

IMO it's obvious UFOs are real and the big question is now what. that's my big question, what is going on now?? The texas sighting, why is that worthy of media attention compared to other sightings? lets discuss.... what are the major patterns seen in the abduction world where this stuff happens everyday. Let's trace together the major patterns and timely events and speculate however much a leap it is about what's going on, not just focus on big events that happened 10 years ago and not give creedance to mass testimony. Speculation based on mass testimony is as good as we can get right now, what does this stuff tell us...

The Jeff Ritzman stories and David's stories were great, maybe some more personal stories from people that David thinks are credible, his BS meter is high so I think David is a good candidate to pick out who may be telling the truth and who isn't for personal stories as guests. Maybe see if you can find a volunteer booking/producer to assist in booking great guests so you guys have more time to work on other stuff, not that you don't already but I get the sense you guys are really busy with your day to day lives and could really use any help you can get for stuff like that.

I would maybe suggest getting some additional credible abduction people (if that's possible!) who are very well read on the large patterns and discuss that. Joe Montaldo who has a show on the paranormal network which granted is a bit flakey, might be a good person to probe :) about this topic.

I think with the growing news coverage of UFO's, if this continues the Paracast could potentially become a lot lot bigger, so I think it's great to get feedback from listeners and I appreciate that you guys read these posts.

I can see why some people get annoyed with David's meticulous debunking, long winded discussion about logic in the field, not committing to answers and keeping everything so open at a base level and being on a pedastool of logic sometimes. Although there are some instances where it will slow the show down, to David's credit, when he does commit to believing in something, it makes his opinion that much more important and credible to me. When David says something is probably true, it probably is. Plus, as a personality it's kind of funny to hear David bust on others and provide his honest opinions about stuff, as long as they are focussed opinions and don't take away from a guest revealing some ground breaking stuff! But being more polished is something that happens with time and experience. David's 20 minute drum solo will steadily be honed until it's a 2 min masterpiece down the road.

So I say keep up the great work and continue to evolve into the best paranormal show out there!

musictomyears said:
Rocketsauce said:
When David says something is probably true, it probably is.

Sounds like a cult to me. So much for "critical thinking", eh?

Oh, so now I'm the head of a cult, eh?

Where are the naked women And the guns? And compounds? And where's the Kool Aid?

:rolleyes:

Keep going, this is getting... juicy!

dB

I don't think he was referring to you acting as one in any way, but rather that no one should rely on a person over their own critical thinking.

That's part of the problem with the UFO field you guys always talk about, people following a personality over evidence.

David Biedny said:
musictomyears said:
Rocketsauce said:
When David says something is probably true, it probably is.

Oh, so now I'm the head of a cult, eh?

Where are the naked women And the guns? And compounds? And where's the Kool Aid?

:rolleyes:

Keep going, this is getting... juicy!

dB

I for one welcome our new David Biedny overlord! :D

Not hard to understand why most people would keep biedny...lol
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=816_1186683690
Especially americans for americans

Another deep insight from Riggs. He links to a video with the kind of people who give the U.S. a bad name, implying that I'm a one of them.

:eek:

I have two words for you, and they're not happy birthday.

dB

Riggs decided to personally insult me on these forums, so he's been shitcanned.

I don't have to take abuse here, that's just BS.

dB

Yeah, 2 posts both directed at David. The guy was an assclown.

Speaking of assclowns please tell me that the video he linked us to was some serious selective editing. Can we as a culture really be that stupid?

Damn... This thread is getting heated. :D

Although it's been floating about for a while, that video which Riggs linked to is pretty damn funny. (What religion are buddhist monks? - classic).

Hmmm... I don't believe that Glorious Helmsman Biedny needs to tolerate such insolence. (slide-clunk-click as several cheaply made automatic pistols are cocked and loaded by grubby handed, undereducated reactionary peasants)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back