• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gene & Chris Present "Shop Talk 2012"

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The other day, Chris and I were looking over show schedules, and we realized we hadn't done a "shop talk" episode since 2011.

This is where you ask your questions of your long-suffering, or humble hosts. We expect to talk about the number of ads we run, the prospects for a premium package, future guests, past guests, the election (no not that!).

Show taping set for Thursday at 11 AM Arizona time.

you will totally be asked about ads - but it's a free show. i have started to delete ads from the files so i am not fast-forwarding them. works for me.

have to have a think about other stuff - i already know the state about ads.

1. If you had to pick one specific paranormal event ( or barring that pick one specific area of the paranormal) that really intrigues you or you find endlessly fascinating, what would that be? And why?
2. How does the behind the scenes mechanics of the show work? I mean when you have a guest, do you guys sit around in a living room with a computer and a drink in hand having a conference call? Or do you have a studio?
3. I know Chris attends so-called UFO con's (*snicker*), but how often do you guys attend events like that? Is there any you might recommend?
4. I don't know of this idea has been brought up before on the Paracast, but I would like to try an experiment involving asking aliens/ultraterrrestrials/interdimensional that may be monitoring the internet to contact us here on the website or I'd be willing to act as the sacrificial goat and contact me or any other volunteers directly. What do you think?Too tin-foil hatted? Not the Paracasts style? (BTW, someone told me Dr.Greer is doing something like that, but maybe they've got a no contact policy with psychos which may explain why he hasn't made contact.)

Thanks,

exo

I've heard chris talk of his experiences as a kid on several shows but only once...I forget which show it was on ...did I hear him mention these reoccurring dreams ( I may have recollected wrongly here) where he would be out walking and holes would open up in the ground and he would fall through or something would try to pull him down. Could you please elaborate on this dream, did you ever find any context or connections with your life ?

I ask because I had many similar as a kid, where these shallow pockets or sinks would appear, I would see them appear and if I stepped in one, the ground would literally rip open and my leg or legs would fall through and a bunch of underground beings would come running over to pull me down but I would get away every time.

@exo - no harm in trying I suppose?

Yeah I know it sounds loopy, and it's a looooong shot, and I have no idea how someone claiming to be ET or other...could be vetted. Unless they appeared in person or an obviously non-human craft appeared.....something on that order maybe?
But luck favors the bold (or sometimes the crazy).....so......you never know until you try.

I'd like to see what others think about this too.

1) Gene, having been an observer of/part of the ufological world for as long as you have, what are some of your thoughts on how the public today looks at ufology now compared to in the past and how you think it might change in the future, both near and distant?

2) Chris, even as someone who seems to have had an interest in the paranormal long before becoming a paranormal investigator, how has your view on the world around you changed since you started investgating cases?

A few questions:

1. Are there any guests you have failed to secure but would still strongly like?
2. Any guests you'd have liked to interview historically but cannot cos they died before the Paracast?
3. The single most compelling piece of evidence/testimony/case that convince each of you there is something to ufos/paranormal?

1. Has anyone of you ever heard of a UFO / paranormal hotspot or "window area" here in my home country of Germany? Coz I can't seem to find anything anywhere around here. It's all quite boring and normal. Or do you think I should be happy about that and not ask any questions?

2. OK, a couple of questions for Gene. You say you've never seen anything UFO-wise. So. Like, really? I mean, not even the tiniest nocturnal light manoeuvering in a way that made you go "what the..."? Or do you dismiss these kinds of "sightings categorically as "probably nothing unusual"?

3. (@Gene AND Chris) Maybe some other hard-to-explain experience? Strange dreams come true, kids talking about something they shouldn't know anything of (like former lives) that sort of thing?

4. (@Gene) You said that you've been on and off the UFO-field quite a bit because it's quite easy to get disenchanted with. So what made you come back every time?

5. I don't know if you'll talk about the former co-host /that seems to be something of a taboo although I have no idea why), but he had like a lot of paranormal and UFO stuff going on. (and I still don't really know why he left) Did any of you ever experience anything while he was around? What did you think of his reports?

6. Chris, what would you like to tell people who are considering to do their own research in this field (besides of the obvious "do something useful instead!")? As I said, where I live, on the surface, nothing paranormal or fringy seems to happen at all, but I suspect that this is mostly because people just won't talk about it. I'd really like to know if my observations (regarding possible reincarnation cases) are absolutely rare or if they might be more common. Same with haunting cases which should be more common but are totally taboo as a subject. Did you ever place an announcement in the newspaper or something to get reports?

7. Oh and Gene, do tell us more about your interview with James Randi. I think he's a fascinating character. I mean, what makes stage magicians (Houdini being the other outstanding example) want to disillusion their audience?

8. What do y'all think about things like consciousness, NDE and reincarnation research and people like the late Ian Stevenson? Is there any chance that you might get someone like Jim Tucker, Bruce Greyson, Gary Schwarz, Judy Beischel, Jeffrey Long, Melvin Morse etc for an interview?

9. Has there ever been a UFO-related or paranormal claim that you dismissed right away without even looking at the (alleged) witnesses / the evidence? If so, did any of the before mentioned later turn out to be more interesting or valid than you had thought?

1. First off, Chris, what is up with the San Luis Valley research? Has there been anything remarkable recently that is being investigated?

2. If you were to be the conservator of a large amount of money, say $5-10 million USD, that HAD to be funneled into UFO research, where would you put it? Or how would you spread it around? And yes Chris, you get some for your research....

Do you guys have an opinion of Theresa Caputo the "Long Island Medium" on TLC? Have you seen the show? I think she would be a great guest. She seems legit to me, and I confess she has changed my views on the afterlife. I should say I'm from Long Island and I'm Italian so I may be partial, but nothing about her and her family seems hoaxed or faked.
If you're curious: Videos - Theresa Caputo

Gene ( on youth and ufology ):
  1. As a veteran in ufology, what advice or encouragement would you give to young people who are just getting interested in UFOs?
  2. What advice can you give to parents of young people who have become interested in UFOs? For example:
    • Are there any "Kid safe" books a parent could get for their 12-15 year old?
    • What pitfalls should parents try to help their kids avoid?
Chris chime in there to if you want.

Thanks guys!

Back