• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gary A. David

The show brought up a bigger issue of vanishing public land and Archeological sites to development and modern land privateers. I live in Thailand and this issue constantly comes up with developments showing up "suddenly" on public land. These deals are usually secret and lots of money changes hands. If it is out in the open it is more difficult to exploit people. The more publicity we give the issue the harder it is for the privateers. Native Americans really need to watch out for each other inter-tribally because these privateers have had great success in the past pitting them against each other. Watch out for lobbyists and their lawyers in particular.

Despite it is sorry in fact that native Americans do loose their traditions as this is something that it was and for some of them is still important. But I have a hard time of understanding what ancients traditions, rituals and their dying off have to do with the end of the 4-th world?

It really reminds me a novel by Robert Shekley when one of its characters was speaking with poems being outside all the time because he was afraid of bad consequences. And when the other character heard him speaking prose inside he asked 'Oh you can speak normally? Why do you speak in rhyme ouside?' And he replied with the other question 'Have you ever tried to walk under the sea with your mouth being open?'

What I'm saying is that it does sound naive, it worked for Indians back in time when they were confronting elements face to face and tried to deal with it the way they thought should work...

And a few words about doubts that we humans are fully responsible - please don't judge by tv news, read science reports, they do show the scale of what we've been doing with the Earth atmosphere. We cause 100% of the trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in a bus.

IMO a good interview. Mr David gives seemingly gives us a well balanced view of Hopi culture and prophecy. He seems to lean toward the notion that Hopi mythology is a special case among mythologies of many cultures. But I like that he presents what he knows about Hopi myths and culture and seems to suggest we decide for ourselves. Good stuff.

And Mr. Land Developers: the Grand Canyon is indeed a place so special that it is sacred. Tread lightly!

I know the show had a more apocalyptic tone, but I have always thought the end of the 4th world was the "end" of their culture as they know it.

I will comment on the discussion at the start of the episode. Chris discussed Robert Biggalow dictating the information about skinwalker ranch being released to the public. This week I was listening to a podcast with ex MUFON talking about this guy gaining exclusive information while cutting the public out. Since he seems to be making such a name for himself maybe you guys could do a show about him and speculate about what his motivations are.

Back