• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Future History - The Next Hundred Years in Space?

freemars2259

Skilled Investigator
Richard's Room 101 - "Future History - The Next Hundred Years in Space?": http://binnallofamerica.com/rr10.12.8.html

"I've always had an interest in science fiction and the future of space travel. So this fortnight, I thought we might try something a little different...a possible timeline for the next hundred years or so in space. ...

In the timeline, I've tried to predict future events and breakthroughs as best I can. The first third is pretty much based on NASA's plans for the future, but after 2033 I've had to rely more on the writings of futurists and visionaries like Michio Kaku, Robert Zubrin and Ray Kurzweil, plus some old fashioned guess work.

If any of these predictions seem too fantastic or impossible to achieve in the next hundred years, just think how far we've come over the last century or so. Back in 1903, many mainstream scientist still thought heavier-than-air flight was impossible...never mind travelling faster-than-sound or walking on the Moon! So, when it comes to the future, its probably best to keep an open mind and wait and see."

http://binnallofamerica.com/rr10.12.8.html

Enjoy.

Future History - The Next Hundred Years in Space.

My prediction:

按照“中国卫星导航(北斗)系统应用论坛”轮流主办的宗旨和计划,本次论坛由中国航天科技集团公司高级技术顾问、两弹元勋孙家栋院士担任轮值主席。
  为组织好本次论坛活动,我们热忱欢迎中国卫星导航(北斗)系统应用的主管部门领导,广大卫星导航(北斗)系统用户部门的领导,从事卫星导航应用产品研发制造、系统集成、运营服务和产品营销的公司企业、研究机构的领导和专家学者,积极参加论坛的对话和交流活动,并为论坛提供高水平的论文。为此,现将“2008中国卫星导航(北斗)系统应用论坛”征文有关事项通知如下:
  一、论文内容范围
  论坛主题:中国卫星导航(北斗)与经济社会的发展
  主要议题:
  1.中国卫星导航(北斗)系统在经济社会发展中的作用;
  2.中国卫星导航(北斗)系统应用产业的发展和经验总结;
  3.北斗导航系统应用的重要成果和新的创新;
  4.北斗导航系统应用管理和技术研究、开发的政策发展。
  二、具体要求
  1.本次论坛论文稿件要求从“中国卫星导航(北斗)与经济社会的发展”的高度出发,围绕国家经济社会的发展对卫星导航的需求,从卫星导航应用典型示范工程取的成果;卫星导航应用的新领域;卫星导航在减灾防灾中发挥的作用;卫星导航发展的产业化、管理、创新等政策问题,就卫星导航应用的技术创新、应用发展、应用管理和服务等问题作出分析和探讨。
  2.2008年10月15日前请将论文摘要(论文摘要字数限在500字以内),论文全文和论文电子版寄给我们,以便编辑印刷论文集。
  3.请论文作者的单位做好保密审查工作,不得有失密、侵权内容,文责自负。
  三、联系方式
  联系人:吴继云、袁江涛
  地 址:北京市阜成路8号院综合楼三楼324房间
  通 信:北京市849信箱卫星应用委员会
  邮 编:100830

Learn Mandarin?

Future History - The Next Hundred Years in Space.

My prediction:

按照“中国卫星导航(北斗)系统应用论坛”轮流主办的宗旨和计划,本次论坛由中国航天科技集团公司高级技术顾问、两弹元勋孙家栋院士担任轮值主席。
  为组织好本次论坛活动,我们热忱欢迎中国卫星导航(北斗)系统应用的主管部门领导,广大卫星导航(北斗)系统用户部门的领导,从事卫星导航应用产品研发制造、系统集成、运营服务和产品营销的公司企业、研究机构的领导和专家学者,积极参加论坛的对话和交流活动,并为论坛提供高水平的论文。为此,现将“2008中国卫星导航(北斗)系统应用论坛”征文有关事项通知如下:
  一、论文内容范围
  论坛主题:中国卫星导航(北斗)与经济社会的发展
  主要议题:
  1.中国卫星导航(北斗)系统在经济社会发展中的作用;
  2.中国卫星导航(北斗)系统应用产业的发展和经验总结;
  3.北斗导航系统应用的重要成果和新的创新;
  4.北斗导航系统应用管理和技术研究、开发的政策发展。
  二、具体要求
  1.本次论坛论文稿件要求从“中国卫星导航(北斗)与经济社会的发展”的高度出发,围绕国家经济社会的发展对卫星导航的需求,从卫星导航应用典型示范工程取的成果;卫星导航应用的新领域;卫星导航在减灾防灾中发挥的作用;卫星导航发展的产业化、管理、创新等政策问题,就卫星导航应用的技术创新、应用发展、应用管理和服务等问题作出分析和探讨。
  2.2008年10月15日前请将论文摘要(论文摘要字数限在500字以内),论文全文和论文电子版寄给我们,以便编辑印刷论文集。
  3.请论文作者的单位做好保密审查工作,不得有失密、侵权内容,文责自负。
  三、联系方式
  联系人:吴继云、袁江涛
  地 址:北京市阜成路8号院综合楼三楼324房间
  通 信:北京市849信箱卫星应用委员会
  邮 编:100830

Learn Mandarin?

Ok it says. There will be a ...."KUNG FU TOURNAMENT" What has that got to do with space.;)

Back