1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/introducing-the-paracast/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

From The NY Times: The Pentagon's Secret UFO Program

Discussion in 'The UFO Forum' started by IsaacKoi, Dec 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irreligious Survivalist

Irreligious Survivalist Paranormal Adept

What is your opinion of a journal whose Editor-In-Chief has publicly reported that he (Braude) changed an article that he had written to "match one (Nahm)" had written on the same subject at the same time?

2. Realm

Realm Paranormal Adept

What they actually did was to give Parapsychological Association an affiliate status in their organization. If only they had actually managed to get a single positive result that would hold up to scrutiny in the entire history of such research, they could actually market themselves with that, instead of with highly questionable affiliate status within one organization.

It's basically a pseudoscience publication that tries to imitate real scientific publications. Its editor-in-chief is Stephen E. Braude, who also happens to be a past president of Parapsychological Association, and yet another believer in psychics caught in fraud.
    Stephen E. Braude - Wikipedia

Speaking of which, John Greenewald from The Black Vault has published a couple of papers by Eric Davis, that predate AATIP, but which he suspects may represent similar ideas they were dealing with the AATIP. His intro and links can be found here:
    Some examples of the "38 Reports" Created by the Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program (AATIP)? • r/UFOs

That first paper about teleportation contains the following recommendations:
    He also talks about Uri Geller's spoon bending as if it was some real psychic phenomenon instead of a trick:
    That paper is from 2004. Do I need to say anything more?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    S.R.L. likes this.
  3. S.R.L.

S.R.L. Paranormal Adept

Facilatator of Peace & Tranquility
    While in the cult of Scientology, Harold ascended from level OT I to OT II, for the total sum of $7,975.

It seems somewhat expensive, but look at what you get!

“By confronting hidden areas of one's existence on the whole track [that is, by confronting past incarnations], vast amounts of energy and attention are released. Those on this Solo-audited level experience a resurgence of self-determinism and native ability. OT II unlocks the aberrative factors on the whole track that have allowed the thetan to lose his innate freedom and ability and one achieves the ability to confront the whole track.”

IMHO, he should have stayed and gone for the gusto.

Beyond Operating Thetan:

“Beyond the attainment of the state of Operating Thetan is that of Cleared Theta Clear, which Hubbard describes as such:"

"A thetan who is completely rehabilitated and can do everything a thetan should do, such as move MEST and control others from a distance, or create his own universe; a person who is able to create his own universe or, living in the MEST universe is able to create illusions perceivable by others at will, to handle MEST universe objects without mechanical means and to have and feel no need of bodies or even the MEST universe to keep himself and his friends interested in existence.”

Unfortunately, spanning over ten years, these facts speak directly to belief systems & gullibility.
    Then again, everyone's got their Gris-Gris ...

— L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology 8-8008, p. 114 (1st ed), p. 151 (1990 ed.)

Operating Thetan - Wikipedia

Realm likes this.
  4. Thomas R Morrison

Thomas R Morrison Paranormal Adept

So you'll reach back over 40 years to smear somebody who's only tangentially related to the bombshell NYT story about the AATIP. Man, you character assassins are beneath contempt. I wonder how proud you'd be of the mistakes that you were making 40 years ago, S.R.I. Too bad we don't have that on the public record.

5. Realm

Realm Paranormal Adept

Cheap for that cult, Leah Remini has said to have spent around $5 million in total:
    Leah Remini Says Scientology Cost Her a Total of $5M

Those ideas from scientology seem to have a lot in common with the ideas Puthoff has been selling since then. That MEST has interesting similarities to all that talk about space-time metric engineering:
    Supernatural abilities in Scientology doctrine - Wikipedia

And this doesn't fall too far off from the zero point energy stuff:
    This isn't that close to the anti-gravity stuff, but has some similarities, and Puthoff wrote that one article that made all sorts of religious links, and even referred to the Force as in Star Wars and whatnot:
    Then there's of course this direct link:
    It's not hard to see how a physicist falling to that cult could try to transform such ideas to physics like that.

Sure does, and there seems to be a continuum from that to where the TTSA is now, that is, this really nailed it:

Eric Davis has apparently expressed similar beliefs and interests in telepathy and stuff. This article from 2009 already mentions that teleportation paper I quoted before:
    Paranormal activity of the fourth kind: Aliens, demons and “Men Who Stare at Goats” | STARpod US

No wonder TTSA "science division" is all about the same stuff:
    To The Stars Academy

As the above article begins:
    It seems more and more probable we will see a sequel...

Hollywood Tomfortas and S.R.L. like this.
  6. Constance

Constance Paranormal Adept

Not familiar with that event; do you have a link to a source where I can read an account of it, by one or the other or both? Having read Braude, I suspect that he wasn't plagiarizing but rather was persuaded by the argument of the other author.

7. Constance

In general, the reactions to one or two of my recent posts reminds me that I'm in the wrong room here.

Hollywood Tomfortas likes this.
  8. Realm

Realm Paranormal Adept

This transcript from a lecture by Davis in 2010 shows how that recent talk about figuring out UFO propulsion is also continuation of similar ideas, some of which originate from Skinwalker ranch again:
    Dr. Eric W. Davis, of NASA's Breakthrough Propulsion Project, discussed UFOs during lecture • r/UFOs
    (There's also a link to the video, if you want to see Davis saying those things himself)

It seems they are basically just restating their old ideas in relation to the videos that have been released. So nothing new there either.

S.R.L. likes this.
  9. S.R.L.

S.R.L. Paranormal Adept

Five rocks..., yikes! That would be enough to purchase 166,666.6 media containers of Monatomic Gold, sending one past the stars …

Realm likes this.
  10. Realm

Realm Paranormal Adept

One more continuation to that. I did a quick search to find out why on earth that pseudo-scientific group ended up as an affiliate of a scientific organization. I thought that was off-topic, but believe it or not, it's once again linked to Puthoff.

Apparently that lapse of judgment by AAAS was because of anthropologist Margaret Mead, who was:
    Parapsychological Association - Wikipedia
    and also:
    Margaret Mead - Wikipedia
    and:
    Eminent People Interested in Psi | Psi Encyclopedia

So what was that book? Surprise, surprise:
    That introduction is available here:
    https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00787R000500240025-6.pdf

So she actually believed that remote viewing nonsense, and maybe it wasn't thoroughly debunked by the time she died in 1978. As for the AAAS, the reputation damage was already done, so I'm guessing they think it's better to just let the PA to hang around on their lists, as kicking it out would probably bring them more bad publicity.

A year or so after Mead died, John Wheeler (former president of the American Physical Society) tried to get them kicked out with a letter to the AAAS:
    http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1979/05/17/a-decade-of-permissiveness/

That middle part is probably the reason why Jack Sarfatti has responded to that (linked at the end of that letter), defending his ideas of sending messages faster than light and backwards in time, and how "mental" is apparently one level of reality.

So once again it seems that the world of woo salesmen is quite small and some individuals like Puthoff are somehow involved with quite a lot of it. I have also thought that the crazy beliefs of Scientology haven't had too much effect outside the cult, but now it seems I have underestimated its significance as a source of all things crazy.

S.R.L. and Hollywood Tomfortas like this.
  11. Erno86

Erno86 Paranormal Adept

Surveyor
    Exclusive 60 minutes interview with Luis Elizondo - Former Director of the AATIP

Thomas R Morrison likes this.
  12. Hollywood Tomfortas

Hollywood Tomfortas Paranormal Adept

Cat Butler
    [
    All righty then, Brother @Realm! Your mention of Wheeler, Puthoff and the AAAS debacle not only activates massive memory circuits in my Pre-Internet brain mush, but also makes me realize that it is time for me to come clean and confess to you and to the rest of the Paracast Tribe —- as a gesture of full disclosure (not just “confirmation”) —- of my surreptitious and sometimes overt complicity in these para-shenanigans of the American Leisure Suit Era (Carter + Reagan time) I leave it to you to judge the level or extent of my “conflict of interest.”

Rather than bore you with the history right away which involves my philosophical research for Prof John A. Wheeler at UT Austin in 1976 to buttress his strong version of the Anthropic Principle, my first meeting with Hal Puthoff in 1984 in Northern California and our sporadic time together in Austin between 1986 and 1998, let me post for you now the meager bit of online evidence that proves my complicity.

How retro that the info appears on a quaint old Listserve. Remember them? I suppose I could call my evidence, not a “smoking gun” but rather a “smoking Listserve!” Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!

So back in June 1994 in Austin, Texas I took part in the annual meeting of the SSE = Society for Scientific Exploration. But not just as a spectator. I had submitted my own proposal for a paper to the conference organizers, and Hal Puthoff chose to sponsor my talk. Here is the listing of every Abstract of every paper given that year and I copy mine out of the series. It was not published in the Journal of Scientific Exploration and I don’t have the entire paper anymore, but I suppose one day I could reconstruct from this abstract.

Google Groups

ABSTRACTS
    13th Annual Meeting of the Society for Scientific Exploration
    June 9 – 11, 1994
    Austin, Texas

The international Society for Scientific Exploration will be holding its
    Thirteenth Annual Meeting at the Austin Sheraton Hotel in Austin, Texas
    from June 9-11. The primary purpose of the Society is to provide a
    professional forum for scholarly presentation, critique, and discussion
    of a wide spectrum of topics that presently cross, or fall outside, the
    boundaries of most established scientific disciplines.

At one end of this spectrum are apparent anomalies in well established fields; at the
    other are paradoxical phenomena that belong to no currently recognized
    field of study. The Society takes no position of advocacy on any topic,
    but supports open-minded examination of any issue on the basis of its
    methodological quality and empirical evidence. In addition to its Annual
    Meetings, the Society for Scientific Exploration also publishes the
    quarterly, peer reviewed Journal of Scientific Exploration.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Overcoming the Triple-Nested Narcissism
    of the Anthropic Principle

Tom Mellett
    Department of Physics
    Austin Community College
    Austin, TX 78745

In the ancient Greek myth, Narcissus became so enamored of his
    own reflection in the pond that he took this self-consistent
    observed phenomenon for complete reality. Becoming so
    self-absorbed, he thus became a perfect reflecting surface for
    the calls of Echo, the wood-nymph who loved him and pined away
    calling for him, hence her name. With the irreversible passage
    of time, Narcissus eventually died on the spot, was buried there
    and sprang up for modern times as the narcissus flower, actually
    used medicinally as a soporific.

Various statements of the "anthropic principle," such as John
    Wheeler's "universe as self-excited circuit" with "observership"
    generating Big Bang, Hal Puthoff's "Self-regenerating
    cosmological feedback cycle" as the source of zero-point
    fluctuations in the quantum vacuum, or the statement of natural
    selection: "survival of the fittest" all express the same
    self-referential paradox that bedazzled Narcissus: namely, the
    investment of a virtual image (consistency) with full reality
    (completeness).

But as Goedel proved, the claim to completeness for any logical
    system has its price, namely, inconsistencies, or anomalies of
    logic. It can be shown that there are actually 3 cumulative or
    nested levels of inconsistencies created by the anthropic
    principle which lie between the (1) living, (2) conscious, and
    (3) self-conscious observer and the (1) non-living, (2)
    non-conscious, and (3) non-self-referential objects of such
    observations.

Just as a mirror reverses left and right, so does
    the self-conscious observer reverse the one-way direction of
    deterministic cause and effect. The awareness of this reversal
    and its implications for understanding processes of life
    unfolding in time as well as the critical distinction between
    consciousness and self-consciousness is the first step in the
    long journey ahead to overcome the Narcissism inherent in the
    present interpretations of the anthropic principle.

=================================
    [Presentation sponsored by Hal Puthoff]
    =================================

S.R.L. and Realm like this.
  13. Erno86

Erno86 Paranormal Adept

Surveyor
    Interview excerpt - USS Nimitz UFO incident"

14. Hollywood Tomfortas

Cat Butler
    Indeed brother @Realm, I am still waiting (since January 21) for Brother @Thomas R Morrison to check my calculations concerning the Mass-Energy Equivalence of Hubbard’s claim to gain or lose 30 lbs with of Mass. Put that in your MEST pipe and smoke it!
    "Top questions and doubts about UFO whistleblower, Luis Elizondo "

15. Realm

Realm Paranormal Adept

Is that a prelude for going clear?

Of all the people in this forum, you are probably the most difficult person to judge or read (by telepathy and remote viewing of course), so that will probably remain a mystery...

You really have some interesting connections!

I don't know if I should even be surprised anymore.

At least that proves you are not Puthoff messing with me as an alter ego. Phew, that would have been awkward...

I'm considering asking what you think of SSE and other stuff now and how your views have changed since those times. Should I do it or would I regret even asking?

16. Irreligious Survivalist

Irreligious Survivalist Paranormal Adept

"I asked Braude why he had not included tests for Nahm’s suspicions in the protocol, to which he replied something to the effect that “Things come up.” So, in effect, the team has ignored their findings [on physical mediumship] and focused on Nahm’s suspicions. Very scientific indeed!"

Arrogance of Scientific Authority | Etheric Studies

17. Hollywood Tomfortas

Cat Butler
    Oh, but not to Brother @Thomas R Morrison , who sees right into the very depths of my wretched being. In fact, let me take this opportunity to praise and thank brother Morrison for his magnificent elucidation of my character here on Paracast.

I reference his comment about me dated January 8, 2018
    "Top questions and doubts about UFO whistleblower, Luis Elizondo 1/8/18 "

“I would argue that it makes no difference whether you're a paid disinformation agent or not, because your mind is a dumpster fire of irrationality and blithering nonsense, so nothing that you have to say holds any value regardless of your motives, and in fact your presence here represents nothing more than a regrettable contamination of the information field. Or, to put it in more constructive "feel good" terms, I think you'd find a wealth of kindred spirits over at the Above Top Secret forums - go and find thy people, brother.”

Brother Morrison, I am so moved by your beautifully expressed sentiments about me that I wish to have them appear on my tombstone, so I ask your permission to quote your words in my epitaph

I would also be very honored to have you attend my funeral to deliver a eulogy and bid me a proper Paracast farewell. Inspired by your stirring words, here is what I will engrave upon my tombstone:

HERE LIES BROTHER HOLLYWOOD TOMFORTAS

WHOSE MIND WAS A DUMPSTER FIRE
    OF IRRATIONALITY AND BLITHERING NONSENSE

AND WHOSE VERY EXISTENCE WAS A REGRETTABLE
    CONTAMINATION OF THE INFORMATION FIELD.

MAY HE DECOHERE IN PEACE. AMEN.

18. S.R.L.

S.R.L. Paranormal Adept

http://makeanoteofit.info/~fche/mirrors/www.textfiles.com/bbs/KEELYNET/CONTACT/sfse94.asc
    ;)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Realm likes this.
  19. Constance

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately, the linked article does not inspire confidence that the author [or the medium in this case] understands the stringent protocols of mediumship research. But I'll follow the embedded links to the two papers by Braude and Nahm and to follow-ups by both of them regarding this case in the JSE. If you're interested in pursuing a discussion of parapsychological and psychical research, I'm willing to participate, but it would need to be pursued in a new thread since it would not be of interest to, or even tolerable by, most people involved in this thread.

20. Realm

Realm Paranormal Adept

He sees the innards of all of us like that, and even knows what each of us are thinking better than ourselves.

I think this would provide good material for mine:

S.R.L. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.